Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,370 Interview Reviews

2.9

Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a very thorough, case-based interview process. First by phone, then in person. They interviewed me all day in Boston. It was unusual to give someone with 20 years' experience so many cases, but they are nothing if not consistent!

Interview Questions

• They asked me to size various markets. They want people who are very numerate, and can think on their feet.   1 Answer

Claims Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Plano, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview is your standard interview questions, situational questions. Then I got invited to do face to face. I was interviewed by two managers back to back. They asked the same questions as the recruiter, wanted to know more about me, and were very nice. After the interview I got a call the next day saying I got the job if I passed drug test and credit check. I passed them both. I'm not sure why they did credit check

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2017.

Interview

phone interview, flew in for in-office interview, lasted approximately an hour. In-office interview is extensive: 3 interviews with workers and then a lunch/interview with younger workers, each about 45 minutes. You spend a fair amount of time with the competition, though there are not direct group interviews.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process itself was very swift and organized, yet I was extremely surprised with the results. I was very confident that I did well with each interview step, especially my in person sessions- really connected with each interviewer- however they ended up not picking me for the position because of my lack of analytics experience which was not even mentioned in the job description and responsibilities as a requirement. I was extremely surprised why I was even considered for this position in the first place, as you could clearly tell my lack of analytics experience by looking at my resume. I've applied to multiple positions within Liberty and never seem to impress them enough to be part of their team.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions: Tell me about a time when you...   1 Answer

Senior ETL Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dover, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dover, NH) in September 2016.

Interview

There will be two rounds. One round of interview is phone screening. Second round of interview in Skype. Each interview is 30 minutes long. Each interview covered all the questions related to technology.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Lawrenceville, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was extensive. Online application, phone interview, panel interview with 3 managers, 2nd panel interview with 2 managers. Some managers were easy to talk with and made the interview process easier. Some managers were very particular with their questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked basic interview questions such as prior work experiences, situational questions, customer services scenarios, how I would react with a particular situation   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

This is a summer intern. I applied in early January and received first interview in early Feb. The first round is HR phone interview. All questions are behavior question and it lasts about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Give an example when you help others in a course project.   Answer Question

Claims Career Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview that consisted of going over my resume and asking behavioral questions. Followed up several weeks late with an in person interview and job shadow. In person interview explained more about the job, and 7 or so more behavioral questions. All in all the process was rather disorganized, I wasn't informed when I said I would be following both the phone interview and the in person interview, but the people were all friendly, and seemed happy with their jobs.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to handle a dissatisfied customer?

Tell me about a time you had difficulty working in a group, what was wrong and how did you handle it?
      Answer Question

Data Science Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2016.

Interview

There are three interviews. An behavioral phone interview, a phone technical interview with very detailed technical questions and a final onsite interview.
    You really need to be prepared for technical interview, questions are very specific on processes and definitions. And they will ask a lot about your projects.
    They will ask you to chose your most familiar field for technical questions such as data mining, big data, machine learning, time series analysis and so on...

Interview Questions

• How to test correlations? How to diagnose a time series modeling?   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Wilmington, DE) in February 2016.

Interview

You will first have to complete an on-line application and assessment. The assessment can be very tedious, so, it took me around 1 hour to complete. If you pass, an HR rep will call you and interview you over the phone. If you pass that interview, you will then interview with the hiring manager for the local office you applied for.