Lidl District Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 31, 2017

2.6

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lidl (Arlington, VA).

Interview

I was asked if I could fly to Arlington, VA for an interview. HR was suppose to schedule my flight. I had to call multiple times and continued following up since I never received flight confirmation. Every time I called the HR they would say "oh yeah, let me do that now" but didn't happen until the day before I was suppose to leave and my name was spelled incorrectly on the ticket. After the interview I was told they would contact me no later than the beginning of the following week (4 business days). Two weeks later they issued an offer (and claimed they called me the week before- no missed calls on my end) and gave me less than 48 hours to decide. I had received another offer early that week (higher salary). I countered the offer via email- HR asked me to call later that day. The call lasted 30 seconds and consisted of the HR rep stating my counter offer was "excessive" and that if I received another offer I should take that one (in a tone that was opposite of pleasant). Overall unprofessional and sad. I wished them best of luck- seems like they will need it.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Lidl

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Neckarsulm (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lidl (Neckarsulm (Germany)) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview with 3 HR directors. Very direct. They asked why I left my current job. What are my weaknesses. What are my strengths. They had all poker faces. The interview was just questions. They even did not tell anything about the company. They alternate by asking questions. The interview was in a very negative tone. Like we are not interested in you.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sintra (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Lidl (Sintra (Portugal)).

Interview

2 rounds of interviews with 2 senior managers, then a final with Regional Manager.
    Questions are straight forward they are purely looking for attitude and whether you can be moulded to the Lidl way.

Interview Questions

• [Moving an object from the edge of the table to the centre]
      "If you ask an employee to do this, and he only does this"
      [Move object half way]
      "What would you say?" "What has happened and how do you prevent it from happening again?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

They give you a standard offer, there is no negotiation.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lidl (London, England (UK)) in August 2010.

Interview

Sent CV and CL. Was invited for 1:1 Interview with Manager. Had an easy, relaxed interview. He spent some time explaining about the company and the role which I was interested, and then asked questions about my education, work experiences. So dont worry, the interview stage is relatively easy. Be confident and you will get an offer.

Interview Questions

• What management skills I have. How many people I have ever managed. Etc   Answer Question

This company is not for me.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lidl (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2010.

Interview

cv, then group interview in the headoffice, with numeracy tests, role play involving teams of suppliers and purchasing working on a deal. then a tour of one of the shops to check commercial acumen,
    last individula interview

Negotiation

no neg