Liberty Mutual Insurance Inside Auto Claims Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Liberty Mutual Insurance Inside Auto Claims Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Marlton, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online, took the test, got called for an interview. Interviewed with two managers and got called for a second interview with the regional manager. Told me to wait 1-2 weeks for a response and now I wait.

Interview Questions

• Why Liberty Mutual? What was the most difficult situation you had and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Marlton, NJ).

Interview

App online, phone interview, in person interview so far. The interview was with two senior reps. The interview is behavioral based questions which requires STAR response answers. When complete, I was introduced to the senior manager. Still waiting for next steps

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflict with a team
      Member and how did you handle it?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Warrenville, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Took an onIine assessment test that takes about 45 - 60 mins. I then received an email for an "invite only" open house. I attended the open house. The first 30-45 minutes is a summary of the company. You get a general illustration of the claims process. They also tell you about the benefits. After that you go upstairs to the claim center. You get a quick overview of the daily process and observe. After that its back downstairs where you wait to be interviewed. The interview consisted of 3 individual management members. You interview one on one with all three. Mainly behavior questions you will need to answer. After the interview process is completed you get a sturdy handshake and told you will hear something in about a week.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you handle a difficult situation where you had to tell the customer bad news?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Hoffman Estates, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, was invited to complete assessment, then was contacted by a recruiter who set up a time for a phone interview in 2 days.

Phone interview was easy, was asked various behavioral questions, and said that she would contact me if a manager was interested in moving forward.

Exactly one week later, I was contacted and scheduled for a face to face interview. Interview was with 2 managers; one manager was nice, the other was pretty cold and didn't seem like she wanted to be there. They asked basic behaviorial questions and were interested in my previous claims experience. They were asking a lot about what my previous employer's claims processes, what softwares they used, and their metric system.

They had me shadow a claims representative to see what they do. They mentioned that for this position, you would have to obtain your license within a week or so of hire, and then will be sent to their training site in Boston. Hours are typically 1st shift, Monday-Friday.

I was told they would contact me soon regardless of if I was chosen or not. Never heard back from them and it's been three weeks... that's the only reason why I would say it was a negative experience because you should atleast give the courtesy of contacting candidates to let them know if you're moving forward with them or not.... especially if you specifically say you will be contacting candidates regardless.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you received negative feedback, what was the situation, how did you resolve it and what was the result.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Warrenville, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was roughly an hour and a half. Very professional. Two hiring managers asking not so typical interview questions which has caught me off guard. Many questions about how I handled problems in my previous job and how i helped to build business for my previous employer. I don't think one could be prepared for the questions they will throw at you. Not difficult or impossible to answer but also not the type of interview you can come into with answers ready for typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle former staff from takin advantage of the company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Marlton, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted to come into the office by the Claims Manager. I met with the Claims Manager and a recruiter. After going through the interview, they let you do a side by side with a current employee. I thought that overall everything went well but I was told I didn't get the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Marlton, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

Good interview - started with asking about your background and then proceeded with behaviorial type questions. The interview ending with them going over the job position and training, and then a q &a. Overall it took about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you did when you receive negative feedback from a peer or supervisor?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

The first step was to apply online which includes an assessment, the entire process takes roughly 1 hour. If you pass the online assessment you will be contacted for a phone screen which takes another 30-45 minutes. Upon successful completion of the screen you're invited to an on-site interview. This interview is rather long and actually consists of four separate interviews with different managers (they all ask the same exact questions, seems like the process could be more efficient) and a job shadow. All of this takes approx 3.5 hours. They interview in groups so you'll most likely have at least three more applicants with you. At the end they don't really say much and just walk you out without giving you any sort of time frame or even "goodbye" lol. I'm in financial sales and have a business background so thought I had a pretty good shot at the job...guess not. several weeks later I still haven't heard anything back yet, i'm not losing any sleep over it.

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Irving, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

There were 2 phone interview in two weeks, then a face-to-face interview with two mangers, in a one-on-one sessions. Both mangers pretty much asked the same questions, though i doubt they were supposed to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Portland, OR) in November 2015.

Interview

Meet the hiring manager in a job fair. The same day the recruiter contacted me to set up an interview. She sent me an email confirmation with time and date of interview. Afterwards I met up with two people who interviewed me. They both asked questions and interacted with me through out the interview. Positive and friendly people.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why liberty mutual? 2. Name a time you had a disagreement with a co-worker. 3. What is your ideal manager? 4. What drives you or motivates you to come into work everyday? 5. Name a time you had to complete a project in a short amount of time? 6. Name a time you had to convince someone of something?   Answer Question