Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions in Portsmouth, NH | Glassdoor

Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions in Portsmouth, NH

Updated Apr 6, 2017

User Experience Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Portsmouth, NH) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with head hunter, phone interview with hiring manager, 2+ months of feedback from head hunter that I was a top candidate.

I gave up and accepted a similar role at another company.

3 months after my initial contact, I've yet to receive any feedback about the status of my application.

Information & Cyber Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Portsmouth, NH) in March 2016.

Interview

Had in person interview at career fair, then spent weeks being bounced around from one department to another via email and phone. Phone interviews with multiple leads from multiple teams due to no one talking to each other, position I was being interviewed for was filled during all of the problems before I was asked if I was even still interested and was interviewed for another position. Extremely frustrating.

Interview Questions

• Are you still interested in this position   1 Answer

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Portsmouth, NH) in February 2016.

Interview

Two HR Screenings, interview with recruiter, then interview with managers, as well as background check. One of those HR screenings was a personality quiz. they are big making sure you fit into company culture. It was mostly, "What would you do in X situation?"

There was no tech interview, however we were asked to supply examples of tech work we had done, so make sure you know yourself.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with someone and didn't agree   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Portsmouth, NH) in September 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter and given a job description. Interviewed on the phone a few days later with the same recruiter. Was given an online evaluation program to fill out. It was a program asking me personality questions. It also took me through a simulation of interacting with a boss during a yearly evaluation and a simulation of interacting with a customer. Then I interviewed in person with a branch manager. Took about a week after completing the online simulation to get an interview in person.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were overwhelmed at your job and how you handled it   Answer Question

Technical Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Portsmouth, NH) in August 2015.

Interview

Had 3 Interviews. One with HR, and 2 with the IT Management. 1 was over phone, 1 was over video, and the last one was in person. The process was very easy, and all of the people I interviewed were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavior questions, describe a time you were innovative, describe a time when you had to be a leader, greatest strength...

Asked very few technical questions besides are you familiar with various software/coding languages. I was not familiar, and they said it was alright as there is plenty of training on the job.
      Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Portsmouth, NH) in August 2015.

Interview

I did a phone screen for a position that I felt I was very well qualified for. The interview went great, but all I got back was a generic email that they found more qualified candidates. That's fine, but it would have been nice to get some feedback.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you are qualified for this role.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Portsmouth, NH) in January 2015.

Interview

Multiple phone and face to face interviews interspersed with waits.
    Very formal process. Never felt that they wanted someone to fill the role.
    It seemed that too many people were involved in the process, and as a candidate began to feel like process was not very welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Summer Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Portsmouth, NH) in November 2014.

Interview

Had the initial phone interview, the interviewer told me he wanted to immediately schedule me for an in person interview at my local branch. I didn't hear from him for a week and a half, so i sent an e-mail. Didn't hear from him for two days so I called and left a voicemail. That day I had received an email scheduling my in person e-mail. I showed up at the branch and the manager was completely unprepared. He admitted to me that he did not even know I was coming until that day. He seemed like a very nice and smart guy, just that the community had bad communication. He then brought up me starting in the spring, to which I responded saying that I was under the impression that I was applying for the summer program. He was clearly confused and just went with it. Extremely unimpressed with the company. I was shocked at such horrible communication for what i thought was a very good business.

Business Systems Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Portsmouth, NH) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very long. I had applied for one position and within a few days I was contacted to do an initial phone interview with the HR recruiter. This was about 30 minutes. After this the HR recruiter passed me off to a scheduling assistant who scheduled me for a two hour panel style interview. When I arrived for the panel style interview only one of the people who was supposed to be there was and another unexpected person. This took the entire duration. After this it took a few weeks to get a response and unfortunately the response was that the requirement was taken from that particular hiring manager. I was then referred to another similar role. From here I was again passed to the scheduling assistant who scheduled me for two hours worth of half hour in person marathon interviews. After this I was contacted by the HR recruiter and within a couple weeks I was scheduled for a second marathon round of 4 interviews. In the end I unfortunately didn't get the job. This was obviously a disappointment but even more so because I had invested so much time into the interview process. All in all I would say the interview process lasted over two months.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Portsmouth, NH) in October 2014.

Interview

Two behavioral interviews
    1) With Campus Recruiter (HR): Asked general questions about school/major and past work experience. They try to gauge your level of technical skill to help decide where they think would be the best team to put you on for the summer
    2) Potential manger: This is the manager for the team that you may be working for. Similar questions about major and past work experience and technical knowledge. They ask about your conflict resolution and leadership skills as well.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time that you had a difficult project and explain how you managed to complete it all in a timely manner?   Answer Question