Liberty Mutual Insurance Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Liberty Mutual Insurance Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Nov 20, 2017

3.1

91 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Irving, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by phone for a preliminary interview, after which I was recommended for an on-site interview by the recruiter. I had a 2 hour interview with the hiring manager, shadowed a Sr. CSR, and spoke with another supervisor in the Liberty Lake, WA office. I was told that final selections for the next training class would be made quickly due to the start date being in the next two weeks. The recruiter contacted me the following Monday and extended an offer to me, which I accepted. Everyone was polite and the only negative part of my experience was the length of time that the background check process took given my fast-approaching start date. I didn't get clearance from HR until the Friday before my start date.

Interview Questions

• What professional experiences have you had that make you a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Started with a basic phone interview. Went to office and took a series of tests to guage your personality and if you will be a good fit which was followed
    By an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working in insurance.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Plano, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. Made it past that. Then scheduled for a face to face with 2 different Supervisors. Sat down with an Associate. After last interview with one of upper management was told they would notify me within 2-3 business days. Received email saying not hired. So essentially if you leave after those interviews, assume you did not get the job. I'm sure if they had wanted me a job would have been extended with final interview.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions. Ex. How did you deliver bad news? Have you worked collaboratively?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Plano, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job and received a response within 3 days for a phone interview. After I was contacted by a recruiter, we basically talked for 15 minutes and decided to move me to the next step which was an in person interview. I did not live in the area so I had to drive 5+ hours to get there. The interview process was fairly easy. Set down with someone for 30 minutes to go over the job and the company, then shadowed a person as she answered calls, and then was on to the 3, 1:1 interview for thirty minutes each. I did not get offered the position, which was ok.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to bring a group together to complete a goal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Plano, TX).

Interview

I applied for the position online and received a email to take some online assessments and a mock call center typing and inbound call test. After passing all those test they contacted me for a phone interview which went well so they asked me to come in for a face to face interview. They went over everything explaining the position etc. and then sent sent me off for a one on one interview. After about two day they emailed me saying that they went with someone else who skills match closer to what they were looking for. It was a lot of time invested to go all that way and then not even get the job big disappointment.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to deal with a difficult client and what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Plano, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I filled out the application, took the assessments immediantly afterwards. I recieved an email from a recruiter about a phone interview about two weeks later. The phone interview consisted of about 3 behavioral questions and she went over the position. She said she would call me a week later for a in person interview. She got back to me the next week, and scheduled an in-person interview for 2 weeks later. The interview was two hours long with three 30 min 1:1 interviews and a job shadow. It all flowed very well, just have several scenarios from previous jobs that show initiative, teamwork, reliability, and customer service skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer and what was the outcome?
      Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a co-worker, how was the situation resolved? Tell me about a time that you proved your dedication to helping a customer?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online, took online assessment which took about half an hour. Got called for a phone interview. The phone screening lasted only 15 minutes so I thought I hadn't done too well. Sent a thank you email for their time and got called for an in-person interview which is tomorrow.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with a difficult customer at a previous employer?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2015.

Interview

Initially I applied online and I took a 30 minute assessment. The assessment was pretty easy. A day later I received an email stating that they were interested in conducting a phone interview. I gave them three times and dates to interview. The recruiter called at the scheduled time and started the conversation with small talk. She then started talking about the details of the position and salary. Then she proceeded to the questions. They were mainly behavioral, scenario type questions. Then she set up the face to face interview for 2 business days later. I arrived at Liberty and was placed in a room and given a run down of the company, their culture, the benefits, and the customer service position. I was then placed in a room with an interviewer and she asked similar questions to the ones asked during the phone interview. After that, someone else came in and asked about my skills and basically clarifying anything on my resume. One more interviewer came in and asked more behavioral questions. Then i sat and observed someone doing the job for about 30 minutes. (I was initially told that after that I would be sent home). After that I was placed back into the interview room and was asked some more questions about myself and why I would be a good fit. He then told me he would be right back and he sent someone else in the room to offer me the contingent job offer. (They just need to check my background).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because I did not have much experience, but I do have a degree. I think the starting salary is very good. If you do have experience I think you should ask for the higher salary within the range.

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Springfield, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by two different supervisors. They asked how my past experience was relevant to the current role I was applying for. My position directly before this was in the exact same field, so I knew what strengths to highlight (metrics, customer service, dealing w/ angry customers...)It was a good interview as long as you aren't nervous. I was truthful, confident and friendly and was matched with the same energy.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process is really long so do not expect to hear back right away. I applied 11/05 then did online testing after application. A few days later about 11/9 I scheduled a phone interview for 11/12 then after phone interview a few days later on 11/15 had in person interview. I was told at in person interview that it would be a week before hearing anything back as the manager would be gone for thanksgiving. I didn't hear anything back until 12/15 so a month later after last in person interview I received a call from the area manager and did sort of an interview over the phone with her and was offered the job on the phone and sent the offer letter a few hours later. The overall process was good and was a typical interview with behavioral questions answered in a star format. The background after job offer typically takes 7-10 business days. So from time of application to start date it will be almost 3 months.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for liberty? Behavioral questions make sure to answer in star format and you can look up the most common behavior questions and that will most likely be the questions they ask.   1 Answer