Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,519 Interview Reviews

2.9

Inside Property Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter. I was asked to go over my resume and a lot of the questions that she asked me related to decision making and complex problem solving. The recruiter really wanted me to answer how I dealt with a complex problem in my previous jobs. It was a little more difficult than some of the other phone interviews I have had because the recruiter jsut asked me variations of the same question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a complex problem and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Claims Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview for screening. It went really well until I was asked to show up to a 9:00 interview, 1.5 days later. I have a job that I can't miss. Interviewer asked me to see if I could get off, which I found a little rude. There were no other times, it was this or nothing. I passed.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter about 1 week after I applied. She informed me that she wanted to move me on in the interview process, and was able to approve a follow-up phone interview because I was out of state at the time.
    Phone interview with 2 supervisors was scheduled for 1 week later, and lasted about an hour. First 15 minutes was a complete description of the company, role, and expectations. After that they asked 5-8 questions, all behavior based. They were looking for very specific answers.
    Original recruiter got back to me the day after with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you disagreed with a coworker? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA).

Interview

Talent acquisition first, system error, so received interview only because I reached out to job holder. After phone interview, had in-person interview and presentation that included meetings with potential co-workers and cross-functional directors.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Irving, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Behavioral Interview questions. First spoke with a recruiter. Then received and email to schedule for a face to face interview. First met with 2 managers the 2 more. I sat in someone in between interviews

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had exceptional customer service   1 Answer

Auto Claims Customer Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and took their assessment test which is a 3-4 part test. First, you take their personality test like every company does today. Then they test your reading/writing skills, math skills, and typing skills. There is also a simulator role you have to take where a customer calls you and you have to navigate their system to "help" out the customer. Those were not difficult. 2-3 days later I received an email to schedule a phone screening interview. The interview lasted about 20+ minutes. It was pretty easy. The recruiter didn't schedule me for an in-person interview. She said, she would talk to management and see what step they wanted to take next. This was the first time I've ever got that type of answer from anyone. At that point, I already knew that I wouldn't even be scheduled for an in-person interview based on that answer alone. I'm sure they have a lot of applicants. However, I didn't even make it past the screening process. I received one of those generic emails 2 days later that they decided to pursue other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with an irate customer?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Richardson, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Had a phone interview then an in person interview about a week later. Interviewed separately with two managers at their Richardson location. The interview process went well, my only gripe is that it took a 2 weeks longer than I anticipated to hear back. My recruiter was very helpful until I did a review of her then I've never heard from her since.

Workers Compensation Associate Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and had to complete two online assessments (personality test and a multitasking simulation test?) that took about 30 minutes in total. I was then contacted by the manager to set up a phone screening.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about yourself, tell me about a time when you've worked with a difficult person   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview was short and easy. It was a good process and only took a couple weeks. They hire on a rolling basis. The recruiter was extremely friendly and was genuinely interested in getting to know me.

Interview Questions

• What did you do when you were in a crisis and had to quickly problem solve?   Answer Question

Senior Commercial Underwriter Interview

Application

The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

The interview process began with a recruiter asking general questions related to work experience and job/career expectations. The next step was speaking directly to the hiring manager where more traditional interview questions were asked, such a "give me an example if when..." and "how would you handle a situation where...?" Final step was an in office interview with higher-up executives and the interview again had some traditional interview questions, but was also conversational as would be expected when doing an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you have handled a situation where you had to deliver a difficult message?   1 Answer