Liberty Tax Service Tax Preparer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 16, 2017

1.7

41 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Clinton, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (Clinton, MS) in January 2017.

Interview

was already taking tax classes with the manager and I passed the test and paid for my tax id so manager gave me an opportunity to work... the interview was normal asked basic interview questions and once again manager was already familiar with who i was so i was an immediate hire

Interview Questions

• Do you understand your obligations as a tax preparer? And give me some examples of due diligence...   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Tax Service

Anonymous Employee in Dawsonville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (Dawsonville, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

In order to make it to the interview process, you must first complete their tax preparation class. Once you have completed the full course and completed the exams required, then you are invited to an interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work a flexible schedule?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (New York, NY).

Interview

If you take the class and pas the Liberty test you can usually have a job. There is no experience required and there is no interview process. They are happy with a warm body as little training as they can squeeze by with.

Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service.

Interview

I was asked about prior work experience, I was asked what position I wanted. I was given training for 8 weeks non-paid. The work is challenging but fun. It is very much so worth working at Liberty Tax Service.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

you get a base pay plus bonus. The bonus and pay is based on knowledge.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

Very brief, took about 30 minutes and the person who interviewed me did a good job. The are flexible with what hours you can work with. They come across as really wanting you to succeed.

Interview Questions

• Is it okay that this position is only for four months?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (Jackson, MS) in January 2016.

Interview

i was a returning preparer no interview was needed and no question was asked accept what hours did i want to work, I chose 4:30pm to 9:00pm and what days of the week can i work. monday thru friday

Anonymous Employee in Taylors, SC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (Taylors, SC) in January 2016.

Interview

responded to questions that the interviewer asked. Took about .5 hour. Done during day. Interviewer made job offer at specified hourly wage and gave date and time. Interview held in the office.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2015.

Interview

Liberty Tax basically will hire anyone that passes their exams. They will train you and prepare you for the test, and if you fail you get the chance to try again. They really ensure that you succeed, but only if you are putting forth the effort. The con is that you will spend many hours/days studying and practicing tax law without compensation.

Interview Questions

• The formal interview had generic questions like, "how would your friends describe you?"   Answer Question

Tax Preparer Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service.

Interview

I Had an interview with a recruiter in the Bronx. It was more of an informative interview, I was asked about my availability and education level. They told me about the necessary training, pay structure, and continuing education requirements.

Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service.

Interview

You just need to attend their tax class and pass liberty tax test, then you will need to get PTIN from IRS to be able to work as a tax preparer