Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,568 Interview Reviews

2.9

Tech Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Fairfield, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

It was shorter than I expected it seemed like they lost interest when I explained how work was competitive at my former job in a good way. But I wasn’t offer the job because the position was no longer available because I couldn’t get in touch with the recruiter do to a email spelling error on their part

Interview Questions

• They asked about my background   1 Answer

Analyst Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Seattle, WA) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting, then followed by a 30 min behavioral interview and a super day (full-day interview) at the job site (Seattle). Overall it was a good learning experience, especially the job shadow part at the super day. However the chance to get an offer is smaller if you apply at the second batch, since I think they already decided who are going to be picked after the first batch.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you worked with a person you disagree with, or have a conflict with   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had a supervisor that you are dissatisfied with? Elaborate.   Answer Question

FIP Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone interview. I had applied a while before I was emailed about a phone screening. The phone call consisted of mainly behavioral questions. I was emailed later that day to schedule an in on interview.
    On interview day, you'll be with about 10-15 other candidates. You begin the day with a presentation about the company. Next, you head into two separate interviews where they'll ask you mostly behavioral questions, and a couple basic technical ones. Lastly, you head into your case interview. You don't need to necessarily have all the correct answers on the case, just give them enough for them to see how your thought process is for all the answers. It's nothing too difficult, you'll be able to manage by drawing on what you've learned in your basic accounting and finance courses. The day ends with a lunch and a casual chat with other candidates and some low-level members of the company.

Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

it was a pretty casual and easy interview. the first interview is 100% behavioral. lots of generic what have you done, and what would you do in this situation questions. they also ask you to walk through your resume so be sure you remember all that or have a copy on hand.

Interview Questions

• describe a time you had to explain something technical to someone less in the know than you?   1 Answer

WC Associate Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Roseland, NJ) in November 2017.

Interview

The panel was very disorganized and bias. I met with 2 of the senior WC claims adjusters, who was unprepared and rushed the interview. I was bombarded by one of the interviewers with her rudeness and arrogance. After meeting with the 2 interviewers I left the office with a newfound sense of lack of respect for this company and they way they treat potential employees. I strongly advise future applicants to seek employment elsewhere. the interview process was very informal.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Two words, behavioral interview. I personally hate this format of interviews because it is not an honest, open discussion. It requires you to think back of your years of experience and think of very specific stories and examples of the questions they are asking which I personally find to be very difficult and not a good reflection of who you are as an employee. There are also technical assessments depending on your position. It could be a Microsoft skills test or a personality type test which also includes math questions and reading comprehension. If you don't pass these assessments you generally aren't contacted for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time you had to complete a difficult project with multiple deadlines and assignments. How did you accomplish it, what would you have changed (something to that effect)   Answer Question

Product Owner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

recruiter's tone changed completely the moment he realized I wasnt born in united states, it seemed like they weren't interested in anything about me anymore and was being very demeaning and indifferent , it was shocking to me however when I searched on linkedin - I did realize that pretty much 99.99% of the workforce in that role happened to be only Caucasian males. I am happy I found this out earlier based off my race because I can't see myself in a company where racism is prevalent,

I pro actively asked the recruiter to not contact me anymore.

Leave Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Charlotte, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

I filled out the online application and completed the assessment on 09/26. I received an email from a recruiter on 10/04 requesting a phone interview for 10/06. The phone interview lasted about 30 mins and I was mostly asked questions about my resume and situational questions. At the end she told me that I would have an in person interview and that I would receive an email with specifics. The in person interview was on 10/10. I interviewed with 2 managers and they were both really nice. The email stated the interview would be for 1 hour however it was only about 30 mins and only consisted of 3 situational questions. This made me very nervous and I didn’t think I did well. I then had a job shadow with a current employee for about 30 mins. It was very interesting and I really enjoyed it. I received a call from one of the managers I interviewed with on 10/13 and I was offered the position which I accepted! The process was really quick!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you went above and beyond what was requested of you.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had a disagreement with a coworker. How were you able to resolve it?   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Phone Interview about 2 weeks after sending in my resume. Got an invitation the next day for a 2nd person in person interview... flew in about 2 weeks later and had a half day interview. There were 4 other people also interviewing. Interviewed with 3 different managers and got lunch with a student and the other interns. The hotel they had me stay at was REALLY REALLY nice... one of the best I've ever seen. Great experience overall....lunch was kinda weird though.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in August 2017.

Interview

Was emailed by a company recruiter after posting my resume on Indeed. Filled out the application online, had a phone appt. with the recruiter, and was invited to attend an open house with about four others, where I had a 1:1 "pre-screen" interview with a hiring manager. I was then invited back the next day for the actual interview, which took about 45 minutes and entailed meeting with and hearing about the job from a team leader, and then a 2:1 group interview (3:1, but the other person was simply observing as they were the other two's manager). They all stepped out afterwards to speak, then told me they'd be in contact within a few days if I had the job. I didn't think I got it since everything went by so quick, but I got a call two days later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you told a customer the wrong information. How did you fix it?   Answer Question