Liberty Travel Travel Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Liberty Travel Travel Agent Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2017

2.2

Travel Agent Interview

Interview

Applied online, received an email for an interview the next two days. The interview lasted 30 minutes. There were three people that did the interview. The recruiter asked if this position is something that I would like to do at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Travel

Travel Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Liberty Travel.

Interview

Online application. Was contacted via email a few days later to set up a time for a phone interview. Interview lasted less than 30 minutes. Basic questions about experience and travel. Moved onto a background check immediately following phone interview which took about a week. Also prompted to complete a brief question via email. Next was an in person interview on location. Supposed to last 30 minutes but varies. I was there for over an hour.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation on base salary.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Liberty Travel (Newark, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

They asked to sell a vacation to them- role playing- phone interview and in person interview. Basics questions. Drug test. Background test. Went into store and answered phones and did basic skills. Shown how things are run. Took geography courses.

Travel Agent Interview

Interview

It was very brief it only lasted about ten minutes. I felt like I didn't do well but I recieved an e mail that welcomed me to move on to the next phase of the interview process

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for liberty travel?   1 Answer
    • Where have you travelled to? Try and sell me the place you travelled to   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be prepared to describe the vacations you have been on and try and sell it to the interviewer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Travel (Wilmington, DE) in August 2015.

Interview

Hiring process was prolonged due to personnel's ineptness. In-store assessment had to be rescheduled due to poor communication between HR & store. Was kept waiting at store for over 20 minutes for 2 minute instructional interview where I was told to answer store phones and reply to a misleading email.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you didn't meet sales goals?   Answer Question

Travel Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Travel in June 2015.

Interview

First I applied online, a day later I got an email to set up a phone interview. One week later I had my phone interview, which was about 30minutes. Very easy, they asked questions regarding my resume, if I have travelled, why would I like to work for liberty etc. next I was prompted to complete some online assessments. They say it takes 45 minutes but plan for a little bit longer than that. I also submitted my information for an extensive background check (which took 4 days for them to complete). Once I cleared background check, an in store assessment was scheduled with the store team leader. Be prepared to answer the phone, and a couple other tasks! The process can be a little lengthy but totally worth the wait!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiations for salary. All travel agents start at $30,000/yr + commission

Travel Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Travel in April 2015.

Interview

Applied and within 24 hours I heard back about picking a time for an interview. It took a whole week to have the phone interview. We discussed a few things off of my resume and it was pretty basic. The interview only lasted 10 minutes and was pretty easy. It was rushed and I feel like I didn't get to explain much.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Liberty Travel (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Easy questions such as "Why do you want to work with us" or "how many countries have you ever visited". Also she asked me about my last job, what kind of role I had in the company and which computer programs I am familiar with. It took me 20 minutes. The girl was very nice and polite.

Travel Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liberty Travel.

Interview

The agent who called me from the main headquarters was very, very unprofessional. It sounded like she was talking to me from her cell phone. The questions I couldn't hear. I asked her to repeat them and she was nasty and rude to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Travel (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received an email to schedule for a phone interview.. Phone interview wasn't too bad, few simple questions about your experience etc..I then got an email for a Skype interview with Rebecca the recruiter...Skype interview went well.. She then emailed me pdf files to fill out (references, authorize background check and work history).. 7 PAGES I HAD TO FILL OUT AND SCAN, then Email them back TO HER.. Then I did the longest assessment ever. I emailed her and let her know that everything was done. NO RESPONSE. A week later I get a bs copy and paste email saying that they weren't moving forward with my application. I was told from my previous job that Liberty Travel called in reference to my past enployment. I specially put on my application don't call that employer because the employees that work there are new and they don't know of me. Liberty travel nosed into my credit report and my personal business just to say oh well we're not going to hire you. Smh a big waste of everyone's time. After all the back and forth the least they could've done is call me and say they weren't considering me anymore instead of sending a bs email

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer? Describe your work experience   Answer Question