Lids Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 15, 2017

1.6

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lids (Nashville, TN) in August 2017.

Interview

Short and to the point it was a interview just getting to know my skills and the company the district manager asked about my background and about my retail experience

Other Interview Reviews for Lids

Anonymous Employee in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lids (Myrtle Beach, SC) in January 2016.

Interview

Long interview basically asking me if I thought I'd be a good fit for the position. Talked more so about the positives of the business only to find out that there are more negatives that should have been discussed than positives. Overall, they really just needed help with the company so I think they didn't want to scare anyone away during the interview.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lids in August 2015.

Interview

It happened over the phone and buy the time I was hired a month and a half had passed. Had an in person interview after the phone interview which was very informal which i thought was strange as i had applied to run one of their stores. The second interview was conducted on the phone by the DM while he was driving home from a baseball game.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lids (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

Quick, Didn't really ask any qualifying questions. Seemed like they were understaffed and the Regional didn't want to cover the store. No drug test, no real questions about my managerial skills. Just basic competency questions.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lids.

Interview

Interview wasn't too lengthy and asked questions that actually pertained to that position. It was a very efficient interview asked some personal questions but didn't go overboard. There was a two interview process first with the current store manager and then the District Manager

Interview Questions

• Tell me one thing about yourself that others may not know   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiations were tough I couldn't get my salary I desired but it was still fair

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lids (Atlanta, GA) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online and I got a email on Tuesday to come in the next day literally less than 24 hour notice. The emails was like interviewing tomarrow at this mall between 10-4 basically if you behind need a job you will drop everything!!!! I was reluctant but went to the interview and found it was more like a mini job fair. I was handed a application and waited for the next availible interviewer. It was like 5 people do them. I lucked up and got the table( in the food court) with two men and they began to ask questions in a tag team manner. I answered one question and before I could blink the other guy asked one. They gave me the whole we will be in contact but after this I was not interested because they seemed like too much stress for a hat store. I never heard of the company and decided to wing it and only learned about the company for 5 minutes on my i-phone. They dont offer over 30,000.00 so this would not have worked for me I would have declined!!!!

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lids (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2013.

Interview

Job fair, many applicants, several interviewers. Started with low level, training interviewers, and then moved to upper levels. Questions were basic, little information, but interviewers used little info and made strong decisions. Pretty pointless.

Interview Questions

• Have you heard of the fish mentality.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lids in July 2013.

Interview

The most unprofessional interview I have had! Inappropriate behavior, questions, demeaning tactics rude and abrasive. This was with a new Chicago Dm.In late July. It started with a 8:45 pm call that asked, can you interview the following day, if you can"t make it oh well its retail and if I fill the positions too bad, The interview was in an extremely large mall so I asked what entrance is the store near to which he replied that's up to you to find out.
     I did go the following day, how can any one be this unprofessional? It must have been one of those days. I went to the interview.. YES he really is extraordinarily unprofessional arrogant and rude He shows no respect and possesses no interviewing skills.

Interview Questions

• One of the things he said I have only been a store manager for 18 months and now I am a DM you were a store manager for x amount of years and have not advanced.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lids (Madison, WI) in June 2013.

Interview

Really this interview was very basic and easy to land... Although it was conducted in a food court it was really quite professional.

Negotiation

there was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Ridgeland, MS

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lids (Ridgeland, MS) in March 2013.

Interview

My District manager conducted the interview which went well, went over the responsibilities of the position and what was required of me and the company expectations, and the current status and past conditions of the store. What I could offer to make things better and to get the store back on the right track.

Interview Questions

• If were you to become store manager, how would you run things differently?   Answer Question