Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,397 Interview Reviews

2.9

Claims Career Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview that consisted of going over my resume and asking behavioral questions. Followed up several weeks late with an in person interview and job shadow. In person interview explained more about the job, and 7 or so more behavioral questions. All in all the process was rather disorganized, I wasn't informed when I said I would be following both the phone interview and the in person interview, but the people were all friendly, and seemed happy with their jobs.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to handle a dissatisfied customer?

Tell me about a time you had difficulty working in a group, what was wrong and how did you handle it?
      Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Westborough, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interviewing process was extremely positive and efficient. Before I received an offer, I had an in-person meeting with a recruiter, many email exchanges, an informational interview over the phone and two formal in-person interviews.

The interviews were on-site which gave me a great accurate glimpse of office culture and the work environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to persuade someone and they weren't on-board with the idea. How did you handle their objections?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Company did great job getting back to me in timely fashion. Salary range is discussed prior to final interviews. Negotiations are generally not done post offer. Vacation is not negotiable. Company is open to remote working. Great benefits.

Claims Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple. I arrived about 45 minutes early... The interviewer came too get me out of the lobby. I was given a paper with a scenario on it & was asked to respond accordingly I was interviewed by two men. I shadowed a person that occupied the position I applied for... Then I was escorted back to the lobby by one of my interviewers... They asked a lot of behavioral situation questions.... Will hear something back within 3-5 days

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had to deliver bad news & what were the results?   Answer Question

Commercial Underwriting Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process if very very long! Started with a typical online application and a time management assessment, which takes about an hour. After applying I got an email from HR 10 days later requisition a phone interview. The interview lasted about an hour and about 4 or 5 STAR questions were asked, along with a couple questions about experience and why I was interested in the position. Two weeks later I got an email saying they will be flying me out to interview with 4 underwriting managers, lasting about 45 minutes each. After the interview panel, it took about 2 or 3 weeks (because of the holidays) to get a call offering the position. Overall it was a lengthy process, but everyone I interviewed was extremely nice and I really enjoyed the interview process. Expect STAR questions to be asked and just be yourself!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you and a coworker had a conflict and how you resolved it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were put into a tough situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2016.

Interview

I first applied through their online process. A month later I was contacted to do a phone interview. The phone interview was straight forward and resume/behavioral based. I heard back a few days later that they wanted to do an in person interview and did an onsite interview a week later. Long day of interviews with multiple Actuaries in the company. Three different case studies to work through.

Interview Questions

• Case studies for onsite interview required critical thinking skills and knowledge in the insurance industry.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in November 2016.

Interview

First, there is about a two hour long process on their website that includes tests about data analysis and personality traits. Next a recruiter will contact you to set up a phone interview. This includes behavioral questions and will last about thirty minutes. The recruiter made it very easy. If the recruiter likes you then they will set up an in person interview at the location you plan on working. I was interviewed by three underwriting managers for about thirty minutes. Very straightforward and they were extremely nice.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2016.

Interview

I actually didn't even get to interview. I applied for this position & was emailed today asking if the HR rep could do a phone screen tomorrow. Then she sent another email asking if she could do it tonight @ 6:30 pm, but she never called. After almost 30 mins of me waiting, I emailed her to ask if she would be calling me. She told me that her computer shut down and did an update. She apologized and asked if we could do it tomorrow. The problem with this is that she was rushing to try to screen me because the onsite staff were going to be doing interviews in GA on Thursday (2 days from now). Unfortunately, I live 6 hours from that location and would need much more notice than that. I am very irritated that she wasted my time and now I have a bad outlook of this company. I just withdrew from the other positions I applied for because of this. She was horrible!!!!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2016.

Interview

First, they reached out over email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview went well so she moved me on to an in person interview. It was standard. I sat down with two supervisors who asked standard behavioral analysis questions. I shadowed an employee in the office. They told me I'd hear back in 3-5 days. Still waiting to hear back!

Interview Questions

• What does empathy mean to you? How important is it to have empathy when helping customers?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and did the online assessment. I got a email response a few weeks later to schedule an interview over the phone. The interview was pretty standard and the questions were mainly situational.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle an irrate customer?
      How would you deal with a customer who had to consult with a spouse on a product?
      Why liberty mutual?