Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,369 Interview Reviews

2.9

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in November 2016.

Interview

First, there is about a two hour long process on their website that includes tests about data analysis and personality traits. Next a recruiter will contact you to set up a phone interview. This includes behavioral questions and will last about thirty minutes. The recruiter made it very easy. If the recruiter likes you then they will set up an in person interview at the location you plan on working. I was interviewed by three underwriting managers for about thirty minutes. Very straightforward and they were extremely nice.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2016.

Interview

I actually didn't even get to interview. I applied for this position & was emailed today asking if the HR rep could do a phone screen tomorrow. Then she sent another email asking if she could do it tonight @ 6:30 pm, but she never called. After almost 30 mins of me waiting, I emailed her to ask if she would be calling me. She told me that her computer shut down and did an update. She apologized and asked if we could do it tomorrow. The problem with this is that she was rushing to try to screen me because the onsite staff were going to be doing interviews in GA on Thursday (2 days from now). Unfortunately, I live 6 hours from that location and would need much more notice than that. I am very irritated that she wasted my time and now I have a bad outlook of this company. I just withdrew from the other positions I applied for because of this. She was horrible!!!!

Commercial Underwriting Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process if very very long! Started with a typical online application and a time management assessment, which takes about an hour. After applying I got an email from HR 10 days later requisition a phone interview. The interview lasted about an hour and about 4 or 5 STAR questions were asked, along with a couple questions about experience and why I was interested in the position. Two weeks later I got an email saying they will be flying me out to interview with 4 underwriting managers, lasting about 45 minutes each. After the interview panel, it took about 2 or 3 weeks (because of the holidays) to get a call offering the position. Overall it was a lengthy process, but everyone I interviewed was extremely nice and I really enjoyed the interview process. Expect STAR questions to be asked and just be yourself!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you and a coworker had a conflict and how you resolved it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were put into a tough situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2016.

Interview

First, they reached out over email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview went well so she moved me on to an in person interview. It was standard. I sat down with two supervisors who asked standard behavioral analysis questions. I shadowed an employee in the office. They told me I'd hear back in 3-5 days. Still waiting to hear back!

Interview Questions

• What does empathy mean to you? How important is it to have empathy when helping customers?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and did the online assessment. I got a email response a few weeks later to schedule an interview over the phone. The interview was pretty standard and the questions were mainly situational.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle an irrate customer?
      How would you deal with a customer who had to consult with a spouse on a product?
      Why liberty mutual?
      Answer Question

Analyst Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Excellent hiring staff that were both kind and clear about the responsibilities of the position. There's multiple interviews on a "super day". The case interview is moderate, just practicd generic strategies.

Interview Questions

• When was a time when you had to use data to solve a business problem?   Answer Question

ADPUS Consumer Markets Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interviewed on campus with an alumnus at Liberty Mutual. Basic behavioral interview with time for discussion and questions at the end. Brought in to Boston for superday. 2 Behavioral interviews and a case interview. Behavioral interviews focused on analytical skills and again had time to ask questions and have a conversation. The day also included a job shadow that was very laid back and helpful. Overall a great experience. Very well organized

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you analyzed a large amount of data   Answer Question

Experienced Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Hoffman Estates, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Went through phone interview and in person interview. Told me the Regional Manager would be calling me to set up one last interview and never heard from them. Tried calling and emailing. Still nothing. Seems a little unprofessional to me. At least have the courtesy of calling back.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions plus questions based on sales experience.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

Interview

Applied through university job board. They did on campus recruiting which is where my first interview was. Afterwards, I was brought into the Boston office for two additional interviews that were 30 minutes each

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that you had to deal with many things at a time and how you handled it   Answer Question

Assistant Actuary Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (New York, NY).

Interview

it was a pretty fair process overall and nothing specific I would like to mention as such as lot of the information is confidential and I would not like to share it.