Liberty Mutual Insurance Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Liberty Mutual Insurance Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

3.1

90 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Plano, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online then six days later I received a phone call to do an on the spot phone interview. I was moved forward to a face to face interview the following day.

The interview process was long and separated into 4 phases. Phase one a description of the job and benefits by a supervisor. Phase two 2:1 interview with managers asking mostly behaviour questions using the STAR method and a scenario sheet. Phase three was a video on the company and the job. Phase four was a 1:1 interview with a manager.

Phase two was pretty hard. Both managers were taking turns asking questions that needed to be answered in a specific format. If you are familiar with the star method you must give a Scenario, explain the Task, describe the Action you took, then last what were the Results. Phase four was great. The manager spoke to me like a friend we laughed and talked. She asked more behavioral questions and gave me a scenario sheet. She also asked me about my job history. We ended the interview with any questions I had for her or the company. The next day I received a call early in the morning that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had conflict on the job and how it was resolved?   Answer Question
  • Tell us about a time there was conflict with an employee and how you resolved it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in April 2017.

Interview

Interview process was fairly quick. Phone interview, face to face interview with two supervisors and "meet" with a a manager. I was asked what seemed like a lot of questions for a simple customer service position. The manager just asked you the same questions the supervisor asks.

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Plano, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and within the application you have to take an online assessment where it involves: a typing test, a role-play simulation, and a personality assessment. All in all, I think it took about 45 minutes. After that, maybe within 3-5 business days I got contacted back via email to have a phone interview/screening and to reply with viable times. They replied within 24 hours and I had a phone call scheduled for a few days later.
    I got a call at exactly the time scheduled, and was greeted by the recruiter. The first 10-15 minutes involved a thorough introduction about Liberty Mutual, what they stand for and a detailed explanation of what the position is all about. After that, I was asked about 5-8 questions. Some of the questions were typical like: why should we hire you, where do you see yourself in five years, tell me about yourself, etc.
    The recruiter was very pleasant and it was an enjoyable interview.
    She proceeded with moving me on to an on-site interview which was scheduled for about 3-5 business days after the phone screening.

I got to the building 30 minutes early and I checked in. Then at the exact time that I was scheduled, I was 'picked up' by a recruiter and taken upstairs to be interviewed.
    I went through 4 rounds of individuals, all one on one. (no group interview)
    The first 'round' was a meticulous explanation of Liberty Mutual, what they stand for, what the position is, the hours, the benefits, bonuses, etc. That took about 15 minutes.
    Second 'round' was the first interviewer, she came in with her laptop and she was extremely friendly and put my nerves at ease and spoke to me like a friend wanting to get to know me, She asked me a lot of situational questions like, "Tell me a time when..." and then we spoke about the position and she was really giving me a lot of helpful information about the position that I was applying for.
    Then came the third 'round' and that was another interviewer and she was just like the first person; super friendly, bubbly and easy-going. She played a recording of two sample calls and asked me all of behavioral questions like "What would you do different if at all, and why?"
    And lastly, the fourth 'round' was with the head of team supervisors and he did a debriefing of everything and asked some of typical questions too: Why should we hire you? Do you think that Liberty Mutual would be a good fit for you? etc.

The interview was really enjoyable, I felt challenged with the questions but in a good way and everyone was so nice and really wanted to see you succeed, or at least that's how they made me feel.
    And finally, 2 business days later, I get a call from the original recruiter offering me the job and I've accepted. I officially start in May.

Liberty Mutual seems to be a promising career and future, I'm excited to see what's in store for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Springfield, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Watched video of company, had two 1:1 interviews, one with supervisor and another with hiring manager. 1:1 job observation with co-worker to learn about position and ask questions. Job process was rigged ,very selective with over 50 applicants and the position pays only $11.00 an hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed and how you overcame it?
      Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a customer and how did you solve it?
      Tell me about your career, your background and where you plan to go in five-years?
      Do you have an experience in working in a call center?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Tampa, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

You watch a video that goes over the position and lets you know what to expect in the position and in the company. It's a very informative video. You will interview with two-three people individually and they will all ask similar questions. A lot of scenario based questions so be prepared to answer those!

Interview Questions

• Name one situation where you saw a problem that was not working and how did you fix it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

The application includes a simulation in which you "answer" 2 calls. This is easy. Next I had phone interview with a recruiter for about 30 minutes. He was very nice and scheduled an on-site interview on the call.
    Myself and three other applicants went into a conference room and watched a 20 minute video about the company and the position.
    Then, you're split up into different rooms for your interview.
    I had a 2:1 interview which started off poorly. I asked two questions about the company and one interviewer shrugged, said she didn't know and looked at the other interviewer. The other interviewer gave good answers. I was just taken aback that the one girl didn't even try to answer my questions. Interviews are suppose to a two way street.
    I felt berrated with questions about my last job. They spent too much time focusing on my change in careers and asked the same question several times in different ways and I gave the same answer each time.
    The rest of the interview went smoothly but the one interviewer was clearly bored, played with the straw in her cup a bit.
    They said they went to get another manager. I waited 15 minutes and considered leaving since my first impression was awful and they said they'd be back in a couple minutes but the one decent interviewer came back and said the manager was busy. Obvious lie and indication that they weren't interested. The feeling was mutual. I'm expecting my nastygram any day now but I will be providing feedback about this experience to the recruiter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Plano, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview which lasted around thirty minutes, and two days later I was offered an in person interview, which i have tomorrow. Phone interview was fairly simple, mainly situational questions and then a more in depth description of the position.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2016.

Interview

First, they reached out over email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview went well so she moved me on to an in person interview. It was standard. I sat down with two supervisors who asked standard behavioral analysis questions. I shadowed an employee in the office. They told me I'd hear back in 3-5 days. Still waiting to hear back!

Interview Questions

• What does empathy mean to you? How important is it to have empathy when helping customers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and did the online assessment. I got a email response a few weeks later to schedule an interview over the phone. The interview was pretty standard and the questions were mainly situational.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle an irrate customer?
      How would you deal with a customer who had to consult with a spouse on a product?
      Why liberty mutual?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Irving, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by phone for a preliminary interview, after which I was recommended for an on-site interview by the recruiter. I had a 2 hour interview with the hiring manager, shadowed a Sr. CSR, and spoke with another supervisor in the Liberty Lake, WA office. I was told that final selections for the next training class would be made quickly due to the start date being in the next two weeks. The recruiter contacted me the following Monday and extended an offer to me, which I accepted. Everyone was polite and the only negative part of my experience was the length of time that the background check process took given my fast-approaching start date. I didn't get clearance from HR until the Friday before my start date.

Interview Questions

• What professional experiences have you had that make you a good fit for this position?   Answer Question