Liberty National Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Liberty National Life Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2017

1.8

Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Liberty National Life.

Interview

They brought a large group of people into the room and gave a company overview/ presentation and a personality assessment. Then decided who to bring back by just the personality test and questions. Different experience but not bad.. I enjoyed learning about the company I may work for.

Field Training Manager Interview

Interview

3 Step Process. You'll sit with a manager and if they like you they'll have you immediately stay for an hour long presentation about their company, if you like it, then you can formally apply for the final interview and they will decide if they want to select you.

Benefits Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altamonte Springs, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Liberty National Life (Altamonte Springs, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

Got a phone call about this position and immediately asked if it involved sales or recruiting. Was told "no" on the phone, so I accepted the interview. From the email I received, it appeared this would be a one-on-one interview. Not the case.

When I got there, there were already two candidates in front of me filling out a piece of paper and handing their resume over to the receptionist.

Great, it's a group interview. Red Flag number one.

Had a brief one-on-one with Dan Dowling, who convinced me this might be a good opportunity for me, so I decided to move forward into the group interview with information.

Selling on us on how much money we can make a week. Red Flag number two.

Having to pay out of pocket to get an insurance license to work here. Red Flag number three.

It wasn't clear if this job was strictly commission from this group interview, so I did my research online. I should have done my research in the first place. It's 100% commission based, driving around, shilling benefits plans to HR Directors.

Yeah, because I'm going to leave my hourly + commission job for a commission only job where, according to GlassDoor and Indeed reviews, that you might not even get your money after working your butt off or not make any at all.

Advice to Liberty National Life: be upfront and don't waste people's time. I wasted time I could've been recruiting listening to this nonsense.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty National Life (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Applied online by sending in resume, got an email back within a week to set a time with the agency director. Went in for the first round interview, which was a brief "get to know you" style to meet with some of the sales representatives. Got through to round two on the first day, which was the one of the agency directors explaining the company for about an hour. Filled out a questionnaire about my strengths, and had an exit feedback sheet. Agency director informed the group that if anything stuck out, they would call by the end of the day. Got the call and came in for the third interview which was the agency owner letting me know the responsibilities of the job and getting signed up with the appropriate paperwork.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 words that a previous employer would use to describe you?   1 Answer

Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, GA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Liberty National Life (Gainesville, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

You will go through about a 10-minute interview with one of the managers to determine if you are a good fit. If you are a good fit then you will listen to a 45 minute presentation by the agency owner. Then you will go back with the manager and have a more lengthy interview. If the manager still likes you then you'll be invited back for a follow-up in which they will present more detail of the position and go over the sales process.

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty National Life (Austin, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Horrible experience with the Mayo Agencies-dishonest recruiting, total waste of time. Was told I had a one on one interview but when I showed up, it turned out to just be sales pitch with 30 other candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Liberty National Life (Grand Prairie, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

So I applied via indeed and then got an email saying they would like me to come in for an interview. When I went I had to fill out a form and go into the first of three interview stages. The first stage seemed pretty simple and the only question I remember is "what can you tell me about yourself that is not on your resume?" This seemed fine and I moved on to the next stage which was a group presentation. Did I mention that there were A LOT of people there to be interviewed? Anyways, the presentation is about the company and the guy who did it seemed to be trying too hard to convince us of how much money we could make (I should have taken this as a sign, but I really wanted to get a job asap). One thing that struck later on was having to pay $50 to "sign up" for the job. Also, the presentation said almost nothing about what a training manager would do, and that's what I was interested in since that's the position I applied for. So after the group presentation they tell you that you'll get a call back by the end of the day if you were selected to move forward to the last interview. And the owner of this branch Brent Dawkins called me himself and said I was invited back. I showed up the next day thinking that I was going to be interviewed by the owner (which is what they had said) but I wasn't. I was pretty straight forward in the interview though and told them that if it was a strictly commissions based opportunity then I would have to decline and so I did.
    I'm sure that people who work their enjoy what they are doing and do make money but they lacked integrity in how the job was advertised, waiting until the last second to tell you exactly what you would be hired to do. But I guess that's what you get from a job that requires you to pay $50 to sign up, right?!

Interview Questions

• How competitive are you on a scale from 1-10?
      Do you think this is something you would want to do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Liberty National Life (Grand Prairie, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I was baited with a "Field Training Manager" position that was advertised as a "SALARY" This is to get you into the interview. After the 1st 10 sec interview you are whisked away to a conference room with 10+ others and shown the bottom line: We said we need trainers but really we need agents. Oh and this is 100% commission by the way! No gas reimburse, no start up wages, no hourly wage, no health benefits! NADA! And it is a pyramid scheme. SMH. I could go on and on but it was "The Dawkins Agency" in Grand Prairie TX of the bait and switch. The job is real and real people do make money, that is if you can work 2-3 months with no real pay. RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!

Entry Level Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty National Life in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email the very next day to set up an interview. When I showed up for the interview there were several other candidates there (which was awkward). They talked to me individually for two minutes and then they put all the candidates in a room and they try to sell you on the company. After this they talk to you again individually and this is when I informed them I wasn't interested. Turns out this company basically posts several different job titles and they are all the same job (Entry level sales). I was not interested in sales at all and being paid 100% on commission. Basically the whole thing is a scam. All this company is looking for is sales reps.

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Metairie, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty National Life (Metairie, LA) in June 2017.

Interview

Scam. The company uses job boards to advertise for positions that they are not actually hiring for to get face time with candidates, and then tries to convince the candidate to accept a sales position instead using propaganda material inferring how wealthy the candidate can become by joining the company. Waste of everyone's time.

Interview Questions

• "Do you mind if we bait and switch you?"   1 Answer