Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,472 Interview Reviews

2.9

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Mount Laurel, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

The phone interview was more in depth than the actual in-person interview. The in-person interview was more laid back. They asked typical interview questions which ranged from my experience to posing scenario's and asking for my response. They also give you five minutes to look over a booklet regarding one of their plans, and ask you to pitch the insurance plan to them.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were faced with a difficult group, how did you overcome it and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Insurance Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I received a request to schedule a telephone interview via email, 1 day after I submitted my application online. The telephone interview lasted 30 minutes. The recruiter was professional.

Interview Questions

• Can you give examples of doing teamwork at your previous jobs?   Answer Question

Inside Property Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Lake Mary, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter to do a phone interview, went well lasted over an hour. Next interviewed over phone with two hiring managers lasted about 30 minutes. Flew down to corporate office interviewed with two managers. Follow up in two weeks did not get job. Everyone was pleasant

Surety Underwriting Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

It was an extremely slow process. It took 6 months to get back to me after my initial application was submitted, 2 weeks after the first interview with the recruiter, and then 6 weeks after the manager interview to hear back about anything. There was very little communication between the recruiter and I to prepare too. However, the interview process is pretty standard.

Workers Compensation Associate Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Glendale, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied for the Workers Compensation Associate Claims Specialist position in Glendale, California at the end of March 2017. I heard back from a recruiter about a week later asking to setup a time for a phone interview. The phone interview went well and the recruiter told me she was impressed with my background and that she will email me in the next week to possibly setup a in-person interview. About a week later I got invited to interview in-person with 2 hiring managers. Two hours before the interview I get a call saying that one of the interviewers cannot make it but they found me a "substitute". I show up to the interview and find out that the other interviewer who was supposed to be there "cannot make it" either. I got interviewed by two employees who had no idea what to ask me because they got pulled in last minute. The interview lasted maybe no more than 15 minutes. They told me they would bring me back in for a second interview and they did. The second interview was with the actual hiring manager. It seemed as if she was forced to interview me. I sat down ready to answer her questions and the first thing she tells me is "This may take 10 min or 30 min depending on how many questions you have for me, now go ahead and ask me your questions". She was very unprofessional and rude. The experience for me was awful! It sucks because I thought it was a good company to work for but I am glad things didn't workout because I realized what a terrible company this is to work for (at least this location).

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Katy, TX).

Interview

It took 2 weeks. It was multiple rounds and am a assessment. They look for the best talent to be apart of their team from management down to interns. It was not very hard and it was personal. I enjoyed the process

Field Property Adjuster Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

I completed an application online and took an assessment test which measured general competencies and the ability to multi-task. I was then scheduled for a phone interview with a recruiter. The recruiter was very brief and seemed some what rushed. She asked very general questions about my resume. I was then scheduled for a Skype interview with my prospective manager. He asked no STAR questions and was very informal. We did not discuss my resume, but discussed the position a bit. The interview took less than 20 minutes. I actually have a lot of experience in the industry and am a pretty well qualified candidate. The hiring manager did not seem interested at all. I am not new to the hiring process at all and do not just expect to get a job because my resume looks good. I do however expect to be taken seriously as a candidate. I had to take time off for each interview and spent a good amount of time preparing for the interview. I've seen the same position posted and reposted with a hiring bonus. Do not waste your time.

Interview Questions

Interview

Apply through your supervisor and be selected for an interview. Interview is with team managers and site supervisor. Last around 20-30 minutes. Come prepared specific examples and questions to ask the interviewers. Took a little over a week to be offered the position. (Manage took me into a room during my shift to let me know) Use "I" and never "We". Talk about things that are recent (not things you've done years ago). Use SPECIFIC examples.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you improved a process and what were the results.   1 Answer
    • Tell us a time you've provided coaching (negative or positive) and what were the results.   1 Answer

Audit Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Four interview and a case study. the case study was on security and change management. The questions were on It audit controls and behavourial questions followed by lunch the process was very good and interviewers were very friendly

Counsel Interview

Interview

The people I interviewed with were very responsive. It seems like a friendly community. The team was flexible to meet my schedule, and they were really good about communicating with me.

Interview Questions

• How would you work with the business department and how do you see your role?   Answer Question