Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017
1,507 Interview Reviews

2.9

Actuarial Interview

Interview

Three interviews + lunch with two actuarial students. Questions were a mix of behavioral and technical. Very pleasant atmosphere. Questions were about what I had expected, but you can't prepare for everything they might ask you. I left very impressed with the organization and its people.

Interview Questions

• Technical question where you are given a chart or graph and asked to interpret it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Plano, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and within the application you have to take an online assessment where it involves: a typing test, a role-play simulation, and a personality assessment. All in all, I think it took about 45 minutes. After that, maybe within 3-5 business days I got contacted back via email to have a phone interview/screening and to reply with viable times. They replied within 24 hours and I had a phone call scheduled for a few days later.
    I got a call at exactly the time scheduled, and was greeted by the recruiter. The first 10-15 minutes involved a thorough introduction about Liberty Mutual, what they stand for and a detailed explanation of what the position is all about. After that, I was asked about 5-8 questions. Some of the questions were typical like: why should we hire you, where do you see yourself in five years, tell me about yourself, etc.
    The recruiter was very pleasant and it was an enjoyable interview.
    She proceeded with moving me on to an on-site interview which was scheduled for about 3-5 business days after the phone screening.

I got to the building 30 minutes early and I checked in. Then at the exact time that I was scheduled, I was 'picked up' by a recruiter and taken upstairs to be interviewed.
    I went through 4 rounds of individuals, all one on one. (no group interview)
    The first 'round' was a meticulous explanation of Liberty Mutual, what they stand for, what the position is, the hours, the benefits, bonuses, etc. That took about 15 minutes.
    Second 'round' was the first interviewer, she came in with her laptop and she was extremely friendly and put my nerves at ease and spoke to me like a friend wanting to get to know me, She asked me a lot of situational questions like, "Tell me a time when..." and then we spoke about the position and she was really giving me a lot of helpful information about the position that I was applying for.
    Then came the third 'round' and that was another interviewer and she was just like the first person; super friendly, bubbly and easy-going. She played a recording of two sample calls and asked me all of behavioral questions like "What would you do different if at all, and why?"
    And lastly, the fourth 'round' was with the head of team supervisors and he did a debriefing of everything and asked some of typical questions too: Why should we hire you? Do you think that Liberty Mutual would be a good fit for you? etc.

The interview was really enjoyable, I felt challenged with the questions but in a good way and everyone was so nice and really wanted to see you succeed, or at least that's how they made me feel.
    And finally, 2 business days later, I get a call from the original recruiter offering me the job and I've accepted. I officially start in May.

Liberty Mutual seems to be a promising career and future, I'm excited to see what's in store for me.

Injury Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted 3-4 days later to do a phone screening. I prepared for two hours and the person who was supposed to interview me had her assistant do it. The assistant didn't explain why the hiring manager wasn't conducting the interview nor even acknowledged the change. She seemed young due to the lack of energy, inexperienced, and apathetic. She asked me only 3 questions and said she would forward the answers to the hiring manager. She didn't really go over what the job entails nor talked about LM as a whole. Compared to State Farm's interview, this was 2/5 and SF was 5/5 due to the organization of the interviewer and respect given.

Inside Auto Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Marlton, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online, took the test, got called for an interview. Interviewed with two managers and got called for a second interview with the regional manager. Told me to wait 1-2 weeks for a response and now I wait.

Interview Questions

• Why Liberty Mutual? What was the most difficult situation you had and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

AVP-HR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

Really great interview process where I was able to talk to many members of the team. My recruiter was very responsive throughout and coordinated things well with no issues.

Interview Questions

• They follow a behavioral interviewing process to really understand if you'll be a cultural fit.   2 Answers

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Mount Laurel, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

The phone interview was more in depth than the actual in-person interview. The in-person interview was more laid back. They asked typical interview questions which ranged from my experience to posing scenario's and asking for my response. They also give you five minutes to look over a booklet regarding one of their plans, and ask you to pitch the insurance plan to them.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were faced with a difficult group, how did you overcome it and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Insurance Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I received a request to schedule a telephone interview via email, 1 day after I submitted my application online. The telephone interview lasted 30 minutes. The recruiter was professional.

Interview Questions

• Can you give examples of doing teamwork at your previous jobs?   Answer Question

Inside Property Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Lake Mary, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter to do a phone interview, went well lasted over an hour. Next interviewed over phone with two hiring managers lasted about 30 minutes. Flew down to corporate office interviewed with two managers. Follow up in two weeks did not get job. Everyone was pleasant

Surety Underwriting Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

It was an extremely slow process. It took 6 months to get back to me after my initial application was submitted, 2 weeks after the first interview with the recruiter, and then 6 weeks after the manager interview to hear back about anything. There was very little communication between the recruiter and I to prepare too. However, the interview process is pretty standard.

Workers Compensation Associate Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Glendale, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied for the Workers Compensation Associate Claims Specialist position in Glendale, California at the end of March 2017. I heard back from a recruiter about a week later asking to setup a time for a phone interview. The phone interview went well and the recruiter told me she was impressed with my background and that she will email me in the next week to possibly setup a in-person interview. About a week later I got invited to interview in-person with 2 hiring managers. Two hours before the interview I get a call saying that one of the interviewers cannot make it but they found me a "substitute". I show up to the interview and find out that the other interviewer who was supposed to be there "cannot make it" either. I got interviewed by two employees who had no idea what to ask me because they got pulled in last minute. The interview lasted maybe no more than 15 minutes. They told me they would bring me back in for a second interview and they did. The second interview was with the actual hiring manager. It seemed as if she was forced to interview me. I sat down ready to answer her questions and the first thing she tells me is "This may take 10 min or 30 min depending on how many questions you have for me, now go ahead and ask me your questions". She was very unprofessional and rude. The experience for me was awful! It sucks because I thought it was a good company to work for but I am glad things didn't workout because I realized what a terrible company this is to work for (at least this location).