Liberty Mutual Insurance Claims Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Liberty Mutual Insurance Claims Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.9

370 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in August 2017.

Interview

Was emailed by a company recruiter after posting my resume on Indeed. Filled out the application online, had a phone appt. with the recruiter, and was invited to attend an open house with about four others, where I had a 1:1 "pre-screen" interview with a hiring manager. I was then invited back the next day for the actual interview, which took about 45 minutes and entailed meeting with and hearing about the job from a team leader, and then a 2:1 group interview (3:1, but the other person was simply observing as they were the other two's manager). They all stepped out afterwards to speak, then told me they'd be in contact within a few days if I had the job. I didn't think I got it since everything went by so quick, but I got a call two days later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you told a customer the wrong information. How did you fix it?   Answer Question

Claims Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dover, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dover, NH) in August 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by email on a Wednesday to have a phone interview the following day. That lasted about 30 mins. The recruiter was open to questions. Most of his questions were STAR style and a few behavioral. He then asked me my availablity for an in person interview. That was for the following Monday and lasted almost 2 hours. STAR questions again, kind of repetitive, a few behavioral. Sat with someone in that current role for about 15 mins. Then back into the office to discuss benefits & salary. Set a follow up email thanking them for their time a few hours later. On Wednesday morning was called and offered the job.

Auto Claim Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Lawrenceville, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online.. Email for phone interview (Friday) after the phone interview I was asked to come in for a face to face interview the following Friday... the Monday after I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Applied online via referral. Completed 3 part assessment. Received email for phone interview scheduling. Received confirm for phone interview time and date that was not what I scheduled for but accepted and planned around it anyway. Phone interview was with recruiter from FL. She offered in person interview for 5 days later. Interviewed with 2 managers separately. They asked mostly behavioral questions. Plan to answer about 10 of those total. Received a call with an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time you dealt with an unhappy customer?   1 Answer

Claims Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Plano, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Recieved call to schedule phone interview on Sunday 7/16
    Scheduled for Monday 7/17. In person interview and open house 7/18
    Recieved offer on 7/19
    Start Date September 11
    The process moved extremly fast. I am assuming due to the new facility opening in Plano.

Interview Questions

• Don't remember all but only 5 basic questions
      Why should we Hire you?
      Why Liberty Mutual?
      Name a time you had to explain something confusing to another person (or something like that).   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Orlando, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

I was referred to Liberty by an employee that's a friend of mine. Applied, got an email about a week or so later about a phone screening, very nice HR person, asked a couple questions (mostly behavioral) asked me about myself and why I would be great for the position, on the phone set up a one on one interview that was actually a group interview. Interview was set up for a week later, went in they talked about the company, had a one on one with a manager, did a job shadow and then did another one on one with another manager. Was told I would hear something in about a week. Only been a couple days so waiting to hear something. Fingers crossed!! Would really love to work here.

Compensation Claims Technician, Commercial Insurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Roseland, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

I started out doing the online application which took roughly an hour to complete. It is mostly basic math questions, behavior questions, and some grammar questions.

I was contacted by the recruiter and was approved for an in person interview with two of the managers. It took about 4 business days to have an appointment scheduled. Once I received all the information I came in. On the email description of what had to be done, it was only for two managers. I ended up speaking with 8 different employees ranging from Senior Claims Reps, hiring managers, the medical team and so on. I also did a short 15-minute job shadow with a customer service rep to get me acquainted with their system.

I completed the interview and I am told I should hear back within a couple weeks (however, the Regional manager stated to not hold her to it as it could be shorter, could be longer). They were upfront stating that they are interviewing other candidates as well.

Be also sure that you are ready and remember your resume, they will have you guide them through it when searching for information and thinking of possible questions.

Auto Claim Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Marlton, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and took the assessment test which involved math, English, and typing skills. Then a simulation of what it would be like to handle claims calls took about 20 minutes to complete.

2 weeks later I had a phone interview with the recruiter who gave me an overview of the company and the position. She then asked me a few STAR format questions and said that she would keep me updated with the status of my application.

I was emailed 1 week later to schedule an in-person interview. My interview was with 2 managers who were both very easy to talk to and they made the interview process as smooth as possible. They gave me an overview of the job duties, company goals, training opportunities and asked some STAR format questions.
    I was offered the job 1 week later.

The process from application to offer took over a month, but it was definitely worth it. I am eagerly awaiting my start date.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to explain something technical to someone and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were given constructive criticism and how you handled it?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Liberty Mutual?   Answer Question

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Rocklin, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Several behavioral questions, some questions had 3 portions. Be ready to ask for those questions to be repeated because you don't want to leave any information out. Then they had me job shadow another employee.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a difficult situation with a customer and how you remedied the situation.   Answer Question

Insurance Claims Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Lake Mary, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

Group introducción, individual interview, followed By someone time to Shadow someone, the another behavioral interview. Vey good r view of the job and Liberty mutual work life. Good review of the benefits and time frame if background check and employment. Very good training.