Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,570 Interview Reviews

2.9

Short Term Disability Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocky Hill, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Rocky Hill, CT) in October 2017.

Interview

Within a week I received an email from the HR to schedule a phone interview. Basic overview style questions my lack of corporate experience was highlighted but explained to not be a problem. An in-person interview was scheduled for a couple days later. The in-person interview consisted of behavioral questions. My lack of corporate experience was a problem the recruiters made it blatantly obvious. An email confirmation dictates the length of the interview, 1 1/2 hrs.

Interview Questions

• Can you think of a time when...   1 Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

The recruiter sent an email to schedule a phone interview. She was very prompt and responded to my preference quickly. The phone interview was with a week of the initial email.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

Started off with a phone screening with the recruiter. I was invited to interview on-site in Boston and they flew me out and paid for my hotel which was fantastic! The day started off with an overview of the internship and a brief of the company. The interview consisted of two 1:1 interviews with different HR leaders, consisting of mostly behavioral questions. The day started around 9 and ended before 1. At the end of the interviews Liberty served us lunch and gave us the opportunity to speak with current HRDP participants in a group setting with the other candidates.

I was offered the position about a week and a half after my on-site interview, in which I accepted. Very competitive offer with a relocation stipend and good hourly pay.

Financial Management Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Hartford, CT) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied through university. 30 minute interview consisting of behavioral questions. Didn't hear back after following up with the interviewer, 3 weeks later I got the generic HR email saying they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake at work and how did you fix it   Answer Question

TechStart Entry Level Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online, waited almost 3 weeks to get a generic rejection letter. Coming from a technical background I wasn't sure why I didn't get a first round interview. Very disappointed because this program seems to provide good training for recent graduates that will help them transition from school to industry.

Interview Questions

• Just some questions about your background and a personality test   Answer Question

Technology Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2017.

Interview

There were two interviews, one behavioral (on-campus) and one technical and behavioral (Skype). The technical portion of the interview did not involve any coding problems or questions about specific technical knowledge; my interviewer mainly asked about my personal projects and about the programming languages I am comfortable with.

My interviewers were very friendly, but overall, I had a negative experience with the interview scheduling process. I had been told my second interview was going to be on-campus and was asked about my availability on the date the interviewers were going to be on campus. I sent in my availability, but I did not receive any information about the time or location of the interview so I emailed my recruiter the day before the interview date to ask about the interview. She responded with the time of my interview, but later emailed again to tell me that the interview is going to have to be postponed to the following week because the interviewers were unable to be on-campus on that date. I was asked to provide my availability for the next week, which I provided immediately. However, when the next week came around, I still had not received any information about my interview, so on Wednesday (one of the dates that I had available), I emailed again to tell the recruiter that I was no longer available on Wednesday and asked if we could reschedule for the following week. An hour after I had sent that email, I received an interview confirmation for that Wednesday for an interview in less than two hours. I found this unprofessional and disrespectful of my time, because of the extremely short notice and because I had already specified that I was no longer free Wednesday, so I asked to reschedule that interview. I ended up interviewing the following week, but at that point, because of my negative experience with the interviewing scheduling process, I no longer wanted to work for Liberty because of the lack of professionalism.

Principal Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dover, NH) in October 2017.

Interview

I was contacted just a day or two after submitting my application after a friend on the hiring team encouraged me to apply. HR scheduled my 30 minute interview for 8:30 Monday morning, despite being an internal candidate and requesting avoiding Monday due to my current responsibilities. The hiring manager joined the call almost 10 minutes late. Due to the changes in IT at Liberty, I knew going in the hiring manager is unlikely to be the supervisor after the end of the year, as his role has already been eliminated, although he could apply for the new supervisory role. While I have worked with the team before, they were not involved in the interview and the manager explained a far different role than the team had encouraged me to apply for - including the expectation that while being compensated as an individual contributor I would be supervising contractors. Interviewer was noticeably frustrated I had to attend to my current responsibilities, which prevented flexibility on the end time and our talk was only 20 minutes after accounting for his tardiness. My thank you and follow up questions went unanswered for 3 weeks and HR hadn't received an update from the manager either. It's almost as if people don't like interviewing people after they have been given severance themselves. I haven't received an offer but have withdrawn my application.

Interview Questions

• Have you been responsible for supervising contractors before?   Answer Question

TechStart Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Amherst, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

The overall process was quick and easy. I applied both online and met with a recruiter at a university career fair. I got an email asking to interview about 2 weeks after.

There was one phone screening to start, largely behavioral. I then interviewed with the manager if the department I would be in, again on the phone. Again mostly behavioral with a few slightly technical questions. Very informal and nice people. I was told I would be offered the position at the end of the 2nd interview, and was given the formal offer 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Why liberty mutual?   Answer Question
    • How do you learn new programming languages?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a project in which there was a conflict with another group member and how did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2017.

Interview

Origionally scheduled for an hour moved to 30 minutes to include hiring manager. One seemed disinterested the other highly doubtful. Interview felt more defensive than being allowed to showcase my experience & skills. Afterwards I was told to contact both parties but no contact information was given plus further no follow-up from recruiter and I immediately withdrew my candidacy. Based on the first impression I could not see myself successfully working with or for either party.

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Rockville, MD) in October 2017.

Interview

30 min phone interview, 30 min online role playing interview,2 hr face to face interview. I interviewed with 3 different people all seemed to go very well. They said they would schedule a day for me to spend with mngr of office I would be working out of, but that never happened. I was left not knowing why they decided to pass on me. Follow-up calls went ignored.

Interview Questions

• How would my past experience help me generate business?   1 Answer