Liberty Mutual Insurance Product Management Summer Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Liberty Mutual Insurance Product Management Summer Intern Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Product Management Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

Selected as "alternate" for on-campus interview for the Boston office. The recruiter was nice. She asked a lot of questions related to data and technology such as:
1) Time you had to gather data from multiple sources
2) Time you had to work with difficult technology

I really didn't think I did very well because I wasn't prepared for these kinds of behavioral questions. I was lucky I was taking an IT class at the time from which I could draw experiences. I got an e-mail maybe 5 days later saying I was selected for a second-round interview in their Boston HQ.

The interviews started early. First, they had you meet for breakfast with previous interns. You got to ask them questions about the product management internship. Then, there was a short presentation. After that, people had the case study and interviews in different order. I had an oral case study first. I was VERY nervous beause it would be my first ever. MAKE SURE YOU BRING A NOTEBOOK OF SOME KIND AND A PEN/PENCIL TO WRITE WITH FOR THE CASE STUDY!!!! It REALLY wasn't that bad. The interviewer was very nice and he really walked me through it and encouraged me. Just know that sometimes you think something is very obvious and so you don't need to say it...but say it! TALK A LOT! Let the interviewer know your thinking process. For my case study, they gave me the scenario of your insurance company trying to enter into a competitive insurance market. You had to talk about the things you would consider before deciding to do. There was some small math involved and I fumbled a little bit there but I think even the interviewer got a little confused. He kept telling me that "my logic and thinking were right" so I think if you here something like that then you're at least on the right track!

Then I had one 45 minute behavioral interview. They asked me questions about working in a group, my biggest accomplishment, etc. The interviewer there was really nice too. I filled up the full 45 minutes.

Then I shadowed someone at liberty who had done the PM internship too. She was very sweet and although we were both talkative, it was hard to fill up the full 45 minutes. But, we got through it and I was taken to my next 45-minute interview.

This second interview was a little more awkward for me. I just didn't feel as comfortable with the second interviewer. He was kind and all, but something didn't click. I answered the questions as best I could. They were similar to the ones I had in my first round interview- very technology oritented. Asked:
1) TIme you had to depend on someone else for a lot of guidance (or something like that)
2) Time you made a mistake (talked about problem with delegating work in a club)

Then we got together with all the other interns and they told us we would be notified within a week. I got a call the next business day (Monday) and they told me I was being offered an internship!

Interview Questions

• Time You had to work with difficult technology. What did you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They place you in the PM department they think you'd do best in. You don't get to choose.