Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,505 Interview Reviews

2.9

Experienced Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

Contacted via recruiter via Indeed, email exchanges, brief phone interview with recruiter about job experience and explanation with one STAR question, in-person 2 panel interview. ...Liberty Mutual may want to reconsider who they choose to be their recruiters/hiring staff. I have 2 uni degrees, am multi-product licensed, and have 5 years of sales experience in a top AZ insurance office bringing in high sales and renewals last year, and yet I was still not chosen. What's more the two interviewing me seemed to take the interview as more of a joke. Multiple times I saw them scribble down things and show one another laughing to themselves while I was completing an assessment, probably thinking I wouldn't catch them. It made me very uncomfortable. They also were ill prepared and did not have their mission statement, start date of training,or job description and could not answer my questions about the job. They didn't know anything about me despite my original recruiter advising she emailed them my resume etc. and I had to go over my resume multiple times answering the same questions multiple times. Were they even listening? I was told I was the only one interviewing that day and still had to wait 20 extra minutes in the lobby. I will not pursue another's position here in the future. (My original recruiter handed me over to one of the girls who interviewed me to go on vacation so I believe I may have held a better chance with her. ) Disappointed in this company.

Interview Questions

• How many policies did you sell in your last position? Why should we hire you? Tell me about a time...   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Rocklin, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Met a recruiter at my college, applied online. There is an online test portion with little to no instructions in some parts, took about an hour.
    Then I received a phone interview.
    After the phone interview, went to an in-person interview. Was interviewed by two people separately, then was able to sit with a claims representative for about half an hour who showed me what their job involved.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember the exact wording, but it was basically asking how I had handled a work conflict in the past.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dallas, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Very Difficult interview. There was a personality assessment along with word problems with simple math. I did not get a email for another interview after that. Definitely looking for people who already have sales experience it seemed which I did not have. I was just a recent college graduate.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

In depth technical questions by the PM for an hour followed by the Director about my background and skills. The last one was with the manager with behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself (with 3 adjectives)
      What would your employer say about you if I called (3 more adjectives)
      Elaborate on one of your strengths   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

I was very surprised on how unprofessional the manager of the office was. I found it difficult to get a word in because she did all talking and not about the position.

Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very open and welcoming, one phone interview and one in-person. The recruiter gave me time to answer the questions to the best of my ability each time. I never felt rushed or under pressure- rather, I simply felt like they were testing to see if i was a good fit

Interview Questions

• "what is one challenge you've faced in the workplace, and how did you solve it?"   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dover, NH) in January 2017.

Interview

corporate America type interview. panel discussion. met with hiring managers, fellow sales reps, human resources, project lead. phone interview and then two separate in person interviews all within short period of time

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

The Interview was very pleasant and upbeat. I did not feel pressured. The interviewer was very easy to talk to. The questions were straight forward and her tone was very welcoming.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

Got a phone interview a week after applying. Very nice person on the phone and the questions are very basic. Generally went over my resume and talk about what experience I have. Then received an on site interview with a manager. Went over my resume and was asked some behavior questions. Overall the experience was very good.

Interview Questions

• Can you talk about how you used data analysis skill to solve a problem or make a suggestion   Answer Question

Short Term Disability Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dover, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dover, NH) in July 2017.

Interview

I submitted my application online and received an email one week later asking if I could set up a phone interview. The phone interview was scheduled the next morning at 9am so very little time to prepare. The phone interview lasted about 20-25 minutes. The questions were not very difficult they were basically questions to get to know you and they asked questions like give me a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer etc. After the phone interview I heard back 7 days later asking me to set up an in person interview. The in person interview was scheduled 2 weeks in advance so there was plenty of time to review. The in person interview lasted about an hour and a half to two hours. You go in and you meet with two managers one will scribe the interview and the other will ask the questions all of the questions are STAR questions. After about an hour of that you will be put with someone to observe you may take notes but try to retain as much information as you can because in 15 minutes you will be pulled back in with the two managers and they will ask you what you observed. After meeting with two managers I was brought into a room to meet the M2 which is the manager above the two who just interviewed. That goes on for about 15 minutes then you will meet with the two original managers to get your questions answered and talk more about the company. After the in person interview about a week later I received a call saying I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to collect/analyze/organize sets of data, how did you do it and what was the outcome?   1 Answer