Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,508 Interview Reviews

2.9

IT Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, NH

Interview

Great interview process. Interviewers were friendly. All interviews were Skype interviews, I never went on campus. Questions were straight forward. Lots of behavioral questions. A few questions about my background in technology. About half of the interview was us talking about my technical experience although there were not any technical based questions. Nothing saying "set up this database" but some questions about my past experience with stats based

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Applied online. Week later received email about a invite only open house. 10 people were there. We were first brought into a room and briefly told about the company. Then called for individual interviews. First interview was with two hiring managers simple STAR questions. Then sat in with current employee and watched her work for 15 minutes. Then had second interview with two different hiring managers. After that was escorted out of building. In total was there for about an hour and a half. Both interviews were easy going and simple STAR questions. The next day I emailed the hiring manager thanking him for his time blah blah. And was offered the job later that evening.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

I was an internal candidate and received a call back about my resume submission within one week of applying. I conducted 2 phone interviews as well as 2 in person interviews and the communication back and forth was polite and timely.

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Very professional process with plenty of communication between the recruiter and I. Very enjoyable experience. The phone interview was structured well compared to other phone interviews I have had. The in person interview was tricky but the interviewers knew how to make the conversation flow.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Plano, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online then six days later I received a phone call to do an on the spot phone interview. I was moved forward to a face to face interview the following day.

The interview process was long and separated into 4 phases. Phase one a description of the job and benefits by a supervisor. Phase two 2:1 interview with managers asking mostly behaviour questions using the STAR method and a scenario sheet. Phase three was a video on the company and the job. Phase four was a 1:1 interview with a manager.

Phase two was pretty hard. Both managers were taking turns asking questions that needed to be answered in a specific format. If you are familiar with the star method you must give a Scenario, explain the Task, describe the Action you took, then last what were the Results. Phase four was great. The manager spoke to me like a friend we laughed and talked. She asked more behavioral questions and gave me a scenario sheet. She also asked me about my job history. We ended the interview with any questions I had for her or the company. The next day I received a call early in the morning that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had conflict on the job and how it was resolved?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time there was conflict with an employee and how you resolved it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Tampa, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

The whole process took 3 weeks. First was the application with a multi-tasking assessment. Then there was a 30 minute phone screen with a recruiter, most of the questions asked were situational. Then was an in-office interview with several managers. I received an offer 4 business days after the in-office interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult/angry client and what did you do to resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Experienced Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Farmington, CT) in June 2017.

Interview

I only completed the first step which was a 30 minute phone screening. They ask you a lot of questions about your current job, duties, reason you want to leave, etc. Then when they describe the Experienced Sales Rep position: it's not much like the job listing. It's an "outside sales rep" job, so ultimately you are working for yourself selling insurance--but you will have to find your own leads. Your schedule will "fit the customers needs" which means nights and weekends, standing at a booth at community events sort of thing! Cold Calling.
    Yes, they offer what seems like a nicely paid training program. But your salary decreases every few months as you are expected to be building your sales and number of policies, etc.

They seem very nice, but I give this a negative rating because the actual job description is different from what is listed on the hiring website.

SOC Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in June 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen with a recruiter asked behavioral questions, what my current job consists of, what kind of company I'm looking to join, etc. The next day I got an email to set up a Skype interview with three people from the team. My recruiter called me the day before the Skype interview to make sure I was ready and gave me some practice questions to help prepare. The Skype interview was great - everybody was friendly. There was a mix of behavioral questions (tell me about a time you did _____, if ____ happened what steps would you take) to gauge how you think, and some technical questions as well. Overall, this was one of my best interview experiences to date.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and took online assessment. Very easy. About three days later I received an email for the recruiter inviting me to a "open house" which was an invite only. First half of interview you learn about the benefits and company. After you have an interview with three different managers. All very friendly and easy to talk to. They told me I would hear something in about a week but the next day I offered the job. Background check is very extensive and they will check EVERYTHING.

Bodily Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I had a phone interview with a person working with the hiring manager and she will send them everyone resume Fri and then email me back if they decide to interview me in person by Monday do they sometimes email you ? Or they normally offer an in person interview while your still on the line? Do you think I still got a good chance of getting the position. Its for a bodily claim position