Liberty Mutual Insurance Underwriter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Liberty Mutual Insurance Underwriter Interview Questions

Interviews at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

It took about 2 weeks - I applied throughout the school program which had time slats of 30 minutes. Very stressful, the hiring manager was late for the interview which made it a bit confusing.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that you have to solve a conflict, and what will you do differently if anything!   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview first which was a more difficult interview. Don't take this lightly - prepare answers to difficult questions and research the company. I then had a face to face interview with the manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a new process you implemented in your current position   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

A online test that was crazy and punishing. They require you to log on and do a work day simulation. Reading emails, doing math problems and a few quizzes. They also did the odd personality quiz.

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Very professional process with plenty of communication between the recruiter and I. Very enjoyable experience. The phone interview was structured well compared to other phone interviews I have had. The in person interview was tricky but the interviewers knew how to make the conversation flow.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

I had an initial phone screening followed by an in-person interview with my potential manager. Overall pretty standard interview, roughly half personality and problem solving type questions, with the other half being industry specific knowledge and experience questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you disagreed with a senior person in your office. How did you handle it? What was the result?   Answer Question
    • What are some of your biggest struggles in your current position? What have you done or what could you do to solve those problems?   1 Answer
    • Name your two biggest successes and one failure in the last year. What would you do differently, if anything, to avoid the failure if you could do it again?   Answer Question
    • What are a few things I should know about you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in January 2018.

Interview

Meet with several people and like them all . Went to lunch with folks. It was enjoyable. I have no idea what to write so I am going to keep writing until I reach 30 words. Is this 30 words yet?

Interview Questions

• WHy do you want to be an underwriter.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Walnut Creek, CA).

Interview

Phone interview and in person interview - had to take an assessment on their online portal before you could submit the application - was then contacted over email to set up a time to talk over the phone

Interview Questions

• How have you handled a certain situation in an analytical way?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone conversation with a recruiter, followed by discussion with hiring manger. At that point, they brought me in to the home office to interview with 2 managers and a peer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a tough conversation you had, and how you effectively delivered the message   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Aliso Viejo, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a two on one interview, with standard "Tell me a time when... " questions. Nothing too bad, but I did happen to see that they had a ton of people interviewing for the position, so there was a lot of competition.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to make a difficult choice.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

Very laid back--they were impressed that I knew what an underwriter was. I applied, got an email to take an exam (mostly logic questions). After that, I got a phone call from a recruiter the next day. We scheduled a phone interview, then 3 weeks later I met with the RVP, AVP, and my manager

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult experience you've had providing customer service   Answer Question