Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017
1,459 Interview Reviews

2.9

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2017.

Interview

company uses behaviorally based interview questions. Two interviewers taking turns to ask these types of questions. The interviewers provide a brief background of their roles at the company. This was an over the phone interview. About 45 minutes in length. Not much discussion about what happens during the class. Unable to answer my question as to the pay grade for those completing the program because no one has yet completed the combined 3 month class time and 9 months of on the job training in order to be slotted into a target pay grade.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a stressful situation at work? Why are you interested in this position? What is your current position?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Springfield, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Watched video of company, had two 1:1 interviews, one with supervisor and another with hiring manager. 1:1 job observation with co-worker to learn about position and ask questions. Job process was rigged ,very selective with over 50 applicants and the position pays only $11.00 an hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed and how you overcame it?
      Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a customer and how did you solve it?
      Tell me about your career, your background and where you plan to go in five-years?
      Do you have an experience in working in a call center?
      1 Answer

Experienced Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The process is extremely difficult. You first take an online assessment, then do a simulation on day-to-day activities..which is also a to see how you approach things. Then there's a phone interview. If you make it past that, you meet with the branch manager. The branch manager told me I'll need to put together a marketing plan and come back to present it. That interview was hard because the manager dissected my resume vs asking typical behavior questions. Prepare to sell yourself and your past work history, HARD. Also, have plenty of questions to ask the manager after the interview.

Senior CopyWriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process did not have human involvement. The company uses an extremely rigid seven-step screening software that might be worthwhile for some positions but not for creative people. It was unable to process how writers and designers add to a company's success.

Interview Questions

• They never asked anything except my work/citizen status   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Plano, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

What I didn't like about the second over the phone panel interview was that I was asked about the jobs that least made me qualify for the position and it was very rushed.And I could tell that I was prematurely being misjudged and disqualified.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you were the reason something went wrong for customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Gold Agent Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

NO chance of hire due to being a CRC rep. You go in ready to explain all the things you did for the entire year for your department, but get an interview if you can call it that, that last 1 minute and you know that he had no intention of hiring you, know matter if you had been recommended by your supervisor!

Interview Questions

• It was more statements of discontent than an interview that gave me any chance of spotlighting my experience.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Plano, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a call back to schedule a phone interview in 3 days. A week later I had a phone interview with the recruiter. I was then scheduled an in person interview. Interviewed with 2 managers in the sales department. From the 1st question they seemed very cold and uninterested in what I was saying. I was asked what other companies I applied with, and why hadn't I applied at more companies. I was a very difficult interview. The process was very intense- as I'm sure sales is.

Interview Questions

• What qualities does a successful sales representative have?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dallas, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process included three separate meetings with different levels of management. It was a long waiting period after my application was submitted. I first had a phone screening, then met 1:1 with the person I would be working with if hired, then interviewed with the one who would be my manager and his assistant, and finally met with the district manager.

Interview Questions

• The asked to describe my responsibilities and experience in my most recent role.   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Lancaster, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

Exhaustive! There are several steps that you will have to go through, beginning with a phone interview, and then two more in person interviews. If you are looking to land a job quickly, this is not for you. If you have time, and are willing to go through several hoops, this could be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Share with us some of the scenario's you had dealing with customer dissatisfaction.   1 Answer

Customer Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in September 2014.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview and set the appointment. At the agreed upon time, I got a call and she asked to reschedule because she had "planned her day poorly" and I agreed. The actual phone interview went well and I was told that I would be contacted in about a month to do an in person interview as the next training class was a few months away. I was never contacted and reached out to them after I got an email to complete a survey about the interview process. I was told I had to apply all over again as they closed that specific opening and opened a new one for the same thing. So I sent my info in again and then got an in person interview.
    The in person interview I went on was cumbersome in more ways than one. I was told specifically to arrive at least 15 minutes early to allow for some filling out of paperwork. I arrived 20 minutes early and the interviewer came to get me 5 minutes past my scheduled interview time. We went upstairs and he had me sit with someone to listen to calls. The person they sat me with was incredibly rude and standoffish, not only with me but the supervisor that walked me over there. The supervisor had said "Hey how was your weekend?" The the rep and the rep said " SHORT". The supervisor introduced me to him and he shook my hand like a wet fish. I asked him how he liked working there and he glared at me and didn't answer me. He proceeded to not say ONE WORD to me the entire time I was there, which was about 30 minutes. I had a few questions I wanted to ask him, but felt so uncomfortable and unwelcome that I kept my mouth shut. I realize that he was just doing his job, but this was NOT a good first impression to a potential employee.
    After that the supervisor came to get me and we went back downstairs for the actual interview. It was the standard behavioral based questions..."tell about a time when you helped a team mate and what was the result" type thing. Being genuinely interested in the company and excited for the opportunity, I had written down a few questions to ask after the interview, most of which were met with "I don't know."
    Then we went back upstairs so I could do some testing. I was asked if I needed to go to the bathroom, which was welcomed because I had been there for well over 2 hours already. It was kind of awkward however, to have both male interviewers wait outside the bathroom for me to finish ( I am female), but maybe that's just me. I was then led to the corner of the office to an empty desk around the corner. I was asked to write an impromptu paragraph, in paragraph form, on anything that I wanted to write about. When I asked if there was anything in particular they would like me to write about, they said "nope, surprise" and let me write while they watched. Again, awkward.
    Then I had to go through all the testing. This was about an hour and a half more. I was told that someone would be back to check on me and to escort me out when I was done. No one came to check on me. After I finished, NOT ONE PERSON was around to escort me out. I stood up so that they would know I was done, and looked around from where I was for someone that I had been introduced to. Not having a security access badge or the slightest clue where I was in relation to any one of authority, I stood there for 20 more minutes until someone finally came over and said "oh I'm glad I looked over there, you are finally done? Those tests suck huh? I'm sure you did fine. I'll walk you out"
    When I left the interview, the excitement I had for the opportunity was completely gone and I wondered if I would accept an offer if one was made based on how uncomfortable and rude the experience was. I felt like I was a burden to everyone I came into contact with that day. I would say that you should avoid walking the potential employee all around the building for different sections of the interview and explain what the purpose of that paragraph writing was all about. Were you looking to see if had enough brains in my head to properly compose a structured paragraph or looking to see what subject matter I was going to be writing about while you watched? Also if you say you will come back to check on me while I am completing a test. DO IT. If you have a potential employee in the office, make sure you know when they are ready to be escorted out and don't just leave them there at the desk standing there like a moron.
    About 3 weeks later I got the auto generated "We regret to inform you that we have filled this position and and this time we have moved forward with another candidate" email, and was semi-relieved to be honest.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected thing was to have to write a structured paragraph on the fly and not being told why or what the subject matter should be, and then being watched while you write it.   Answer Question