Life Care Centers of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

1. Featured Interview

CNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Longmont, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Life Care Centers of America (Longmont, CO) in June 2014.

Interview

It was a basic interview. They asked questions about my qualifications and experience. They also asked questions about patient treatment in certain situations. There was a tour of building followed by a discussion of pay/benefits expectation. I was hired on site.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would handle a situation with a difficult or combative patient.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Life Care Centers of America (Federal Way, WA) in March 2012.

Interview

3 part process starting with the Life Care Centers calling to have a brief phone interview with you. This compared primarily to a phone screen. What is your interest in working for a skilled nursing facility and What is your experience and what location and why. Second, was a casual conversation with the hiring manager. I'm sure the formality of it ranges from location of LIfe Care. Simple interview discussing the same questions as the interviewer as well as a little more in depth of the experience and what you would lend to their company. Next a meeting with the HR manager to fill out a background check form and pending that clears without any usual healthcare violations you receive a formal offer letter.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you could add to our group that we could use or need?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Altamonte Springs, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Life Care Centers of America (Altamonte Springs, FL) in February 2009.

Interview

Recruiter from Life Care contacted me via phone. Scheduled an interview with the DOR. He asked about my experience; my skills and my willingness to do wound care.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to expand your skills and do wound care if we train you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They wanted to pay me 32.00 an hr and I declined it. After a couple of hrs, they called me with an offer of 34.00 an hr.

Physical Therapist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Life Care Centers of America in September 2009.

Interview

One interview with low key questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

attempted negotiaition but took a pay cut.

Physical Therapist Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Life Care Centers of America in April 2018.

Interview

I had to fill out a length application Before the interview (never done an app before a pro interview). The therapy manager was not available as had been previously told to me. She was introduced to me in the interview (that lasted 30s), when I was told that she would stop by and talk to me a little later into the interview. But, that didn’t happen. I was given a lengthy 45-minute interview with lots of specific scenario questions (never have done that in a PTA interview before, either). Then, three weeks went by without one word. It’s professional and curteous to at least email an interviewee and thank them for their time with you. It took me three times of contacting Them to get a response. Then, all the manager said was, “ take care!” This seems to be an indicator of how unprofessional and disrespectful this company is to work for. I wouldn’t recommend them to anyone!!

Interview Questions

• If your teammate asked you to do something illegal, what would you do?   Answer Question

Social Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Life Care Centers of America (Morristown, TN) in January 2018.

Interview

Filled out app online, was called in two days later. Interview was very laid back, HR was very nice, explained the job and benefits. Met with the SSD and she seemed very pleasant and like minded in the overall goals of the department.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little about yourself?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your experience.   1 Answer

Social Services Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Orchard, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Life Care Centers of America (Port Orchard, WA) in December 2013.

Interview

I received a phone call asking me to interview. The interview consisted of a review of my resume and past experience, focusing on the pertinent points that correlated to the position of application. After the interview it was 2 weeks before I received a call back. I had interviewed for the assistant position and they offered me the director's position. I spent the following week in 8 hours of paid orientation and submitting a drug test. Once the drug test and background check had been received, I started working.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for this position based on your past experience?   1 Answer
    • What is your skill level in overseeing large case loads?   1 Answer

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Billerica, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Life Care Centers of America (Billerica, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied in person, then followed up with phone call one week later. Phone call was returned and an in person interview was scheduled. I met with the administrator on the first interview, and then I was called in a second time to meet with the DON. Received a job offer on the spot.

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Bay, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Life Care Centers of America (Palm Bay, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Questions... Would I be working FT or PT, She said what Life Care Center of America is all about, their patient census etc.. Ratio nurse to patients etc. Directer of Nursing is very nice. Everyone is. They are accommodating.

Interview Questions

• Asked about last job prior. Salary, How long worked, why I left, Did I give notice. Asked about my experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation. I got what I wanted

Nursing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whiting, IN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Life Care Centers of America (Whiting, IN) in April 2010.

Interview

Very brief and informal. Interview questions were standard--consisting primarily of scenarios, availability, and salary expectations. They needed someone to will the position ASAP, I made a good impression, and they hired me one the spot. Salary is very, very low compared to similar in industry.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where two Nursing Assistants were loud and obnoxious in the hallway outside a resident's room?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was none!

Occupational Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Life Care Centers of America (Aurora, CO) in November 2008.

Interview

Upbeat. Brief tour of facility. Modern facility.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a difficult patient?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not for me -- it didn't seem to be an option. I found out later that some employees got bonuses and temporary housing. I suppose we should always assume things are negotiable and ask for more.