Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017
1,428 Interview Reviews

2.9

Field Property Adjuster Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

I completed an application online and took an assessment test which measured general competencies and the ability to multi-task. I was then scheduled for a phone interview with a recruiter. The recruiter was very brief and seemed some what rushed. She asked very general questions about my resume. I was then scheduled for a Skype interview with my prospective manager. He asked no STAR questions and was very informal. We did not discuss my resume, but discussed the position a bit. The interview took less than 20 minutes. I actually have a lot of experience in the industry and am a pretty well qualified candidate. The hiring manager did not seem interested at all. I am not new to the hiring process at all and do not just expect to get a job because my resume looks good. I do however expect to be taken seriously as a candidate. I had to take time off for each interview and spent a good amount of time preparing for the interview. I've seen the same position posted and reposted with a hiring bonus. Do not waste your time.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Katy, TX).

Interview

It took 2 weeks. It was multiple rounds and am a assessment. They look for the best talent to be apart of their team from management down to interns. It was not very hard and it was personal. I enjoyed the process

Interview Questions

Interview

Apply through your supervisor and be selected for an interview. Interview is with team managers and site supervisor. Last around 20-30 minutes. Come prepared specific examples and questions to ask the interviewers. Took a little over a week to be offered the position. (Manage took me into a room during my shift to let me know) Use "I" and never "We". Talk about things that are recent (not things you've done years ago). Use SPECIFIC examples.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you improved a process and what were the results.   1 Answer
    • Tell us a time you've provided coaching (negative or positive) and what were the results.   1 Answer

Audit Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Four interview and a case study. the case study was on security and change management. The questions were on It audit controls and behavourial questions followed by lunch the process was very good and interviewers were very friendly

Counsel Interview

Interview

The people I interviewed with were very responsive. It seems like a friendly community. The team was flexible to meet my schedule, and they were really good about communicating with me.

Interview Questions

• How would you work with the business department and how do you see your role?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Plano, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and within the application you have to take an online assessment where it involves: a typing test, a role-play simulation, and a personality assessment. All in all, I think it took about 45 minutes. After that, maybe within 3-5 business days I got contacted back via email to have a phone interview/screening and to reply with viable times. They replied within 24 hours and I had a phone call scheduled for a few days later.
    I got a call at exactly the time scheduled, and was greeted by the recruiter. The first 10-15 minutes involved a thorough introduction about Liberty Mutual, what they stand for and a detailed explanation of what the position is all about. After that, I was asked about 5-8 questions. Some of the questions were typical like: why should we hire you, where do you see yourself in five years, tell me about yourself, etc.
    The recruiter was very pleasant and it was an enjoyable interview.
    She proceeded with moving me on to an on-site interview which was scheduled for about 3-5 business days after the phone screening.

I got to the building 30 minutes early and I checked in. Then at the exact time that I was scheduled, I was 'picked up' by a recruiter and taken upstairs to be interviewed.
    I went through 4 rounds of individuals, all one on one. (no group interview)
    The first 'round' was a meticulous explanation of Liberty Mutual, what they stand for, what the position is, the hours, the benefits, bonuses, etc. That took about 15 minutes.
    Second 'round' was the first interviewer, she came in with her laptop and she was extremely friendly and put my nerves at ease and spoke to me like a friend wanting to get to know me, She asked me a lot of situational questions like, "Tell me a time when..." and then we spoke about the position and she was really giving me a lot of helpful information about the position that I was applying for.
    Then came the third 'round' and that was another interviewer and she was just like the first person; super friendly, bubbly and easy-going. She played a recording of two sample calls and asked me all of behavioral questions like "What would you do different if at all, and why?"
    And lastly, the fourth 'round' was with the head of team supervisors and he did a debriefing of everything and asked some of typical questions too: Why should we hire you? Do you think that Liberty Mutual would be a good fit for you? etc.

The interview was really enjoyable, I felt challenged with the questions but in a good way and everyone was so nice and really wanted to see you succeed, or at least that's how they made me feel.
    And finally, 2 business days later, I get a call from the original recruiter offering me the job and I've accepted. I officially start in May.

Liberty Mutual seems to be a promising career and future, I'm excited to see what's in store for me.

Human Resources Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Overall a positive experience! Everyone was really helpful and totally knew that everyone was going to be nervous. But they really made the company welcoming! The only problem I had with them, was that they took a long time to get back to me after each interview. After the first one, I didn't hear back about anything for 3 months. I thought I had lost it. On the second one, they took a month when they said 2 weeks. Overall amazing company and would recommend ever HR student to apply!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when....... and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Disability Claims Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA).

Interview

Fairly easy interview process, first phone interview with recruiter then a interview with two in person interviewers mostly behavioral questions then i sat in with a disability case manager that worked there and they gave me the low down on the job and how to do it and then the interview with hire up manager

ADP Interview

Interview

Standard process, HR screen then office visit in Seattle with group. Consisted of 3 interviews, job shadow and case study. Study for case interview!!! Heard back a couple weeks later but had to reach out to get an answer

Insurance Field Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

They emailed to set up an interview. After asking when would be convenient, they set it for a different time than the ones I had offered. The interview was friendly and informal.

Interview Questions

• Recount a time when you had to explain a complex concept to someone face to face?   1 Answer