Liberty Mutual Insurance Claims Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 3, 2017

2.9

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Rocklin, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Several behavioral questions, some questions had 3 portions. Be ready to ask for those questions to be repeated because you don't want to leave any information out. Then they had me job shadow another employee.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a difficult situation with a customer and how you remedied the situation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (New York, NY).

Interview

There were two kids conducting interviews who couldn't wait to get to their lunch break on a Friday. They Literally read each question from a paper. Horrible communication throughout the process. Stay away. A waste of time.

Interview Questions

Liberty Mutual Insurance Response

Jan 17, 2017 – Talent and Enterprise Services

Thanks for sharing this. We do our best to foster an environment where candidates feel excited and empowered. We're sorry to hear of your experience and we'll pass your feedback along appropriately.... More

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Plano, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process took three days. first attended an open house interview where they tell you about the company and then managers pick you for a one on one interview. was asked to come back two days after to speak with the managers. they were all nice and the interview was like having a chat. they also told me about their schedules and benefits. overall it was a good interview process.

Claims Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Phone interview first and then an in person interview. Both a lot of behavioral questions asked throughout. Make sure to have specific examples. Everyone was very nice at the interview although the questioning was intense.

Interview Questions

• When did you have to make a decision without all the information needed?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Portland, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

4 weeks from application to offer letter. After applying on a Tuesday, I got an email from a recruiter in less than 48 hours on Thursday morning. The recruiter scheduled a phone interview for the following Thursday. (Week 2) The phone interview consisted of mostly background information. I was asked about my current and past jobs as well as experience. Immediately after completing the phone interview, the recruiter scheduled an in-person interview with the hiring manager for the following Wednesday.

(Week 3)The first in-person interview consisted of a 45-50 minute sit down with the hiring manager. They asked the usual "tell me about a time when" questions, as well as asked about previous job experience & my background. It was very relaxed and casual, not intimidating at all. After the interview, I was told I should hear back by early the following week.

(Week 4) The following Tuesday morning, I received an email from another recruiter to arrange another in-person interview and job shadowing. I was told that I would do a teleconference interview with the hiring manager's boss who works out of Denver. The interview was scheduled for the following Wednesday. However, later that day the recruiter emailed back stating that the hiring manager would like me to come in sooner if possible, so we agreed on Thursday afternoon for a 1 hour time slot.

The first 20-30 minutes was spent sitting with current claims specialists. I was able to watch them do the job and ask questions about the position, the company, etc. Everyone I spoke to seemed to really enjoy the job and working for Liberty Mutual. After shadowing, I was put in a conference room set up with a laptop and webcam and had a 20-25 minute teleconference interview with the regional claims manager in Denver. This interview consisted mostly of background questions and questions about my current job. No "tell me about a time" questions this time, thank goodness. I was asked what my current salary was and what my salary expectations were.

The following Monday afternoon, 4 weeks after I applied online, I received a phone call offering me the position... and the offer letter came the following day, contingent on a background check of course.

I think the only semi-negative part of the whole process was that they were in a rush to have everyone start, so I was unable to give a full 2 weeks notice to my current employer... but that wasn't a big deal.

Interview Questions

• If I were to speak to your manager now, how would they describe your performance in your current role?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Liberty Mutual?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Claims Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in March 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview. Asked a lot of behavioral questions. Call lasted about 30 mins. The recruiter was extremely nice and made me feel comfortable. Told me I would hear back from her soon...

Interview Questions

• When was a time you were working with a group and had to negotiate to get your way? What would you do if you were working in a team and someone wasn't holding their weight?   Answer Question

Claims Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted about 2 weeks later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 45 minutes and was mainly behavioral questions, and questions about my background and why I wanted to work for Liberty Mutual.

We scheduled an in-person interview for a few weeks later, during which I met with three different supervisors (three 1:1 interviews) and got the chance to talk to a current employee. The managers gave me more information about the office culture and job requirements. They also asked more behavioral questions.

The people I met with all seemed happy to be working there. The Claims environment definitely seemed stressful, but also interesting and rewarding.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to make an important decision without having all of the information you needed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation available, since it's my first job out of college. However, the salary and benefits were very generous.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Hingham, MA).

Interview

Phone screen with rep from Florida hiring for a position in Ma. Behavioral a questions and review of work history and experience. Recvd a call for interview a week later. Keep in mind I was a previous employee. I had a 2 -hr interview with 4 managers . all behavioral questions. A week later I saw on liberty mutuals hr profile my app was withdrawn. I called the recruiter to ask why would that status change with out my actual knowledge ... Instead of a call back ...they responded with am email they are not considering me for the position which was strange in the way the series of events played out.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to make a decision with limited information?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Charlotte, NC) in August 2014.

Interview

Apply online and the online system will push you out based on keywords or push you through to a recruiter. If you are referred, the process is a bit difference. You talk to the recruiter who only knows what is in the job description. They will recommend you or not. Then you will get an interview with two team managers at one time. Then you will go and sit with someone for part of the interview to see what the job is about. You may have to meet with the claims manager. The manager who interviewed you will make an offer. Interview questions are 100% behavioral and generic.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danvers, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Danvers, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

Started with phone interview and then within a few days was contacted by the hiring manager for a face to face interview. Met with hiring manager and another manager. They asked me mainly situational questions which I thought I answered honestly and did pretty well. Then I met with two group team leaders who asked me similar questions. I again thought I answered them pretty well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you tried to improve a process or procedure and it was not implemented by your organization?   Answer Question