Liberty Mutual Insurance Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Liberty Mutual Insurance Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 2, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Springfield, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Watched video of company, had two 1:1 interviews, one with supervisor and another with hiring manager. 1:1 job observation with co-worker to learn about position and ask questions. Job process was rigged ,very selective with over 50 applicants and the position pays only $11.00 an hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed and how you overcame it?
    Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a customer and how did you solve it?
    Tell me about your career, your background and where you plan to go in five-years?
    Do you have an experience in working in a call center?
    1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Tampa, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

You watch a video that goes over the position and lets you know what to expect in the position and in the company. It's a very informative video. You will interview with two-three people individually and they will all ask similar questions. A lot of scenario based questions so be prepared to answer those!

Interview Questions

• Name one situation where you saw a problem that was not working and how did you fix it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

The application includes a simulation in which you "answer" 2 calls. This is easy. Next I had phone interview with a recruiter for about 30 minutes. He was very nice and scheduled an on-site interview on the call.
    Myself and three other applicants went into a conference room and watched a 20 minute video about the company and the position.
    Then, you're split up into different rooms for your interview.
    I had a 2:1 interview which started off poorly. I asked two questions about the company and one interviewer shrugged, said she didn't know and looked at the other interviewer. The other interviewer gave good answers. I was just taken aback that the one girl didn't even try to answer my questions. Interviews are suppose to a two way street.
    I felt berrated with questions about my last job. They spent too much time focusing on my change in careers and asked the same question several times in different ways and I gave the same answer each time.
    The rest of the interview went smoothly but the one interviewer was clearly bored, played with the straw in her cup a bit.
    They said they went to get another manager. I waited 15 minutes and considered leaving since my first impression was awful and they said they'd be back in a couple minutes but the one decent interviewer came back and said the manager was busy. Obvious lie and indication that they weren't interested. The feeling was mutual. I'm expecting my nastygram any day now but I will be providing feedback about this experience to the recruiter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Plano, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview which lasted around thirty minutes, and two days later I was offered an in person interview, which i have tomorrow. Phone interview was fairly simple, mainly situational questions and then a more in depth description of the position.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2016.

Interview

First, they reached out over email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview went well so she moved me on to an in person interview. It was standard. I sat down with two supervisors who asked standard behavioral analysis questions. I shadowed an employee in the office. They told me I'd hear back in 3-5 days. Still waiting to hear back!

Interview Questions

• What does empathy mean to you? How important is it to have empathy when helping customers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and did the online assessment. I got a email response a few weeks later to schedule an interview over the phone. The interview was pretty standard and the questions were mainly situational.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle an irrate customer?
      How would you deal with a customer who had to consult with a spouse on a product?
      Why liberty mutual?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Irving, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by phone for a preliminary interview, after which I was recommended for an on-site interview by the recruiter. I had a 2 hour interview with the hiring manager, shadowed a Sr. CSR, and spoke with another supervisor in the Liberty Lake, WA office. I was told that final selections for the next training class would be made quickly due to the start date being in the next two weeks. The recruiter contacted me the following Monday and extended an offer to me, which I accepted. Everyone was polite and the only negative part of my experience was the length of time that the background check process took given my fast-approaching start date. I didn't get clearance from HR until the Friday before my start date.

Interview Questions

• What professional experiences have you had that make you a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Started with a basic phone interview. Went to office and took a series of tests to guage your personality and if you will be a good fit which was followed
    By an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working in insurance.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Plano, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. Made it past that. Then scheduled for a face to face with 2 different Supervisors. Sat down with an Associate. After last interview with one of upper management was told they would notify me within 2-3 business days. Received email saying not hired. So essentially if you leave after those interviews, assume you did not get the job. I'm sure if they had wanted me a job would have been extended with final interview.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions. Ex. How did you deliver bad news? Have you worked collaboratively?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Plano, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job and received a response within 3 days for a phone interview. After I was contacted by a recruiter, we basically talked for 15 minutes and decided to move me to the next step which was an in person interview. I did not live in the area so I had to drive 5+ hours to get there. The interview process was fairly easy. Set down with someone for 30 minutes to go over the job and the company, then shadowed a person as she answered calls, and then was on to the 3, 1:1 interview for thirty minutes each. I did not get offered the position, which was ok.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to bring a group together to complete a goal.   Answer Question