Liberty Mutual Insurance Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 8, 2017

3.2

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Plano, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and took online quiz for personality and then did a virtual call center training course. Not difficult, it makes you take 2 calls as if you were a rep working at the center. 3 days later was called by a recruiter who first gave me an overview of the position then asked my experience, followed by some "what if/what would you do/how would you handle?" type questions. Example:

You've got a customer who has a policy with farmers that is less expensive than Liberty Mutual, why should they choose Liberty? What would you say to convince them?

We talked for about 30 minutes and she told me what type of person they want for the job and what type of mentality it requires to get the position. Then told me that my answers were being sent to the hiring team and I would hear back from her in a few days: Good or Bad.

3 days later I received a phone call from my recruiter congratulating me for being chosen to move on to the in-person interviews and, shortly after, an email came with the time and to bring multiple copies of my resume and dress professionally. My recruiter again went over the position and expectations with me while I had her on the phone, and gave me examples of what kind of questions to expect from the hiring team.

The day of my interview my recruiter met me in the lobby to again go over the position and what the expectations are and we did a practice set of questions. She wished me luck and soon after a manager came and greeted me and took me to an office where with another manager. Both had laptops and introduced themselves before asking me to introduce myself and go over my qualifications starting with my most recent job. Then they told me they would move on to some situation questions to see how I'd handle objections, watch a brief video, and then answer some "tell me about a time when" questions.

The managers really wanted to make sure I was the right mentality for the job, said it paid very well and money is to be made but it wasn't easy and I would have to be able to handle the "grind" and be able to handle rejection. They wanted me to know exactly what the expectations were and gave me a good idea what obstacles I was going to face, and they asked me what would I require from them, if offered the position, to better prepare me to take on these obstacles.

Afterwards they asked about my schedule and had me a sign a form saying when I was available and on what class days I could attend. They told me my recruiter would follow-up with me within 3-5 days regarding their decision, and one manager took me on a quick tour of the office and we parted ways.

1 hour later my recruiter contacted me and asked me how it went, and how I felt about the position. I told her I was nervous but I feel I am the man for the job and that I hope I did enough to earn the opportunity. She said I did and congratulated me with an offer of employment.

Now doing the background check. It's a very thorough investigation through a 3rd party company. Said it could take up to 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you had to change a customers mind for the better? And how did you do it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me of time where you had to deal with a difficult co-worker? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked me how much money I wanted to make and how much I was making at my last job. Salary is set amount with additional commission and bonuses.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The process is extremely difficult. You first take an online assessment, then do a simulation on day-to-day activities..which is also a to see how you approach things. Then there's a phone interview. If you make it past that, you meet with the branch manager. The branch manager told me I'll need to put together a marketing plan and come back to present it. That interview was hard because the manager dissected my resume vs asking typical behavior questions. Prepare to sell yourself and your past work history, HARD. Also, have plenty of questions to ask the manager after the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Hoffman Estates, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Went through phone interview and in person interview. Told me the Regional Manager would be calling me to set up one last interview and never heard from them. Tried calling and emailing. Still nothing. Seems a little unprofessional to me. At least have the courtesy of calling back.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions plus questions based on sales experience.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process came in to stages. A phone interview was the first stage. relatively casual conversation with a recruiter, to go over job description and ask a few situational questions. After the phone interview they ask for a in person interview. This in person interview last about 1 hour. Mostly "getting to know your personaility and job history. Then a series of situation questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you tried to make a sale, but the customer said no. What did you say or do?   1 Answer

Experienced Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in September 2016.

Interview

The person that conducted the phone interview was lovely. Very good communication on scheduling the face to face with Oliver. My experience with Oliver was a different story. He did not take me seriously eventhough I had a great track record of success in sales. I did not feel a good vibe from Oliver from the start. One thing was when I left the interview I did not want to work for an ignorant individual like Oliver.

Oliver also said I would hear something by Monday and today is Tuesday and I have heard nothing. Very unprofessional not to follow up with someone.

Interview Questions

• Why did you not make 100k at Anytime Fitness?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Ontario, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and took an assessment test that was sent to my email within the hour. It takes about an hour to take the test. If you pass, you are sent another email stating you will be contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. I was emailed within 2 days and the recruiter set up a phone interview over emails. The phone interview was basic and just went over my resume and a couple of behavioral questions from my past positions. She told me that if the branch manager wanted to move forward, I would be scheduled a face to face interview. I did receive a face to face interview the following week and I was offered a second interview immediately after my initial face to face. My second interview was with the branch manager and the area manager. I was offered the job the same day.

Interview Questions

• What did you do when you had no success in an area of your last job and how did you overcome the obstacles?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

I was submitted as a referral. I got an email for a phone interview. 30 Minute phone interview. The woman who screened me was pretty clipped and seemed like she would be rather doing anything else.

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norton, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Norton, KS) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview process started with emails from a recruiter to schedule a time for another recruiter to call for the initial screening interview. I had the first phone interview this morning. She called about 15 minutes late from the time we had scheduled. She asked how I had heard about the job opening. She asked why I thought I would be a good fit for the position. She asked what licenses I currently hold. A lot of questions about my resume and current job position. I work for another insurance company so she asked a handful of questions related to what my job duties consist of and how my pay is structured. She asked why I was looking outside of my current company at job openings. She asked how many new accounts I typically brought in each month. Also asked in what ways do I prospect for leads. After telling her I also am licensed in Crop Insurance she asked in what ways we market new business for crop insurance and also commercial business.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you thought outside of the box, with a new radical idea, to come up with new ways to bring in new business.   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Louisville, KY) in August 2016.

Interview

Did a phone interview. Face to face interview scheuduled. Put together marketing plan. Met with managers. Was told from the beginning that insurance sales experience was not a top priority, but obviously was.

Interview Questions

• Putting together marketing plan   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

Intense online application with role playing exercise followed by phone and in person interview. Overall impression is this is a high turnover role. Not a bad base salary offered initially then significantly stepped down after the first year.