Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,429 Interview Reviews

2.9

Senior Analyst - Product Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I recently had an initial phone interview with a recruiter. The conversation was general, with very few pointed questions. Essentially, the interviewer sought to clarify why I was looking to leave my current position, and how my skills fit that of the Liberty position.
    I was asked to explain specific problem solving projects I'd been involved with.
    At the end of the interview, I was told that the recruiter would pass my resume on to the group manager. After three weeks, I have yet to receive a response, but do see that the application remains under review.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to move on from your current role?   Answer Question
    • What is your current salary?   1 Answer
    • Explain a work-related situation which involved problem solving.   Answer Question

Claims Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmsford, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Elmsford, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The phone interview went very smoothly, but when I got to the office interview they spoke a lot about insurance which I didn't know going into it. Interview was conducted by two people

Workers Compensation Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Rocklin, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by email within a week to set up a phone interview. A person from HR performed the phone interview. Questions ranged from work history to behavioral. Interviewer explained job, culture, and benefits. Was contacted a few days later to schedule an on-site interview with department manager and direct manager. After the interview, you shadow a team member and get a pretty good idea of what a typical day entails. Was contacted within a week by email with a hiring decision.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work at Liberty Mutual?   1 Answer
    • Tell me what you know about the position.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had a difficult client/customer.   1 Answer

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

I initially spoke with a recruiter over the phone about the position, and then was invited in for an interview in person. I was notified within a week that they had decided to proceed with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• How much experience have you had with mapping processes?   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Plano, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Started off with the online assessment that puts you in a call center environment via computer. Fairly simple and gives you an idea of a fast paced job. After that I was called by a recruiter and she interviewed me over the phone for about 45 min. A couple days later I was called by my recruiter for an in person interview. I accepted the offer but this background check is taking forever!

Interview Questions

• What makes you interested in selling insurance?   Answer Question
    • Do you feel like you can handle diversity and negativity?   Answer Question
    • How have you changed a customers mind in the past to be interested in what you're selling them?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just be confident and honest. I am not going into this position with insurance experience and I made that clear. But I also made it clear that I am a hard worker and highly trainable.

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in February 2017.

Interview

Very long process but well worth it.
    First step was the online application: math, grammar, simulation, personality quiz included
    Second step interview with recruiter: Be friendly, excited, interesting, personable. This job includes a lot of phone interactions, therefore it's probably very important to have good phone skills. Most questions asked were situational questions. They want to see how well and articulately you can answer a question. Be specific and detailed give good examples. Look up examples and have solid situations prepared.
    Third step: In person interview with the hiring manager. Same as above.
    Offer: will do a background check
    YOU'RE IN!!!
    * remember not every situation is going to be the same. lots of reviews on glassdoor state that if the recruiter likes you they will offer you a in person interview right after the phone interview. This didn't occur in my case. I got the offer a week later (probably when they had finished phone interviews with all the candidates) So stay positive and treat glass door as a guide not the Bible.

Interview Questions

• How do you satisfy a customer when you can't give them what they want.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Plano, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and took online quiz for personality and then did a virtual call center training course. Not difficult, it makes you take 2 calls as if you were a rep working at the center. 3 days later was called by a recruiter who first gave me an overview of the position then asked my experience, followed by some "what if/what would you do/how would you handle?" type questions. Example:

You've got a customer who has a policy with farmers that is less expensive than Liberty Mutual, why should they choose Liberty? What would you say to convince them?

We talked for about 30 minutes and she told me what type of person they want for the job and what type of mentality it requires to get the position. Then told me that my answers were being sent to the hiring team and I would hear back from her in a few days: Good or Bad.

3 days later I received a phone call from my recruiter congratulating me for being chosen to move on to the in-person interviews and, shortly after, an email came with the time and to bring multiple copies of my resume and dress professionally. My recruiter again went over the position and expectations with me while I had her on the phone, and gave me examples of what kind of questions to expect from the hiring team.

The day of my interview my recruiter met me in the lobby to again go over the position and what the expectations are and we did a practice set of questions. She wished me luck and soon after a manager came and greeted me and took me to an office where with another manager. Both had laptops and introduced themselves before asking me to introduce myself and go over my qualifications starting with my most recent job. Then they told me they would move on to some situation questions to see how I'd handle objections, watch a brief video, and then answer some "tell me about a time when" questions.

The managers really wanted to make sure I was the right mentality for the job, said it paid very well and money is to be made but it wasn't easy and I would have to be able to handle the "grind" and be able to handle rejection. They wanted me to know exactly what the expectations were and gave me a good idea what obstacles I was going to face, and they asked me what would I require from them, if offered the position, to better prepare me to take on these obstacles.

Afterwards they asked about my schedule and had me a sign a form saying when I was available and on what class days I could attend. They told me my recruiter would follow-up with me within 3-5 days regarding their decision, and one manager took me on a quick tour of the office and we parted ways.

1 hour later my recruiter contacted me and asked me how it went, and how I felt about the position. I told her I was nervous but I feel I am the man for the job and that I hope I did enough to earn the opportunity. She said I did and congratulated me with an offer of employment.

Now doing the background check. It's a very thorough investigation through a 3rd party company. Said it could take up to 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you had to change a customers mind for the better? And how did you do it?   2 Answers
    • Tell me of time where you had to deal with a difficult co-worker? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked me how much money I wanted to make and how much I was making at my last job. Salary is set amount with additional commission and bonuses.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

I had two video interviews with Liberty Mutual. The first interview was a basic behavioral interview that lasted about 30 minutes; I actually used Glassdoor to look at a few of the questions that were asked in previous LM internship interviews and was asked roughly the same questions. The second interview was a little more technical; the interviewers asked how I learn new languages, what projects I've worked on, etc., but no specific programming questions. A week or two after my second interview, LM called me and extended an offer. Overall, the process was very professional and the people I talked to were great in helping me understand what was going on.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions:
      Why would you choose liberty mutual?
      Tell me about a time where you explained something complicated to someone.
      Tell me about the last time you had to work with an unsatisfied customer. How did you address their concerns?

Technical questions:
      Tell me about the projects you've worked on.
      How do you learn a new language?
      1 Answer

Bodily Injury Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Lake Mary, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, a few days later, I got a phone call from HR to set up phone interview, phone interview went well. About a week later, was told they would like to do a face to face interview. I interviewed with 2 "hiring managers", neither could have been older then 25. They asked the STAR questions, gave them my response, and both took notes which were maybe 1 or 2 words per question. After the interview, I asked for their emails, one of them didn't even know his email. Same one walked me downstairs, talked to me about the company, told me his boss was out because her dad was in hospice and had only a day or so to live, then he laughed. Yes, seriously. Note to Liberty Mutual..if you want quality people, get some quality managers that are professional and have some experience under their belts and know how to conduct proper interviews. This is what you have making the hiring decisions? While I did not get the position, I do feel I dodged a bullet with this one.

Technology Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in February 2017.

Interview

I had a skype interview with a recruiter, followed by another skype interview with 2 managers. I felt that these both went very well and was told I would hear back within a week. However, a week went by and I tried to get in contact with multiple people. I never heard back and over a month later I began trying to contact others who may be able to help me. Eventually, a recruiter called me back and told me that the recruiter I was working with no longer worked there and my interview feedback notes had been lost in this process. Very frustrating and disappointing, especially because I tried to contact other people who still worked there and my phone calls and emails were never returned.