Liberty Mutual Insurance Insurance Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Liberty Mutual Insurance Insurance Agent Interview Questions

Updated Jan 9, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Arlington, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

It was brief. About 5 people were interviewed separately and then we were all invited to the waiting area. The people that failed the first interview were not present at the waiting area. Then the manager at the branch gave us a presentation and a personality test to fill. They were to go through the test and contact us based on our results.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself? Why do you want to work here   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

It was a three step interview with an initial recruiter and then a manger. The third interview was with your potential branch manager at the office you would have been located in. Straight forward questions as well as a marketing task to see how you would advertise yourself.

Interview Questions

• What marketing strategy would you use if you were to be selected for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Plano, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

The job focused on handling characteristics of processing insurance requests such as endorsements to home and auto and umbrella policies, as well as sales, while using extensive knowledge base procedures with limited amount of time i.e. efficiency. Your previous insurance background experience and how you handled a complex situation, including time management, while multitasking!!

Interview Questions

• If there's one thing you could change about yourself or life today what would it be??   1 Answer

Negotiation

Everything was structured with a set rate for ability, experience and skill level.

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Three interviews. Phone screening, in person, and then presentation. Total time was about two weeks, but was worth it once complete for their training program. Interviewed with the recruiter, then local manager, and then regional manager.

Anonymous Employee in Midlothian, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Midlothian, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview process was fine, manager did a lot of talking. Had to meet with his manager, who asked good questions. The manager made it seem like the first year salary was awesome, that wasn't the case. The company offers really good benefits, which is why a lot of people stay.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about going out and getting business   1 Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

long process. Liberty Mutual has 2-3 interviews before they decide to choose someone. There is an online exam, cold calling, then a final interview with branch manager and area manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Atlanta, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

Group interview. Not very interesting. Want you to ride around all day to meet people at their homes. Gas is too high!! A lot of the times the leads are cold or "old." Someone has already contacted them. It's a complete waste! The market is too saturated!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton Park, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Clifton Park, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

A recruiter emailed me and established an over the phone interview. After the over the phone interview I was asked to attend an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• "I've had people who have worked in cell phones work for me before, they didn't work out so well". "No offense, but your generation seems to think that everyone is entitled to a job without doing any work beforehand."   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2014.

Interview

After a 90 minute online assessment, 1 phone interview 3 in person interviews, 1 job shadow and 1 call shadow that I performed very well on the Area Manager and Manager both wanted me to start as soon as possible. My background and experience were exactly what they needed and I also had the benefit of having recommendations from a current employee. This all seemed great until the background check. Long story short I was denied due a very common credit issue that occurred post relationship. Most companies will say that they don't make hiring decisions based solely on credit but Liberty Mutual does and they should make that very clear upfront due to the length of their process. Everything else checked out fine and my job history and experience are great. Consistent high performer and plenty of documentation to validate. Even the recruiter had to admit this policy is counter productive. I think they need to inform applicants at the beginning of the process as to not waste their time. In my opinion, credit checks are a form of discrimination and need to be done away with. On the surface they may make sense, but if you stop and think about it they are flawed. It's selling insurance and doesn't require a security clearance.

Interview Questions

• There were no extremely difficult questions just a lot of behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Uniondale, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Uniondale, NY).

Interview

5 Lessons
    Lesson 1 Application
    Lesson 2 Math and Skills Test
    Lesson 3 Short 5-10 min phone convo
    Lesson 4 Longer more in depth convo about salary what you will doing meeting and whether you will move on
    Lesson 5 1-1 convo about the company who usual BS