Life Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Life Technologies Interview Questions

2.8

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Life Technologies (Madison, WI).

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Life Technologies (South San Francisco, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

The role was for a Product Manager for software systems for a profitable Product Line. I was contacted by recruiter after a employee referral.

First round of interview was with Hiring Manager: It went really well - The HM was through in self introductions, company, product line, expectations from Product Manager and provided me an opportunity to describe relevant experiences. I was asked about mature product management, hurdle rates for projects and patiently answered my questions as well.

I was then invited for an onsite interview:
    The first part of interview was a 1 Hour PPT - 5 people were in the room and 2 people dialed in. I thought PPT went well - audience were engaged, they had great questions but there was no participation from folks on the phone

Then I had an interview with a Project Manager - that was more of a peer level interview - good discussion on past projects etc

This was followed by a lunch interview with Hiring manager's boss - it was good discussion covering lots of topics about my past experience, career course, education - vision for company etc.

Then I interviewed with another Director that worked closely with the team - the interviewer was cordial and touched on expectations for the role.

This was followed by 3 1:1's with Product Managers with varied experiences and expertise.

Finally, I interviewed with the Hiring Manager who asked me about my thoughts on PPT. He then asked me about previous performance reviews, 3-5 year plan. When asked for feedback he mentioned that they were looking for a PM that can work extremely close with their customer base.

After a week I got call from the recruiter explaining that they would pass on me for the opportunity. They wanted someone with more senior experience and more in the domain

Interview Questions

• Areas of Improvement - from Previous Performance Review   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Life Technologies in July 2013.

Interview

I was reached out by the in house recruiter and had a pleasant conversation. I was then moved forward to the hiring manager. Great conversations ensued and I was moved on to the next step which was to phone interview with three of the hiring managers colleagues from higher directors to other DMs. Final interview was face to face with the hiring manager and then offer letter followed.

Interview Questions

• Many behavioral questions, why decide this field now? Worse client and how did you react? What value can you bring to our company?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Tried to negotiatie but was not given a counter offer at all.

Consumables Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Life Technologies (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2013.

Interview

Initially contacted by HR recruiter by email. Set up phone interview following week covering basic information about job and my qualifications. Three phone interviews the following week with hiring manager, district manager, and senior sales rep. Met with all three in person a couple of weeks later. Most questions are behavioral to gauge sales aptitude.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Life Technologies.

Interview

The process was pretty straightforward. Had a call from the hiring manager. Needed to reschedule due to a conflict, but the actual interview went well. General conversation about my background and experience and how it aligned with the needs of the company. Went in later for the in-person interviews with the team. Fairly unstructured since it didn't appear anyone had specific areas they were probing. No behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The first offer was below what I wanted, but I was able to counter to get to an agreeable figure.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Life Technologies.

Interview

This was 5 individual interviews. One interviewer told me all about her new position and only asked me one question. Another interviewer told me she "likes to chit-chat through these things anyway" and didn't even answer any of MY prepared questions. Another interviewer actually did have a good business conversation with me but despite being told "there is no wrong answer" he proceeded to tell me why I was wrong anyway! LOL!!

The hiring manager didn't make the interview so I had to reschedule and come back. He did then spend a lot of time going over his department goals and accomplishments BUT never did explain to me the position.

They ended up not hiring for this position and reposted it as something different, then hired for that position without interviewing anyone (info from HR).

Temporary Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Island, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Life Technologies (Grand Island, NY).

Interview

called in for interview that day and was offered job within the hour

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Life Technologies (Frederick, MD).

Interview

Their hiring and interview process makes child birth seem like a trip to Disney Land, and for what purpose? They treat you like a dog once they hire you and fire people at the drop of a hat. You would do well to avoid working for this company they could care less about their employees.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, they offer very little in way of perks other than over cooked hot dogs and hamburgers at a few insignificant employee cookouts during the summer.

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Life Technologies.

Interview

So far just a phone interview with HR asking general questions about resume, previous experience and skills that relate well to the job

Interview Questions

• Name something you would struggle with if you were offered this position   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I interviewed at Life Technologies (San Francisco, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Asked about technical molecular biology skills and some molecular biology concepts. Went over your resume and asked you to describe your experience and skills. Phone interview with three people via conference call, all described their individual projects and what the intern was going to do. Interview lasted about 30 minutes