Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 18, 2017
1,488 Interview Reviews

2.9

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Very professional process with plenty of communication between the recruiter and I. Very enjoyable experience. The phone interview was structured well compared to other phone interviews I have had. The in person interview was tricky but the interviewers knew how to make the conversation flow.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Plano, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online then six days later I received a phone call to do an on the spot phone interview. I was moved forward to a face to face interview the following day.

The interview process was long and separated into 4 phases. Phase one a description of the job and benefits by a supervisor. Phase two 2:1 interview with managers asking mostly behaviour questions using the STAR method and a scenario sheet. Phase three was a video on the company and the job. Phase four was a 1:1 interview with a manager.

Phase two was pretty hard. Both managers were taking turns asking questions that needed to be answered in a specific format. If you are familiar with the star method you must give a Scenario, explain the Task, describe the Action you took, then last what were the Results. Phase four was great. The manager spoke to me like a friend we laughed and talked. She asked more behavioral questions and gave me a scenario sheet. She also asked me about my job history. We ended the interview with any questions I had for her or the company. The next day I received a call early in the morning that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had conflict on the job and how it was resolved?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time there was conflict with an employee and how you resolved it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Tampa, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

The whole process took 3 weeks. First was the application with a multi-tasking assessment. Then there was a 30 minute phone screen with a recruiter, most of the questions asked were situational. Then was an in-office interview with several managers. I received an offer 4 business days after the in-office interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult/angry client and what did you do to resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Experienced Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Farmington, CT) in June 2017.

Interview

I only completed the first step which was a 30 minute phone screening. They ask you a lot of questions about your current job, duties, reason you want to leave, etc. Then when they describe the Experienced Sales Rep position: it's not much like the job listing. It's an "outside sales rep" job, so ultimately you are working for yourself selling insurance--but you will have to find your own leads. Your schedule will "fit the customers needs" which means nights and weekends, standing at a booth at community events sort of thing! Cold Calling.
    Yes, they offer what seems like a nicely paid training program. But your salary decreases every few months as you are expected to be building your sales and number of policies, etc.

They seem very nice, but I give this a negative rating because the actual job description is different from what is listed on the hiring website.

SOC Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in June 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen with a recruiter asked behavioral questions, what my current job consists of, what kind of company I'm looking to join, etc. The next day I got an email to set up a Skype interview with three people from the team. My recruiter called me the day before the Skype interview to make sure I was ready and gave me some practice questions to help prepare. The Skype interview was great - everybody was friendly. There was a mix of behavioral questions (tell me about a time you did _____, if ____ happened what steps would you take) to gauge how you think, and some technical questions as well. Overall, this was one of my best interview experiences to date.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and took online assessment. Very easy. About three days later I received an email for the recruiter inviting me to a "open house" which was an invite only. First half of interview you learn about the benefits and company. After you have an interview with three different managers. All very friendly and easy to talk to. They told me I would hear something in about a week but the next day I offered the job. Background check is very extensive and they will check EVERYTHING.

Bodily Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I had a phone interview with a person working with the hiring manager and she will send them everyone resume Fri and then email me back if they decide to interview me in person by Monday do they sometimes email you ? Or they normally offer an in person interview while your still on the line? Do you think I still got a good chance of getting the position. Its for a bodily claim position

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

I had an initial phone screening followed by an in-person interview with my potential manager. Overall pretty standard interview, roughly half personality and problem solving type questions, with the other half being industry specific knowledge and experience questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you disagreed with a senior person in your office. How did you handle it? What was the result?   Answer Question
    • What are some of your biggest struggles in your current position? What have you done or what could you do to solve those problems?   1 Answer
    • Name your two biggest successes and one failure in the last year. What would you do differently, if anything, to avoid the failure if you could do it again?   Answer Question
    • What are a few things I should know about you?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA).

Interview

It consisted of a phone interview with HR, followed by one a week later with the hiring manager. After the phone interview with the hiring manager I was invited to interview in-person. It was a 90 minute interview with two people. Behavioral and fit questions were asked. After the in-person interview, it took roughly 3 weeks to hear back with an offer.

Senior Consultant - Corporate Strategy & Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

Started with a skills assessment online when applying then a quick phone screen with an HR rep that really had no clue about the role or the interview process going forward. In person interview with a person who would have been a peer. Person showed up 15 minutes late for what was scheduled to be a 45 minute discussion, she was not prepared at all regarding my background, did not know what room we were supposed to speak in, read 2 basic interview questions from a printed package then provided a case study to work on. Interview was extremely awkward with zero back and forth discussion. Interviewer never made eye contact and was very vague with the rather simply questions regarding the company and role I had. The entire process put negative light on what I perceived to be a great company. Even though I was not asked back for additional discussions, after what I experienced I highly doubt I would have agreed to come back anyway.