Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX | Glassdoor

Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

Updated Jul 21, 2017

2.9

99 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dallas, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

1.) Online application
    2.) Online assessment
    3.) Selected for phone interview( with out provide a range of dates and times you're available; they will email back with a set date and time)
    4.) Phone interview; was VERY detailed. The STAR method is used. Talked clear and with confidence. She then WHILE on the phone moved me forward with setting up an in person interview. The date was set for a week later.
    5.) The interview was a 2 hour process so have time set aside. I met with a woman who went over the position, hours, benefits, and etc. That was about a 15 process. The second half was sitting with two supervisors who took turns interviewing and asking questions. These are Behavior questions, so again the STAR method was used. I was asked between 5-6 questions after walking them through my resume. Afterwards they hand you a scenario sheet with three answer choices, you must rank each answer choice from most likely to do to least likely.
    6.) You're then taken to a room to watch a 15 minute video, I believe they use this time to decide whether or not to let you meet with the manager
    7.) If all is well, you will meet with the manager who will ask you 2-3 behavior questions, another scenario sheet, then the close out the interview.
    **I called to check the status of my application the following morning and was informed an offer has been extended to me.

Claims Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Plano, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Recieved call to schedule phone interview on Sunday 7/16
    Scheduled for Monday 7/17. In person interview and open house 7/18
    Recieved offer on 7/19
    Start Date September 11
    The process moved extremly fast. I am assuming due to the new facility opening in Plano.

Interview Questions

• Don't remember all but only 5 basic questions
      Why should we Hire you?
      Why Liberty Mutual?
      Name a time you had to explain something confusing to another person (or something like that).   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Plano, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online then six days later I received a phone call to do an on the spot phone interview. I was moved forward to a face to face interview the following day.

The interview process was long and separated into 4 phases. Phase one a description of the job and benefits by a supervisor. Phase two 2:1 interview with managers asking mostly behaviour questions using the STAR method and a scenario sheet. Phase three was a video on the company and the job. Phase four was a 1:1 interview with a manager.

Phase two was pretty hard. Both managers were taking turns asking questions that needed to be answered in a specific format. If you are familiar with the star method you must give a Scenario, explain the Task, describe the Action you took, then last what were the Results. Phase four was great. The manager spoke to me like a friend we laughed and talked. She asked more behavioral questions and gave me a scenario sheet. She also asked me about my job history. We ended the interview with any questions I had for her or the company. The next day I received a call early in the morning that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had conflict on the job and how it was resolved?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time there was conflict with an employee and how you resolved it?   Answer Question

Bodily Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I had a phone interview with a person working with the hiring manager and she will send them everyone resume Fri and then email me back if they decide to interview me in person by Monday do they sometimes email you ? Or they normally offer an in person interview while your still on the line? Do you think I still got a good chance of getting the position. Its for a bodily claim position

Inside Property Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter. I was asked to go over my resume and a lot of the questions that she asked me related to decision making and complex problem solving. The recruiter really wanted me to answer how I dealt with a complex problem in my previous jobs. It was a little more difficult than some of the other phone interviews I have had because the recruiter jsut asked me variations of the same question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a complex problem and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Irving, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Behavioral Interview questions. First spoke with a recruiter. Then received and email to schedule for a face to face interview. First met with 2 managers the 2 more. I sat in someone in between interviews

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had exceptional customer service   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Richardson, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Had a phone interview then an in person interview about a week later. Interviewed separately with two managers at their Richardson location. The interview process went well, my only gripe is that it took a 2 weeks longer than I anticipated to hear back. My recruiter was very helpful until I did a review of her then I've never heard from her since.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Plano, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and within the application you have to take an online assessment where it involves: a typing test, a role-play simulation, and a personality assessment. All in all, I think it took about 45 minutes. After that, maybe within 3-5 business days I got contacted back via email to have a phone interview/screening and to reply with viable times. They replied within 24 hours and I had a phone call scheduled for a few days later.
    I got a call at exactly the time scheduled, and was greeted by the recruiter. The first 10-15 minutes involved a thorough introduction about Liberty Mutual, what they stand for and a detailed explanation of what the position is all about. After that, I was asked about 5-8 questions. Some of the questions were typical like: why should we hire you, where do you see yourself in five years, tell me about yourself, etc.
    The recruiter was very pleasant and it was an enjoyable interview.
    She proceeded with moving me on to an on-site interview which was scheduled for about 3-5 business days after the phone screening.

I got to the building 30 minutes early and I checked in. Then at the exact time that I was scheduled, I was 'picked up' by a recruiter and taken upstairs to be interviewed.
    I went through 4 rounds of individuals, all one on one. (no group interview)
    The first 'round' was a meticulous explanation of Liberty Mutual, what they stand for, what the position is, the hours, the benefits, bonuses, etc. That took about 15 minutes.
    Second 'round' was the first interviewer, she came in with her laptop and she was extremely friendly and put my nerves at ease and spoke to me like a friend wanting to get to know me, She asked me a lot of situational questions like, "Tell me a time when..." and then we spoke about the position and she was really giving me a lot of helpful information about the position that I was applying for.
    Then came the third 'round' and that was another interviewer and she was just like the first person; super friendly, bubbly and easy-going. She played a recording of two sample calls and asked me all of behavioral questions like "What would you do different if at all, and why?"
    And lastly, the fourth 'round' was with the head of team supervisors and he did a debriefing of everything and asked some of typical questions too: Why should we hire you? Do you think that Liberty Mutual would be a good fit for you? etc.

The interview was really enjoyable, I felt challenged with the questions but in a good way and everyone was so nice and really wanted to see you succeed, or at least that's how they made me feel.
    And finally, 2 business days later, I get a call from the original recruiter offering me the job and I've accepted. I officially start in May.

Liberty Mutual seems to be a promising career and future, I'm excited to see what's in store for me.

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Irving, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Inside Property Claims - applied online and had to take an assessment (about 2hours).
    About a week later I was called to schedule a ph interview (sometimes they have a meet and greet instead of a phone interview). I was then scheduled for an onsite interview. When I arrived I was asked to sit with 2 adjusters about 15-20 minutes each to get a better understanding of the job. This actually really helped me during the interview bc I felt comfortable by the time I had to speak to the managers. I was then interviewed by 2 managers and then I was asked to interview with the Claims Lead. I was called 2 weeks later w/ the offer. Pay was great and non-negotiable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you have to provide a product or service to a customer and they changed their mind on what they needed.   Answer Question
    • What is a process that you came up with to make things more efficient.   Answer Question
    • time you had to explain a complex process to someone who knew little about the process   Answer Question
    • Most of the questions were easy to answer. Managers were really nice and it felt like a conversation more than an interview.   Answer Question

Injury Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted 3-4 days later to do a phone screening. I prepared for two hours and the person who was supposed to interview me had her assistant do it. The assistant didn't explain why the hiring manager wasn't conducting the interview nor even acknowledged the change. She seemed young due to the lack of energy, inexperienced, and apathetic. She asked me only 3 questions and said she would forward the answers to the hiring manager. She didn't really go over what the job entails nor talked about LM as a whole. Compared to State Farm's interview, this was 2/5 and SF was 5/5 due to the organization of the interviewer and respect given.