Liberty Mutual Insurance Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Liberty Mutual Insurance Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 1, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

I was submitted as a referral. I got an email for a phone interview. 30 Minute phone interview. The woman who screened me was pretty clipped and seemed like she would be rather doing anything else.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

First it starts with the pre-screen phone interview then if you do well they will forawrd you to an interview with branch manager at the location you are looking to work at then if that goes well there is one more interview with area manager

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to convince someone of something difficult and gain them on your side   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a three part interview process: one over the phone, one with the branch manager, then a final round with the area manager. They asked the standard interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary. During the entire interview process they did primarily focus on how much money potential comes with the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with an upset client?   Answer Question
    • Give me a situation where you were in charge obtaining sales? How did you do it?   Answer Question
    • How much money do you want to make?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

Went through campus recruiting. Brief phone interview followed by another for roughly 30 minutes. All behavioral questions and relevant work experience. Visited office in Atlanta and had a meeting with the manager. Very straightforward questions. The manager was very conversational and wanted to know what I thought about the position. Lastly, shadowed other employees for 45 minutes before leaving.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work in a group and one member did not cooperate.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wallingford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Wallingford, CT) in February 2016.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me over the phone interview. She liked my response and stated she would recommend me to the hiring manager and there will be a date set up in a few days. I received a email from the recruiter asking me if I was still interested in the position and that the hiring manager would like to interview me and I will hear from her in a few days to set up a date. I get a call from the hiring managers assistant to schedule me a 2nd phone interview. After speaking with the hiring manager over the phone, I get a 2nd call from her assistant to set up a in person interview. The recruiter follows up with me and gives me instructions what to be prepared for and that I will need to put together a sales presentation and the recruiter requested she review it prior. Prior to the interview I put together a power point. I sent it over to the recruiter, she replied she loved it and that she felt I would be a great candidate for the position, to call her when I am done.

Interview Questions

• Marketing questions, who would I market? The hiring managing had me call 15 customers to set up appointments Lasted 2.5 hours.   1 Answer
    • How did the interview end?   1 Answer
    • Did you hear from the recruiter or hiring manager to move to the next step?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Columbia, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

Initial interview was very short and informal. The second interview, with the zone leader was much more involved, but also fairly informal. I was asked a lot of questions about my previous insurance experience, numbers, and what my sales plan would be. Half the interview was just sort of chatting and gossiping about the industry.

Application

Interview

I was contacted within a week of applying for the position. The very first interview was over the phone and the last three were face to face. I was also required to present an outline of target markets to sell the product to and why those markets were ideal for Liberty Mutual.

Interview Questions

• How would you market the product and to which markets?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Richmond, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

interview process is phone interview first and then in
    person interview. The phone interview they pretty much ask the basics, what you do and how you do?how was the experience with the current job. how well are u doing?

Interview Questions

• tell me something about yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Rockville, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

The sales manager asks you questions about what stood out to him the most on your resume. Then he asked about sales experience and told me about what it would look like to work for Liberty Mutual on a daily basis.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Interview process was pretty typical for sales jobs at major fortune 500 companies. You will have an initial phone interview if your resume makes it through the HR screening process. Telephone interview, branch interview, and final interview. Extensive background check is typical so I would make sure that all Linkedin and resume dates match up because info is submitted for licensing (this is typical in the Insurance industry). Process took some time as do most major corporate jobs so don't expect to interview and begin working the next day.

Interview Questions

• Can you sell me this pen?
      - Sales chops are important if you want to make it through the interview process.
      Answer Question
    • Can you present to me how you are going to create sales for your business.   Answer Question