Liberty Mutual Insurance Corporate Development Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Liberty Mutual Insurance Corporate Development Program Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.9

Corporate Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

1st step in a behavioral interview process (Video Conference)
2nd step - behavioral and Case (In Boston)

I completed only the video conference. The initial video conference interview was basically a screen process. Not very complicated and a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Corporate Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in March 2017.

Interview

Very quick, 2 rounds. Efficient but thorough process, spoke with 4 different employees total and got a good feel for what Liberty Mutual is about. None of the questions were very difficult, but were designed to see how you could think on your feet rather than spit out canned answers.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think Liberty Mutual is a good fit?   Answer Question
    • Long term goals?   Answer Question
    • A time you were in a team that aimed for a goal, but did not achieve it. Why not and what did you learn?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

There are 3 rounds. 1st round is HR screening (30 mins / 6-7 behavioral questions). 2nd has 2 sessions ,60 mins / 6-7 behavioral questions and 1 case interview. For case interview, they will give you 60 mins to read the case. The case is about 13 - 15 pages. It is not like B-school case. It is more about the market segment in insurance businesses. It also includes HR and operational stuff such as employee turnover, cost per claim, time spent on each claim, and so on. The final round is the interview with executives.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Seattle, WA) in November 2013.

Interview

Interview consisted of 2 rounds. First round was an hour behavioral phone interview. Asked a lot about personality and job experiences and when and where I analyzed large datasets. It was a very enjoyable phone conversation.

Second round took place on site in Seattle, WA office. It was a long day of interviews: 2 behavioral and 1 case interview. The case interview was 5 steps with basic math involved. The 2 behavioral interviews were very boring, asking almost the same exact questions in both interviews. All questions were asking about analyzing datasets. I felt they did not get a good sense of who I was as a person. All they wanted to know about me was what data I have ever analyzed.

Interview Questions

• Just prepare many examples of different times you have analyzed data. I ran out of different examples.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in February 2012.

Interview

I interviewed with a representative from HR. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. The process was pretty good in terms of responsiveness. After applying, I heard back from HR about a week later to schedule an interview. After the interview, I was notified that I did not pass onto the second round a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions focused on my background (current job and graduate school) to get to know me better. Some of the questions asked were "What is your experience with project management?" "Tell me about a time you were given an assignment with no guidance or instructions", and "Why are you interested in applying for the Corporate Development Program?". I was not asked any tough "case study" type questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in December 2010.

Interview

First round - on campus, behavioral questions for 30 minutes.
    Second round - at the company, behavioral questions with management and 1.5 hours case study about insurance function to present to management. Total is half day.
    Did not pass further but third round with higher level and Final round with CEO

Interview Questions

• Time when you had to do something not align with objectives   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in October 2010.

Interview

Got the interview through the Black MBA fair. Conducted over Skype. Mainly asked behavioral questions - teamwork, leadership, difficult situations

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you needed to convince somebody of a change in a process.   Answer Question