Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,486 Interview Reviews

2.9

Compensation Claims Technician, Commercial Insurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Roseland, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

I started out doing the online application which took roughly an hour to complete. It is mostly basic math questions, behavior questions, and some grammar questions.

I was contacted by the recruiter and was approved for an in person interview with two of the managers. It took about 4 business days to have an appointment scheduled. Once I received all the information I came in. On the email description of what had to be done, it was only for two managers. I ended up speaking with 8 different employees ranging from Senior Claims Reps, hiring managers, the medical team and so on. I also did a short 15-minute job shadow with a customer service rep to get me acquainted with their system.

I completed the interview and I am told I should hear back within a couple weeks (however, the Regional manager stated to not hold her to it as it could be shorter, could be longer). They were upfront stating that they are interviewing other candidates as well.

Be also sure that you are ready and remember your resume, they will have you guide them through it when searching for information and thinking of possible questions.

Auto Claim Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Marlton, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and took the assessment test which involved math, English, and typing skills. Then a simulation of what it would be like to handle claims calls took about 20 minutes to complete.

2 weeks later I had a phone interview with the recruiter who gave me an overview of the company and the position. She then asked me a few STAR format questions and said that she would keep me updated with the status of my application.

I was emailed 1 week later to schedule an in-person interview. My interview was with 2 managers who were both very easy to talk to and they made the interview process as smooth as possible. They gave me an overview of the job duties, company goals, training opportunities and asked some STAR format questions.
    I was offered the job 1 week later.

The process from application to offer took over a month, but it was definitely worth it. I am eagerly awaiting my start date.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to explain something technical to someone and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were given constructive criticism and how you handled it?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Liberty Mutual?   Answer Question

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Rocklin, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Several behavioral questions, some questions had 3 portions. Be ready to ask for those questions to be repeated because you don't want to leave any information out. Then they had me job shadow another employee.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a difficult situation with a customer and how you remedied the situation.   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in July 2017.

Interview

I first received an e-mail from a recruiter to set up a 1-hour long phone screening the following week. I then had the phone screening with my recruiter where she asked me about my customer service experience, and my sales experience. She briefed me on Liberty mutual's benefits and the training process. Before the call ended, she scheduled an in-person interview for me to meet with two of the hiring managers. I met with them in a conference room, and they asked me STAR behavioral interview questions. The in-person interview lasted around an hour.

I received an offer the very next morning, and I accepted it within three days. I start in a month, however it is worth the wait for such a great company.

Insurance Claims Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Lake Mary, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

Group introducción, individual interview, followed By someone time to Shadow someone, the another behavioral interview. Vey good r view of the job and Liberty mutual work life. Good review of the benefits and time frame if background check and employment. Very good training.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Applied online. Week later received email about a invite only open house. 10 people were there. We were first brought into a room and briefly told about the company. Then called for individual interviews. First interview was with two hiring managers simple STAR questions. Then sat in with current employee and watched her work for 15 minutes. Then had second interview with two different hiring managers. After that was escorted out of building. In total was there for about an hour and a half. Both interviews were easy going and simple STAR questions. The next day I emailed the hiring manager thanking him for his time blah blah. And was offered the job later that evening.

IT Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, NH

Interview

Great interview process. Interviewers were friendly. All interviews were Skype interviews, I never went on campus. Questions were straight forward. Lots of behavioral questions. A few questions about my background in technology. About half of the interview was us talking about my technical experience although there were not any technical based questions. Nothing saying "set up this database" but some questions about my past experience with stats based

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

I was an internal candidate and received a call back about my resume submission within one week of applying. I conducted 2 phone interviews as well as 2 in person interviews and the communication back and forth was polite and timely.

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Very professional process with plenty of communication between the recruiter and I. Very enjoyable experience. The phone interview was structured well compared to other phone interviews I have had. The in person interview was tricky but the interviewers knew how to make the conversation flow.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Plano, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online then six days later I received a phone call to do an on the spot phone interview. I was moved forward to a face to face interview the following day.

The interview process was long and separated into 4 phases. Phase one a description of the job and benefits by a supervisor. Phase two 2:1 interview with managers asking mostly behaviour questions using the STAR method and a scenario sheet. Phase three was a video on the company and the job. Phase four was a 1:1 interview with a manager.

Phase two was pretty hard. Both managers were taking turns asking questions that needed to be answered in a specific format. If you are familiar with the star method you must give a Scenario, explain the Task, describe the Action you took, then last what were the Results. Phase four was great. The manager spoke to me like a friend we laughed and talked. She asked more behavioral questions and gave me a scenario sheet. She also asked me about my job history. We ended the interview with any questions I had for her or the company. The next day I received a call early in the morning that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had conflict on the job and how it was resolved?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time there was conflict with an employee and how you resolved it?   Answer Question