Liberty Mutual Insurance Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Liberty Mutual Insurance Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Sep 28, 2017

101 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

I was very surprised on how unprofessional the manager of the office was. I found it difficult to get a word in because she did all talking and not about the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Columbus, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

This interview was pretty straight forward, but seemed a little unorganized at times. It was pretty easy other than talking about how to sell insurance based on value, since most insurance is very similar.

Interview Questions

• How do you sell on Value?   Answer Question
    • Think of phone companies, other than price how do they sell you, when their products are usually the same.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Westborough, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interviewing process was extremely positive and efficient. Before I received an offer, I had an in-person meeting with a recruiter, many email exchanges, an informational interview over the phone and two formal in-person interviews.

The interviews were on-site which gave me a great accurate glimpse of office culture and the work environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to persuade someone and they weren't on-board with the idea. How did you handle their objections?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

I was submitted as a referral. I got an email for a phone interview. 30 Minute phone interview. The woman who screened me was pretty clipped and seemed like she would be rather doing anything else.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

First it starts with the pre-screen phone interview then if you do well they will forawrd you to an interview with branch manager at the location you are looking to work at then if that goes well there is one more interview with area manager

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to convince someone of something difficult and gain them on your side   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a three part interview process: one over the phone, one with the branch manager, then a final round with the area manager. They asked the standard interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary. During the entire interview process they did primarily focus on how much money potential comes with the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with an upset client?   Answer Question
    • Give me a situation where you were in charge obtaining sales? How did you do it?   Answer Question
    • How much money do you want to make?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

Went through campus recruiting. Brief phone interview followed by another for roughly 30 minutes. All behavioral questions and relevant work experience. Visited office in Atlanta and had a meeting with the manager. Very straightforward questions. The manager was very conversational and wanted to know what I thought about the position. Lastly, shadowed other employees for 45 minutes before leaving.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work in a group and one member did not cooperate.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wallingford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Wallingford, CT) in February 2016.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me over the phone interview. She liked my response and stated she would recommend me to the hiring manager and there will be a date set up in a few days. I received a email from the recruiter asking me if I was still interested in the position and that the hiring manager would like to interview me and I will hear from her in a few days to set up a date. I get a call from the hiring managers assistant to schedule me a 2nd phone interview. After speaking with the hiring manager over the phone, I get a 2nd call from her assistant to set up a in person interview. The recruiter follows up with me and gives me instructions what to be prepared for and that I will need to put together a sales presentation and the recruiter requested she review it prior. Prior to the interview I put together a power point. I sent it over to the recruiter, she replied she loved it and that she felt I would be a great candidate for the position, to call her when I am done.

Interview Questions

• Did you hear from the recruiter or hiring manager to move to the next step?   1 Answer
    • How did the interview end?   1 Answer
    • Marketing questions, who would I market? The hiring managing had me call 15 customers to set up appointments Lasted 2.5 hours.   1 Answer

Application

Interview

I was contacted within a week of applying for the position. The very first interview was over the phone and the last three were face to face. I was also required to present an outline of target markets to sell the product to and why those markets were ideal for Liberty Mutual.

Interview Questions

• How would you market the product and to which markets?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Columbia, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

Initial interview was very short and informal. The second interview, with the zone leader was much more involved, but also fairly informal. I was asked a lot of questions about my previous insurance experience, numbers, and what my sales plan would be. Half the interview was just sort of chatting and gossiping about the industry.