Lids Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 10, 2017

2.0

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lids (Charlotte, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Manager hired me on the spot as I presented how I had years of experience working in retail! I presented to him my resume and explained how my past/previous positions made me into the strong sales associate I am today - and how I can bring those skills to their store and use to give guest a awesome shopping experience!

Interview Questions

• How many hours was I looking to receive?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lids

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Lids (Plantation, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

I came into the store and went to the first associate I saw and asked for the manager. She said the manager was out so she could do my interview for him. We do the interview inside of the store standing up next to the cash register. It was quick and easy, she asked very easy questions that blew over my head. She said she would give my resume to the manager and she will tell him how it went and that my interview went GREAT. So she said she will call me in 1 week. She didn't call me so I called her and she was like give me another week so both weeks went by so I'm assuming I didn't get the job. It sucked because I really did need it badly, and they fooled me.

Anonymous Employee in Humble, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lids (Humble, TX).

Interview

Very brief, very straight to the point. didn't waste my time and were laid back. I honestly built a relationship with the management on the spot and that fostered relationship got me a the job

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lids (Cleveland, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

Met the manager. They only talked about the store. Then they had me to met the other person that worked that worked there. They did a walk through of the store. Manager seemed a little hurried.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lids (Stockton, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty basic. The manager was late so i had to wait 15 minutes to start the interview. When the manager came, he didn't even interview me he told the assistant manager to interview me. She just walked me around the mall and asked basic question about why i wanted to work there. Overall a really easy interview but i noticed that if you have no work experience then you probably won't get the job.

Anonymous Employee in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lids (West Covina, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was fairly short and relaxed. Asked about sports, leadership, and why I would want to work for em...questions like tht...it wasn't that hard of an interview...also asked questions about availability and how many hours willing to work. The interviewer was the supervisor there and she was very nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Lids (Greenville, SC) in August 2015.

Interview

Not good at all I was promised a job and didnt get it. I called everyday for over a month and did not get a good response on why I wasnt called in to do my paper work

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lids (Albany, GA).

Interview

Applied online and received a call for an interview about a week later. Interview took 9 minutes. Took place right in middle of store. Interview went great. The manager even said that herself. Said she was going to call her dm and would get back to me. I never heard from her again. Not sure what happened, I felt sure I had the job after how well it went. The manager even said I answered questions better than any other candidate and had answers no one else had. Very disappointing. Everything else about the actual interview was awesome though.

Interview Questions

• if you were one sale away from making the days goals and it was 30 minutes to close, what would you do to try and get the sale needed?   Answer Question
    • a customer has an outfit that's black hot pink and lime green. the only hat you have that matches is black and lime green. what would you do to make the sale?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lids.

Interview

Awful. One of the managers that worked there took a liking to me and insisted that I quit my job and work with them. After little consideration (they were going to pay me more and better hours), i decided yeah why the hell not! The manager liked me so much that he even let me in on a secret of the application process, there was a green folder for "good" applicants and a red folder for "bad" applicants. If the employee who is handed an application by an applicant, he shortly goes over the application and if you see errors that would portray a "bad" employee, toss it in the red folder where it will never be looked at again. Unless of course the applicant comes back and asks what happened, they have it on file as required by law. The funny part is i never recieved a phone call or any progressive steps in the application process. I guess i go into the red folder even though whenevr i came back it was in the green folder.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lids (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy, the manager was really nice, the process took about 10-15 minutes. The interview went really smoothly, just use your logic to answer the questions, they're pretty basic and related to the position you applied for. I waited about a week after the interview to receive an email telling me I didn't get the job but that they'll let me know when they have another job opening.

Interview Questions

• Do you like sports?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if there was a customer that seemed very dissatisfied/upset?   1 Answer