Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,445 Interview Reviews

2.9

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Irving, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Two sets of interviews with two interviewers with largely the same 5-7 questions. Met with the HR representative. A floor walk to see the different departments related to claims. A short side by side with a current claims adjuster.

Interview Questions

• Take me through your resume from earliest to current employment   1 Answer

Technology Entry-Level Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was really straightforward. It comprised of two rounds -- the first was entirely behavioral, whereas the second was half behavioral, half technical. An important things to note is that during the technical part of the interview, no coding question were asked. The questions mostly pertained to your personal experiences with writing software and your general interests and experiences with software. All in all, a pleasant experience. All the interviewers were super friendly and great at responding to my questions in a comprehensive manner.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the last time you learned a new programming language.   Answer Question
    • How do you go about fixing code when something is wrong?   Answer Question
    • Have you had experience writing test cases?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in March 2017.

Interview

Very quick, 2 rounds. Efficient but thorough process, spoke with 4 different employees total and got a good feel for what Liberty Mutual is about. None of the questions were very difficult, but were designed to see how you could think on your feet rather than spit out canned answers.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think Liberty Mutual is a good fit?   Answer Question
    • Long term goals?   Answer Question
    • A time you were in a team that aimed for a goal, but did not achieve it. Why not and what did you learn?   Answer Question

IT Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dover, NH) in March 2017.

Interview

First i had a phone interview with some basic questions and a technical "what if' question, then I had and in person interview with 2 people. I had to do a mock call and fill out trouble ticket, using the knowledge base on their system.

Interview Questions

• How would you help someone calling for document that would not print.   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

was very straight forward. Did not ask very many programming questions and asked a lot of behavioral questions. Told them about projects and accomplishments. They allow you to choose what area you want to get into once you get accepted.

Senior Analyst - Product Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I recently had an initial phone interview with a recruiter. The conversation was general, with very few pointed questions. Essentially, the interviewer sought to clarify why I was looking to leave my current position, and how my skills fit that of the Liberty position.
    I was asked to explain specific problem solving projects I'd been involved with.
    At the end of the interview, I was told that the recruiter would pass my resume on to the group manager. After three weeks, I have yet to receive a response, but do see that the application remains under review.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to move on from your current role?   Answer Question
    • What is your current salary?   1 Answer
    • Explain a work-related situation which involved problem solving.   Answer Question

Claims Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmsford, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Elmsford, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The phone interview went very smoothly, but when I got to the office interview they spoke a lot about insurance which I didn't know going into it. Interview was conducted by two people

Workers Compensation Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Rocklin, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by email within a week to set up a phone interview. A person from HR performed the phone interview. Questions ranged from work history to behavioral. Interviewer explained job, culture, and benefits. Was contacted a few days later to schedule an on-site interview with department manager and direct manager. After the interview, you shadow a team member and get a pretty good idea of what a typical day entails. Was contacted within a week by email with a hiring decision.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work at Liberty Mutual?   1 Answer
    • Tell me what you know about the position.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had a difficult client/customer.   1 Answer

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

I initially spoke with a recruiter over the phone about the position, and then was invited in for an interview in person. I was notified within a week that they had decided to proceed with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• How much experience have you had with mapping processes?   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Plano, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Started off with the online assessment that puts you in a call center environment via computer. Fairly simple and gives you an idea of a fast paced job. After that I was called by a recruiter and she interviewed me over the phone for about 45 min. A couple days later I was called by my recruiter for an in person interview. I accepted the offer but this background check is taking forever!

Interview Questions

• What makes you interested in selling insurance?   Answer Question
    • Do you feel like you can handle diversity and negativity?   Answer Question
    • How have you changed a customers mind in the past to be interested in what you're selling them?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just be confident and honest. I am not going into this position with insurance experience and I made that clear. But I also made it clear that I am a hard worker and highly trainable.