Lids Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lids Assistant Manager Interview Questions

1.8

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lids (Danville, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

Met at the store and proceeded to the food court for an approximately 20 minute sit down. Lively interview with an excited Store Manager. After the initial interview, expect a follow up interview with the District Manager before an offer is extended.

Interview Questions

• Where do see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lids

Anonymous Employee in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lids (Olympia, WA).

Interview

I was taken to the back. I talked about my experience. She offered me a position. The pay was unclear. From my knowledge I was to be paid the minimum amount I would offer. This is what I was thinking because we did not talk about pay ever. Not until After I accepted and started my paperwork.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Lids (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Very relaxed and easy interview.
    I originally went through the store manager who asked very easy questions and honestly didn't seem to care much about my answers.
    Then since I was going to be a keyholder I had to have an interview with the DM. Mine was over the phone, but some are in person.
    He asked very similar questions and that was more like a conversation than anything. Basically the same questions are the first interview, but he asked follow up questions and seemed to care more.
    Most stores ask the same questions that they've basically been told to ask, but various managers will add their own as well.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at lids?   1 Answer
    • What do you consider good customer service?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself ___ years from now?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Lids (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

The district manager was really friendly but not too involved or happy when doing the interview. She said that you'd get a good amount of hours and have fun

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Lids (Bethesda, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, interviewed with the district manager, about 3 days later emailed me to say he was interested and wiuld start a background check and will call me that day to negotiate salary and details. He never called. A week later i emailed him to remind me that he was supposed to call me and never did. We rescheduled it. He stood me up again. I decided to just let it go and took an offer with another company who was much more serious and fast about who they wanted to hire. really easy inyerview though, just be yourself. And the DM is really laid back

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lids in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process went smoothly. GM and the DM were great people and really listen and gave me an opportunity tell about what I can bring to the table and had faith in me to getting the job done. The interview process didn't really take long after the 1st one, was asked to come back for a 2nd interview right there. Waited a week cause the DM was on vacation. Had a great interview with the DM and I was offered the job 2 days later.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lids.

Interview

I was recruited through a online job site. I received an email to schedule an interview. I had a face to face interview with the current manager. I then had a second interview with the District Manager over the phone. I was offered the job after the interview. Overall it was pretty laidback interview process.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my past work experiences and resume. Questions how I would handle situations that would occur on the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lids (Auburn Hills, MI).

Interview

Interviewing for this postion was with the store manager first, then with the district manager. I heard back a few days after the second interview

Interview Questions

• Asking about hats. As a female i dont have a favortie hat story.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple very little noegotiation took place. They offered a fair wage

Anonymous Employee in Wheaton, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lids (Wheaton, MD).

Interview

Saw hiring add in careerbuilder. Called store manager and was told to come fill out an application. We talked for a few minutes and was told he felt good about our convo. Got a call a couple days later which was a phone interview. Got a call about a week later to come in for a formal interview. Very simple questions were asked in my opinion, because I already had management experienced. Was told he had a few other candidates to interview, but he thought I was fit for the full time ASM position. Got a call a week later saying I'm moving into the next step which was interviewing with the DSM. Very simple interview with easy questions. Was told by him that he thought I was a perfect match for the position. Just had to wait for my background check to come back. A few days later gotta call saying my background was clear and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really. Kind of a take it or leave it decision.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lids (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2012.

Interview

Talked with the store manager and she was impressed with my skills a week later talked to district manager three days later background check was back and offered a position.