Liberty Mutual Insurance Insurance Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Liberty Mutual Insurance Insurance Sales Representative Interview Questions

3.4

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Plano, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Started off with the online assessment that puts you in a call center environment via computer. Fairly simple and gives you an idea of a fast paced job. After that I was called by a recruiter and she interviewed me over the phone for about 45 min. A couple days later I was called by my recruiter for an in person interview. I accepted the offer but this background check is taking forever!

Interview Questions

• What makes you interested in selling insurance?   Answer Question
  • Do you feel like you can handle diversity and negativity?   Answer Question
  • How have you changed a customers mind in the past to be interested in what you're selling them?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just be confident and honest. I am not going into this position with insurance experience and I made that clear. But I also made it clear that I am a hard worker and highly trainable.

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norton, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Norton, KS) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview process started with emails from a recruiter to schedule a time for another recruiter to call for the initial screening interview. I had the first phone interview this morning. She called about 15 minutes late from the time we had scheduled. She asked how I had heard about the job opening. She asked why I thought I would be a good fit for the position. She asked what licenses I currently hold. A lot of questions about my resume and current job position. I work for another insurance company so she asked a handful of questions related to what my job duties consist of and how my pay is structured. She asked why I was looking outside of my current company at job openings. She asked how many new accounts I typically brought in each month. Also asked in what ways do I prospect for leads. After telling her I also am licensed in Crop Insurance she asked in what ways we market new business for crop insurance and also commercial business.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you thought outside of the box, with a new radical idea, to come up with new ways to bring in new business.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Louisville, KY) in August 2016.

Interview

Did a phone interview. Face to face interview scheuduled. Put together marketing plan. Met with managers. Was told from the beginning that insurance sales experience was not a top priority, but obviously was.

Interview Questions

• Putting together marketing plan   1 Answer

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

3 Seperate interviews. One to meet you, go over resume, and if they like you they will ask you to go to a 2nd where you will get to speak again to the sales manager and than have you start cold calling a bit and learning about the job. 3rd interview is with the area manager and they may offer you a job at that point if they like you.

Interview Questions

• What would be your business/marketing plan?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much to negotiate besides a start date.

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Plano, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Process took 3+ weeks. Two phone interviews with the recruiter followed by the finally in-person interview with 2 hiring managers. Very tough interview, by far the toughest I have ever had. Lots of roll playing right off the bat. Pretty tough questions, no real feedback so at times it can be confusing if they're liking what you say or not. They're only typing down your answers to discuss later. The finally interview took about 1.5 hours. Expect to be challenged!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fantastic base plus commission & bonuses. They also have great benefits & pay substantially higher than most insurance companies pay their agents.

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Wilmington, DE) in February 2016.

Interview

You will first have to complete an on-line application and assessment. The assessment can be very tedious, so, it took me around 1 hour to complete. If you pass, an HR rep will call you and interview you over the phone. If you pass that interview, you will then interview with the hiring manager for the local office you applied for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Montgomery, AL) in January 2016.

Interview

Personal interview with a new area manager lasted 2 minutes, then was taken directly to a group "interview" (which ended up just being their regional director trying to sell you the job via powerpoint presentation for 2 hours) with about 20 people, and the rest of the process was just filling out questionnaires on paper. I guess they determined their "call back" for a second interview based off of the paperwork? Or maybe they call everyone.

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

1) Take an online assessment test that gauges your professionalism and customer service acumen
    2) Phone interview with Human Resources representative (mainly informational, logistics)
    3) In-person interview with manager (present business plan, situational questions)
    4) In-person interview with manager's boss (unable to answer because I have yet to be scheduled)

Interview Questions

• 1) Phone interview: mainly informational interview, training process, salary, etc
      2) In-person: many situational questions (ex. "Explain a time when you had to complete a task in a limited amount of time?"); prepare business plan   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Richmond, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

They had a phone interview for screening, the. They asked me to come in for a in person interview. All they wanted really was someone that already had resources to bring in new customers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had to deal with a rude costumer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Lake Mary, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Took very lengthy behavioral test (appox 1 hour). Completed phone screen interview. Received offer to interview on site the following week. 2 person panel interview. They played good cop bad cop. Also got to sit with agent for 30 minutes to shadow position which I could no doubt do based off my career experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you read? and if so: Who is a famous author/celebrity you respect and if you had the chance to meet this person, what would you ask them?   1 Answer
    • What assets would you bring to my team?   Answer Question