Liberty Mutual Insurance Underwriter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Liberty Mutual Insurance Underwriter Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

I had an initial phone screening followed by an in-person interview with my potential manager. Overall pretty standard interview, roughly half personality and problem solving type questions, with the other half being industry specific knowledge and experience questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you disagreed with a senior person in your office. How did you handle it? What was the result?   Answer Question
  • What are some of your biggest struggles in your current position? What have you done or what could you do to solve those problems?   1 Answer
  • Name your two biggest successes and one failure in the last year. What would you do differently, if anything, to avoid the failure if you could do it again?   Answer Question
  • What are a few things I should know about you?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview first which was a more difficult interview. Don't take this lightly - prepare answers to difficult questions and research the company. I then had a face to face interview with the manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a new process you implemented in your current position   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

It took about 2 weeks - I applied throughout the school program which had time slats of 30 minutes. Very stressful, the hiring manager was late for the interview which made it a bit confusing.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that you have to solve a conflict, and what will you do differently if anything!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Aliso Viejo, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a two on one interview, with standard "Tell me a time when... " questions. Nothing too bad, but I did happen to see that they had a ton of people interviewing for the position, so there was a lot of competition.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to make a difficult choice.   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

The interview process was typical for the industry. I think I went through three meetings, the last one was to discuss salary and benefits. I have to write more, but I don't think that more is necessary. Be prepared, have a resume, look nice and know what you are talking about and you should be fine.

Underwriting Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

All behavioral questions for the first round. Typical questions that ask you to tie in your resume with traits. I would recommend just knowing your resume. Also be prepared to answer questions about strengths and weaknesses. Also know a little about what the position does and why LIberty Mutual.

Interview Questions

• What is the item that you are most proud of on your resume?   Answer Question

Underwriting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

I applied for a summer underwriting intern position in San Francisco.
    The preliminary interview was over the phone with a recruiter and then there was an in-person interview with the hiring managers.
    One of the interview questions was:

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when it was important for you to develop a relationship and how you developed that relationship.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Richmond, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by the regional manager and a recently hired employee who started off in the same intern position. The feel of the interview was more of an ongoing relaxed conversation more than a straight question answer format, with the interviewer also giving their insight on questions and either disagreeing or agreeing with yours or each others opinions.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was tedious. There was a phone interview and 3 separate interviews with different managers. They asked behavioral questions as they knew that I didn't have background in underwriting.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about LM?
      What do you know about underwriting?
      Answer Question

Application

Interview

Applied online through Liberty Mutual website. Received a call about two weeks later to tell me a little bit about the internship, what it entailed, and to answer any basic questions I had. Set up a date and time for a phone interview/screen. Phone interview lasted about 45 minutes. Rapid fire with mostly all behavioral questions. Started off with asking where and whom I learned about the internship from and why exactly I was interested in interning with Liberty Mutual and why as an Underwriting Intern. Heard back from them less than 2 weeks later to set up an on-site interview. Stay tuned...

Interview Questions

• Why specifically do you want to work for Liberty Mutual?   Answer Question

Had better offer.