Liberty Mutual Insurance Underwriting Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Liberty Mutual Insurance Underwriting Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Liberty Mutual Insurance

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Charlotte, NC) in March 2012.

Interview

Panel of 3 people
It was more of a personality interview than a skill interview

Interview Questions

• What is your nationality
    Why you move here to North Carolina from New York
    What the difference living here in Charlotte VS New York   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I got an email from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. First interview was just behavior type question, "tell me about a time when...." After that I was scheduled another phone interview with a hiring manager at their corporate office in Boston. More behavioral questions. Finally I interviewed with 3 different people in the Chicago office. These interviews were much more casual and conversational. They asked me a little about myself and told me a lot about the position and the office environment.

Interview Questions

• Just make sure you have a ton of possible scenarios to use for the "tell me about a time" questions   Answer Question

Underwriter Assistant Interview

Interview

Pleasant process- phone interview with the recruiter on my experience and was able to do a Skype interview with 2 managers the next week. The following week I was offered the position contingent on the background check, which was told should be about 2 weeks.. the managers were very nice and set a comfortable tone.

Interview Questions

• tell me how I prioritize my desk... tell me a time when you .....mostly behavioral questions..   Answer Question

Negotiation

Able to negotiate salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

Applied for a position there after working for the company a couple of years. My latest position was eliminated. Unfortunately, my resume was rejected even though I am a former employee that left the company in good standing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied on line and received a response the next day. Had a phone interview with the recruiter and it went well. He asked a couple of behavioral questions and asked to describe the first thing that comes to mind. I was told I'd get an email within the next 2 weeks. Received an email a day before the 2 week mark and was asked to meet with the manager. I met with the manager and was really asked nothing but two or three questions at the most. The manager talked about the position more than anything and seemed to be in a rush. I felt as if I was being interviewed just because I was already scheduled. I received an email exactly two weeks after the interview advising that I would not get an offer. The whole process took about a little over a month.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you had to assist a customer with an urgent request and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

Submitted an online application and received a call back/email from HR a week later for phone interview. Was contacted 2 days later by HR to schedule a face to face interview. Essentially had 3 different interviews the same day. Spoke with UW supervisor, UW manager, and an Underwriter to see if I would be a good fit for the role and the rest of the team. The interview was professional and easy going. They really made me feel welcomed. Next steps after initial face to face will be to speak with a higher up from corporate office via telephone (haven't yet gotten to this stage). Was informed that the hiring process is a little lengthy and may take up to 2 months before a decision is made. No difficult or tricky questions; the STAR method is used during the interview so prepare to talk about past experiences and how you've dealt with those situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a peer or supervisor, and did you resolve that issue? Why are you interested in working for Liberty Mutual? Talk about a time you had to take the initiative on a task or project and how did you sway your manager or peer to agree to it? Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied on the company website. Received a phone interview request a couple days later. The day after the phone interview I received an in person interview request. Three separate interviews, roughly 30 minutes each.

The interviews were conversation and very friendly. Typical interview questions, a couple behavioral questions too. If you prepare by knowing what skills they are looking for and having a few stories in mind to use as example you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• Name an achievement?   Answer Question
    • What's your stance on quality vs quantity of work?   Answer Question
    • If you were given an assignment you know you cannot complete on time, what would you do?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Mahwah, NJ) in March 2018.

Interview

I submitted my resume through a recruiter and was scheduled for an interview 3 business days following the submission. I find out abruptly on the day before the interview that my interview was canceled because the hiring manager chosen to give an offer to the candidate they interviewed that day instead of allowing me to interview the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dallas, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview with Senior Management to discuss insurance background and underwriting experience; Details of multi-line experience & multi-state experience. What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses?

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite line of insurance to work with?   1 Answer

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Interview

The recruiters need better communication with the candidate and the interviewer. I missed out on an interview because the company recruiter failed to give me the name of the interviewer(s) when I requested it in a timely manner and went on vacation. I thought it was strange, since the recruiter email said I was confirmed for that time. When I asked who I would be seeing, she said she would need to get it confirmed and let me know. I replied thanks, and I please send me the information. No reply. I emailed her again and nothing. I finally called and that is when the out of office voice message came on saying she was on vacation and to contact the general email address. I did, but no reply. I tried again the day of the interview but no reply. I thought that they were not interested anymore. I got a call (voicemail) from the interview asking me if there was a miscommunication and if I was still interested. I was driving at the time and couldn't call back. I replied within the hour and got his voicemail. I left a nice message explaining the situation and that I was still interested. I also emailed him. I followed again with the general email box and they said they apologized for the delay and that I didn't get the information. Nothing about an interview. I then emailed the interviewer, who said he was not ignoring me, but trying to figure out what happened. Within the hour, I got a call form the original recruiter saying they went with someone else, apologized, and also said that my email address used on to register on the company site was different than my resume. I told them that my email had my name and email address to use, and my cell number, and at no time before did the recruiter mention anything about my email address being different on my resume from the registration.