Liberty Tax Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 15, 2017

1.8

Back End, MISC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I got a call from a person who saw my resume on CareerBuilder and they wanted to interview me, I asked if they had any positions on the back end of the organizations since I really don't want to work with customers/clients, and the person assured me that they do, so I schedule and interview in Los Angeles, CA in September 2016. Once I get the email confirmation, they tell me that they don't have parking and to park in the Taco Bell across the street, uhm, okay. When I get there, I have to fill out some paper work, general application stuff, name, phone, email, where I live, past job experience, why I want to work there, etc.
    Once I finish that, I get to talk to a manager, she goes on and on about their taxing services and how to be a tax preparer, yada yada yada. She explains to me that to be hired there is an 8 week process that's free, except the $250 in books, just one exam, open book, and once I pass (with a C or higher) I am guaranteed a job. Yes, a part-time position with work only 6 months of the year! Oh goody.
    Let me give you a little backstory, I'm a recent graduate with a B.S. in Business, I'm not going to school again to work part-time for only 6 months! Ridiculous!
    I explain to her that the person on the phone told me there were back end positions available, and she says no, that everyone hired has to pass this taxing exam.
    She never asks any questions about my experience or anything, and the interview ends there with a promise of a call for further information, which I never receive to my relief. That whole ordeal was a waste of my time.

Anonymous Employee in Clarksburg, WV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (Clarksburg, WV).

Interview

Met with owner did personality quiz worked on paperwork also test on computers was introduced to the liberty tax softwsre was quiz an tested in computer software also was taught to prepare taxes on paper was introduced to a pub seventeen.was also taught about the continuously changing tax ruled an law's was taught that the preparation is constantly changing

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (Bronx, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I was introduced to liberty tax services during a career job fair. I was called for an interview a few days after then I met with the manger and got accepted.

Interview Questions

• are you interested in preparing tax   1 Answer

Production Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (Louisville, KY) in May 2016.

Interview

Fill out Application,then tell potential employers work / education history, why I deserve the job, tell about myself so employers can more understand who I am,some questions are standard and corny. They said I would get an email letting me know either way if I got opportunity for next process but I never received that email.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this job?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service.

Interview

phone interview, then in office.

Asked about years of experience in tax preparation, if certified and have prep number...

Costumed Waver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cheyenne, WY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (Cheyenne, WY) in February 2016.

Interview

I did not really have a formal interview. I walked in to get an application after seeing an advertisement and was given the application and hired and started working after I finished filling out the application

Interview Questions

• Do you have time to fill out the application now?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (Phila, PA).

Interview

I went through their free rapid tax class. No interview just must be able to retain the information taught during the week and pass a test at the end. The class is a week long and teaches you all the basics on taxes and how to prepare them correct and legally.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (Garden City, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

Once you pass the classes, the owner will approach you for employment or give you an application to apply. Throughout the class they are watching and monitoring you. Once you pass the classes, the owner will approach you for employment or give you an application to apply. Throughout the class they are watching and monitoring you. Process is unique to each owner.

Tax Preparer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (Jackson, MS) in January 2016.

Interview

i was a returning preparer no interview was needed and no question was asked accept what hours did i want to work, I chose 4:30pm to 9:00pm and what days of the week can i work. monday thru friday

Anonymous Employee in The Colony, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (The Colony, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was conducted after completion of Liberty Service Tax School. Had the opportunity to me the owner on many occasions and learned the company culture. Liked the "family business"
    atmosphere. Many opportunities offered for advancement.

Interview Questions

• What was your previous job.   1 Answer