Liberty Mutual Insurance Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Liberty Mutual Insurance Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 2, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Plano, TX).

Interview

I applied for the position online and received a email to take some online assessments and a mock call center typing and inbound call test. After passing all those test they contacted me for a phone interview which went well so they asked me to come in for a face to face interview. They went over everything explaining the position etc. and then sent sent me off for a one on one interview. After about two day they emailed me saying that they went with someone else who skills match closer to what they were looking for. It was a lot of time invested to go all that way and then not even get the job big disappointment.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to deal with a difficult client and what did you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Plano, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I filled out the application, took the assessments immediantly afterwards. I recieved an email from a recruiter about a phone interview about two weeks later. The phone interview consisted of about 3 behavioral questions and she went over the position. She said she would call me a week later for a in person interview. She got back to me the next week, and scheduled an in-person interview for 2 weeks later. The interview was two hours long with three 30 min 1:1 interviews and a job shadow. It all flowed very well, just have several scenarios from previous jobs that show initiative, teamwork, reliability, and customer service skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer and what was the outcome?
      Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a co-worker, how was the situation resolved? Tell me about a time that you proved your dedication to helping a customer?
      Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online, took online assessment which took about half an hour. Got called for a phone interview. The phone screening lasted only 15 minutes so I thought I hadn't done too well. Sent a thank you email for their time and got called for an in-person interview which is tomorrow.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with a difficult customer at a previous employer?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2015.

Interview

Initially I applied online and I took a 30 minute assessment. The assessment was pretty easy. A day later I received an email stating that they were interested in conducting a phone interview. I gave them three times and dates to interview. The recruiter called at the scheduled time and started the conversation with small talk. She then started talking about the details of the position and salary. Then she proceeded to the questions. They were mainly behavioral, scenario type questions. Then she set up the face to face interview for 2 business days later. I arrived at Liberty and was placed in a room and given a run down of the company, their culture, the benefits, and the customer service position. I was then placed in a room with an interviewer and she asked similar questions to the ones asked during the phone interview. After that, someone else came in and asked about my skills and basically clarifying anything on my resume. One more interviewer came in and asked more behavioral questions. Then i sat and observed someone doing the job for about 30 minutes. (I was initially told that after that I would be sent home). After that I was placed back into the interview room and was asked some more questions about myself and why I would be a good fit. He then told me he would be right back and he sent someone else in the room to offer me the contingent job offer. (They just need to check my background).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because I did not have much experience, but I do have a degree. I think the starting salary is very good. If you do have experience I think you should ask for the higher salary within the range.

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Springfield, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by two different supervisors. They asked how my past experience was relevant to the current role I was applying for. My position directly before this was in the exact same field, so I knew what strengths to highlight (metrics, customer service, dealing w/ angry customers...)It was a good interview as long as you aren't nervous. I was truthful, confident and friendly and was matched with the same energy.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process is really long so do not expect to hear back right away. I applied 11/05 then did online testing after application. A few days later about 11/9 I scheduled a phone interview for 11/12 then after phone interview a few days later on 11/15 had in person interview. I was told at in person interview that it would be a week before hearing anything back as the manager would be gone for thanksgiving. I didn't hear anything back until 12/15 so a month later after last in person interview I received a call from the area manager and did sort of an interview over the phone with her and was offered the job on the phone and sent the offer letter a few hours later. The overall process was good and was a typical interview with behavioral questions answered in a star format. The background after job offer typically takes 7-10 business days. So from time of application to start date it will be almost 3 months.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for liberty? Behavioral questions make sure to answer in star format and you can look up the most common behavior questions and that will most likely be the questions they ask.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Tampa, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied, took an online assessment, was scheduled for a phone interview and was later told that the recruiter had me scheduled for another date...had to reschedule the phone interview, had a face to face interview. It went well...the 2 managers were nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to go over and beyond for a customer. What did you do and how did they feel about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Tampa, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

First you fill the application out, then they ask you to do an assessment. Once they review you're credentials, they decide whether to have a phone interview or not. After the phone interview, they'll decide to send you for an in person interview. Of they like you, they'll offer you the job. Then you'll do a background check.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that shows your commitment to customer service. Tell me about a time you had to deliver difficult information that was hard to understand over the phone (2x). Tell me about a time that you did things different from your coworker-what happened?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Castle, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (New Castle, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

It takes roughly 2 hours. You spend some time sitting and listening to call and then you meet individually with 3-4 managers. They ask questions about your customer service experience. Same questions just phrased a different way.

Interview Questions

• A whole lot of Tell me about a time when...   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Application process was typical. After applying I was sent an assessment to be completed on-line. The next day I was emailed for a phone interview, at the end of the phone interview I was asked to go to an in person interview. The in person interview started off with myself, 2 other job seekers, and a team lead, who showed a video about the company. We introduced ourselves and our spoke of our education, background, future plans and why Liberty Mutual. After that the three of us were separated and each person was put in a small office to wait for two individuals to interview us. If you passed this portion of the interview they would bring in the main supervisor. However, through this whole process everyone just stated that the supervisor was very busy and probably would not be able to speak to us. They tell you this because if you do not speak to the supervisor it means you will not get a job offer and they are avoiding a conflict. I did speak with the supervisor, I am not sure how it went. I have not received a job offer and it has been several days since the interview. Even if I do not get offered a position, it was a good experience and practice. Will update when I know more.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions are behavioral based, make sure you understand the STAR method towards interviewing. Prepare yourself before your interview.   Answer Question