Liberty Mutual Insurance IT Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Liberty Mutual Insurance IT Analyst Interview Questions

2.4

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone call with recruiter to go over resume and goals. Later had a phone interview with two managers. Asked light technical questions, no coding. Very easy interview process. Seemed like they wanted to get to know you more than your technical ability. This is an entry level role, so that is understandable. Had another phone interview with a more senior manager after that. More of the same behavioral and light technical questions. They flew me out to the office to meet some people and get a feel for the area. Great and easy experience overall.

Interview Questions

Wasn't the right fit for me at the moment. Didn't feel like the compensation was high enough.

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

The process was simple. There was an initial interview with an HR recruiter where they asked the normal questions you would expect from a non-technical interview.

About one week later, I received a call for another interview. I interviewed with the team I would be going for, first with a team member, then the second half of the interview with the manager for the team. I was asked questions about my technical experience, but there were no technical case studies.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most rewarding project you've ever worked on.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

I had a screening interview with the HR rep and it was largely behavioral, as well as questions about my experience with various technologies. They weren't testing my skill as much as what my experience was in. The next interview was with the IT manager via Skype. She asked me about my resume and to describe my experience, as well as about a time I problem solved and time I worked with a group. She was super pleasant and nice!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to adjust your priorities to deal with an unexpected event?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (West Lafayette, IN) in February 2016.

Interview

I met up with a recruiter at a job fair held at my university. After talking for a little bit, we set up an interview for the following day. The interview was the basic questions, just getting a feel for my background and what I'm open to doing. Following that interview, I was set up with a phone interview, to talk with an higher up IT Manager. He asked the same questions, but also drilled down deeper into what I was familiar with, coding languages, etc. After that, was called with an offer.

Interview Questions

• In what environment, do you do your best work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Portsmouth, NH) in February 2016.

Interview

Two HR Screenings, interview with recruiter, then interview with managers, as well as background check. One of those HR screenings was a personality quiz. they are big making sure you fit into company culture. It was mostly, "What would you do in X situation?"

There was no tech interview, however we were asked to supply examples of tech work we had done, so make sure you know yourself.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with someone and didn't agree   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. It was a video interview that went on for 45 minutes. I used their video conferencing web app, which was pretty easy to use. The interviewer was nice and very professional

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Bloomington, IN) in November 2015.

Interview

Really easy going process. It was all over the computer so I never had to fly out there which I appreciated. I spoke directly with the people I will be working with which was nice. Most of the interviewers were at home so it showed me that they have a relatively relaxed culture.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite programming language? Why is it better than other ones.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2015.

Interview

Very nice recruiters. Very good software to conduct an online interview. They were very professional and made me feel very relaxed during the interview. They also are quick to follow up.

Better offer elsewhere

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

I saw their posting on my school's career website and submitted my application on their website. The total time from application submission to offer is about 5 weeks. Recruiter contacted me 2 weeks after my submission. I had 3 interviews in total (screening with HR, manager, current employees in department I'm potentially being hired into), and they were via video (MS Lync) and phone. All of the people I talked to were really nice, and I was able to ask them a lot of questions about the company as well as the position I'm applying for. They ask you about your experiences and skills, and they ask some general technical questions but no coding. You will be communicating with the recruiters through the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to go above and beyond the call of duty in order to get a job done.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when something unexpected happened and how you changed your plans to handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Very Laid back and asked questions about a whole multitude of things. I primarily got asked about databases and SQL, be prepared to answer questions about other things then what you are getting interviewed for, they want you to be rounded.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you have worked on   1 Answer