Liberty Mutual Insurance Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Liberty Mutual Insurance Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Katy, TX).

Interview

It took 2 weeks. It was multiple rounds and am a assessment. They look for the best talent to be apart of their team from management down to interns. It was not very hard and it was personal. I enjoyed the process

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2017.

Interview

phone interview, flew in for in-office interview, lasted approximately an hour. In-office interview is extensive: 3 interviews with workers and then a lunch/interview with younger workers, each about 45 minutes. You spend a fair amount of time with the competition, though there are not direct group interviews.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in December 2016.

Interview

I had 2 video interviews, the first with an HR representative and the second with two software managers. Both were mainly behavioral based, although the second interview had several questions relating to programming and team-based work. The first interview was a half hour long and the second an hour long. All in all a very easy process.

Interview Questions

• When learning a new programming language, how do you typically go about learning this process?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in November 2016.

Interview

First, there is about a two hour long process on their website that includes tests about data analysis and personality traits. Next a recruiter will contact you to set up a phone interview. This includes behavioral questions and will last about thirty minutes. The recruiter made it very easy. If the recruiter likes you then they will set up an in person interview at the location you plan on working. I was interviewed by three underwriting managers for about thirty minutes. Very straightforward and they were extremely nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Providence, RI) in October 2016.

Interview

On Campus Interview basically involved one 30 min interview full of mostly behavioral questions. The interviewer was mostly interested in my reasoning for applying to Liberty and why I would chose liberty over another company. Overall not a bad interview just know your details about liberty's goals and how they make money.

Interview Questions

• Why Liberty Mutual?
      Tell me about a time you faced adversity.

Anonymous Employee in Dover, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dover, NH).

Interview

Applied through a recruiter, had a phone interview then a meeting interview with recruiter then the department manager. They asked me a few questions, described the company and position. They gave me a quick tour of the office and then it was done.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself? What do you know about Insurance?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

This was a initial video screening interview. My interviewer was really nice and it was very much like a conversation. She just asked a little about my background (why I chose my college and my major) and then moved on to ask what skills I had. Then, she asked 3 behavioral questions. Didn't take long at all.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you explained a complicated problem to someone.
      Tell me about a time where something unexpected happened and you had to adjust to solve the situation.
      Tell me about a time where you had to bring a group of people together.

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Richardson, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, on-site interview with hiring manager, offer or no offer within two weeks. Interview is intentionally set up to be more of a conversation, so it is a very comfortable, pressure free environment. Be careful not to become too casual though.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about insurance industry?
      Why Liberty?
      Tell me about yourself.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in February 2016.

Interview

I was mainly asked personality based questions. Think about how you work on a team. The interview did not take very long. Keep calm and show passion when answering questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you brought people together to achieve a goal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

I met with two individuals separately for 45 minutes each. They asked several questions about my background and asked about future plans. They also reimbursed all expenses which was very economically helpful. They were very informative about the positions and also helped me gain an understanding of their company processes. The overall experience was very pleasant and nice throughout.

Interview Questions

• What is a challenge that you faced in your prior internship?   Answer Question