Liberty Tax Service Tax Preparer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Liberty Tax Service Tax Preparer Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2016

1.7

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (New York, NY).

Interview

If you take the class and pas the Liberty test you can usually have a job. There is no experience required and there is no interview process. They are happy with a warm body as little training as they can squeeze by with.

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Tax Service

Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service.

Interview

I was asked about prior work experience, I was asked what position I wanted. I was given training for 8 weeks non-paid. The work is challenging but fun. It is very much so worth working at Liberty Tax Service.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

you get a base pay plus bonus. The bonus and pay is based on knowledge.

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (Jackson, MS) in January 2016.

Interview

i was a returning preparer no interview was needed and no question was asked accept what hours did i want to work, I chose 4:30pm to 9:00pm and what days of the week can i work. monday thru friday

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2015.

Interview

Liberty Tax basically will hire anyone that passes their exams. They will train you and prepare you for the test, and if you fail you get the chance to try again. They really ensure that you succeed, but only if you are putting forth the effort. The con is that you will spend many hours/days studying and practicing tax law without compensation.

Interview Questions

• The formal interview had generic questions like, "how would your friends describe you?"   Answer Question

Tax Preparer Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service.

Interview

I Had an interview with a recruiter in the Bronx. It was more of an informative interview, I was asked about my availability and education level. They told me about the necessary training, pay structure, and continuing education requirements.

Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service.

Interview

You just need to attend their tax class and pass liberty tax test, then you will need to get PTIN from IRS to be able to work as a tax preparer

Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service.

Interview

I applied online through my college career board site. Got called for interview which was really simple. I was immediately offered the job and training was provided before starting.

Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service.

Interview

you take a class pay $20 for a book if you pass a class you're offered a position in have to pay $65 for the tax liscense, the class lasts for 6 weeks and you have to also pass a test from the IRS, you get 10 chances to take the test so it's almost impossible to fail

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (Jacksonville, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Your show up basically for a sales pitch for various jobs and then they schedule you for classes. The classes are not hard at all pretty simple, to this day I find it amazing that people actually pay to have this service done instead of doing it for themselves. If they like you they bring you on,

Interview Questions

• None really after the sales presentation they just ask if you are interested and if so what class do you want to sign up for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Azusa, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (Azusa, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I took tax preparation classes at this liberty tax office and upon finishing the course and passing the test, I was offered a job.
    No other testing was required and there was basically no interview process or questions to be answered.