Liberty Mutual Insurance Product Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Liberty Mutual Insurance Product Analyst Interview Questions

3.1

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Applied to several positions online. Recruiter reached out within a few days and set up a phone screening. Then spoke with a hiring manager on the phone the following week. For third round, the next week, over three days, I spoke with another manager and a director from the company's Boston HQ on the phone and had two in-person interviews in the Seattle office (one with the same hiring manager and a separate interview with the second-level manager). Received an offer two weeks later.
Except for the initial screening, all interviews were "tell me about yourself/background" followed by 3-4 behavioral/STAR questions; pretty standard. The interviewers all had prepared paper templates with the questions and space for their notes on my responses.
Overall, the position seemed like a match. However, I wasn't impressed with the offer. I had already disclosed my current compensation and expectations, and they came in below that, which, given my education and experience didn't make a lot of sense to me. I also wasn't impressed with all four interviewers asking similar questions. While I know it's difficult to coordinate different people's schedules (especially across two time zones) it wasn't very considerate of my time to have four separate interviews spanning three days where I essentially answered the same questions repeatedly (including a hiring manager asking me literally the same question in-person as they had on the phone, and me having to re-answer in full..). Other companies I've interviewed with have been able to manage panel interviews, and I think that's a much better way for applicants. To me, that kind of experience hints at them being disorganized. I would have possibly tried negotiating the offer were it not for that somewhat negative perception and interest from another two companies I'd recently applied to.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to get buy-in from someone/convince them to make a decision.   Answer Question

Offer didn't match salary/benefits I am looking for; interest from other companies for similar positions with better opportunites for my compensation

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Product Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Applied through Inroads program. accepted for phone interview. Made it to the second round. They flew me out and put me in a really nice hotel. Last interview was a full day wiht presentations, and two separate interviews, one inclusing some easy number problem solving skills analysis. Not too bad.

Product Analyst Interview

Interview

Interned for the position in the program and based on my performance was allowed into the job. Most others go through 2-3 rounds of interviews that concentrate on data analysis, problem solving, and learning about the industry fast.

Interview Questions

• What do you do on a daily basis?   1 Answer

Product Analyst Interview

Interview

Was called in for two phone interviews: one with an HR associate and the second with a Director of Product Analysis. After I passed the first two phone interviews, I visited the office for in-person interviews. These consisted of a half hour with a Director of State Operations, followed by two hour long interviews (each with 2 DPAs). There was also a half hour job shadow and an hour long written case study.

Interview Questions

• If your manager is apathetic about giving feedback, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Seattle, WA) in August 2013.

Interview

I was referred by a friend within the department. There were three rounds. The first was a basic screening, which consisted of a resume walk through and a more detailed description of the position. The second round was a skill based interview with a manager within the division. Both of these lasted approximately 45 minutes. The final round is an on-site interview with 6 managers. It started with a job shadow, followed by an hour-long case study, and ends with two 2-on-1 behavioral/skills discussions.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite function in Excel?   1 Answer

Position was too mundane (i.e. full time spreadsheet workhorse), especially given the less than inspiring starting salary.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA).

Interview

Applied on school website, had an on-campus behavioral interview.

After receiving information that I moved to the final round, went to Liberty HQ for an all-day interview. 2 behavioral interviews, one oral case interview, one written case interview, and a delicious lunch. Overall not too difficult of an experience at all, people were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Oral case was about entering a market and pricing a product.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Product Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in February 2013.

Interview

I applied online through Liberty Mutual website. After about two week, I was called to set up a phone interview. This phone interview lasted about 25 minutes. I was asked general questions about my background, prior work experience and communication skills.

Interview Questions

• What role statistics play in data analysis?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question
    • Are you commuting or willing relocating to Seattle downtown? (from metro Seattle)   1 Answer
    • How did your past work experience improved your communication skills? Give examples.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in October 2012.

Interview

The interviewing process was straightforward. Had a one on one interview at my school. Next day, got a phone call from a recruiter saying that I had made it to the final round. Final round interview was an all day event. 2 behavioral interviews, a shadow, written case, and an oral case.

Interview Questions

• The behavioral interview portion was very basic. In both behavioral interviews I was asked to explain a time when I was a member of a team and one of our members was not pulling their weight and what I did to correct the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

Long interview process but they treat you grandly and fly you out to Boston. I got the job but their acceptance rate for internships is kind of low. great place to work. very friendly business culture.

Interview Questions

• The case interview was not too hard but need to keep an open mind while thinking.   Answer Question

Negotiation

didnt negotiate

Product Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2011.

Interview

on campus 1x1 interview followed up by batch day interviews (breakfast, 2 behavioral and 1 case interview, job shadow, lunch, written case interview)

Interview Questions

• Case Interview: How to determine prices when entering a new market   Answer Question