Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.9

Surety Underwriting Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

It was an extremely slow process. It took 6 months to get back to me after my initial application was submitted, 2 weeks after the first interview with the recruiter, and then 6 weeks after the manager interview to hear back about anything. There was very little communication between the recruiter and I to prepare too. However, the interview process is pretty standard.

Audit Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Four interview and a case study. the case study was on security and change management. The questions were on It audit controls and behavourial questions followed by lunch the process was very good and interviewers were very friendly

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

was very straight forward. Did not ask very many programming questions and asked a lot of behavioral questions. Told them about projects and accomplishments. They allow you to choose what area you want to get into once you get accepted.

Claims Career Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. I first applied online and took a multi-tasking test that took about 40 minutes. It was simple but time consuming. Then they scheduled me for a phone interview that took about 20 minutes. It was mostly behavioral questions. They called me the next day to set up an in person interview. They said the interview would take three hours, consisting of two one hour interviews with hiring managers and then a one hour job shadow with someone who had completed the program. For me it only took a little over an hour and a half, which is pretty standard I guess. The person who I job shadowed said it took about the same time for his interview process. The interviewers were really nice and they made it seem fairly laid back, which was nice. It was not overly professional. After the interview, they said it would take a week or two for them to get back to me. Overall, it was an enjoyable interview process.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you took an existing process and improved it.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to deal with an unhappy customer. What did you do to resolve the situation.   Answer Question

Claims Career Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview that consisted of going over my resume and asking behavioral questions. Followed up several weeks late with an in person interview and job shadow. In person interview explained more about the job, and 7 or so more behavioral questions. All in all the process was rather disorganized, I wasn't informed when I said I would be following both the phone interview and the in person interview, but the people were all friendly, and seemed happy with their jobs.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to handle a dissatisfied customer?

Tell me about a time you had difficulty working in a group, what was wrong and how did you handle it?
      Answer Question

Analyst Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Excellent hiring staff that were both kind and clear about the responsibilities of the position. There's multiple interviews on a "super day". The case interview is moderate, just practicd generic strategies.

Interview Questions

• When was a time when you had to use data to solve a business problem?   Answer Question

Actuarial Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

First, I had a one hour phone interview with a someone on the actuarial team. The interview was involved a lot of behavior questions and discussion of my resume. Next, I had an onsite interview, which consisted of a one hour introductions to the actuarial development program, then three 40 minute interviews, and a lunch interview with two student actuaries. The three 40 minute interviews were a mix of behavioral, technical, and case study question. The process moved quickly and I heard back within a week after each of the rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Case study questions were both verbal and visual. Given a chart, graph, or table, explain the trends, possible implications on whatever case you were given.   1 Answer

Field Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Seattle, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied through my University's job posting site and first had a phone screening interview with the recruiter. The phone call lasted approximately 30-35 minutes. I was asked questions like:

What do I know about Liberty Mutual?
         What's one thing about Liberty Mutual that I really like?
         Would I be willing to re-locate if I was offered a full-time position upon graduation?

I was selected for the next and final round interview, which was with the senior branch manager. This interview was supposed to last for 45 minutes, but ended up running more than TWO HOURS. Fortunately, there was good conversation and I really enjoyed going back and forth with questions for the branch manager. It was an easy going, person-to-person conversation more than anything.

I've been told that working for management that cares about you is so important, and this was the first time in my life where I got to work with a superstar manager. I was able to work with the branch manager directly on an as needed basis and could clearly tell that they were interested in helping me develop my professional career.

Interview Questions

• What makes you interested in the insurance and financial services field?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not only did they give me an offer, but when I was offered a position--I was still in talks with a couple other companies. They were kind enough to give me 10 business days to accept the offer to ensure that I was making a decision that was best for me and my family. I think that's extremely impressive and speaks volumes about the company culture to me.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Seattle, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

Short version: Received written offer and was told I needed to decline when I said I needed time off (which I'd take unpaid) for my wedding and honeymoon. Do not work for this company if you want to be valued as a human being.

Long version: A recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn. She was very nice and the phone screen went great. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager's boss and that went well. Went in for an in-person in the Seattle office. Again, went pretty well - I received a written offer a few days later. The salary was significantly below what the recruiter had mentioned as the range. I tried to negotiate a little on that and said that the one thing I couldn't negotiate on was the time out that I needed for my wedding and honeymoon 4 months from the interview. Recruiter told me the time off would be fine and she'd see about salary. Get a call a few days later and the recruiter tells me that I need to decline the offer because the hiring manager can't give me the time off after all. She then tells me to let them know "when I have my life together" if I am still interested in working with Liberty Mutual. I will never consider working for this company again.

In retrospect I feel like I dodged a bullet - I can't even imagine the hell the manager would have put me through if I had a health problem or a problem with a child in the future. It seems like a toxic culture that someone in the company needs to address if they want to attract good talent in the Seattle market.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you came in and thought someone who had been here for a while was wrong about something? What if you approached them and said they were right, but you still think they are wrong?   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Seattle, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

Meet with hiring manager for a coffee, discussed what work was required. I explained my relevant experiences. A few days later a arranged some calls with other team members, I was very honest about my experiences and gaps, all the people I spoke to were very kind, not a hard interview. I had another 2 interview calls, both went well, then they offered my the job!!

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have, how do you work   1 Answer