Life Technologies Paralegal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Life Technologies (Carlsbad, CA).

Interview

Interview process starts with a phone call from Talent Acquisition. That process is very slow--sometimes can take weeks after submission of a resume. Focus is, of course, on getting you to come on board for the least amount of money. Once you pass the TA screen, you are interviewed by a bank of managers and peers. Each person covers a specific area assigned by HR/TA. The managers make the final selection, regardless of the input of peers.

Interview Questions

• The cover three major areas of competencies: Core job & customer knowledge, entrepreneurial agility and people/relationship skills. Example of a question: "Tell me about a time you created a vision where team members felt connected and enthused. How did you develop the vision? How did team members feel connected and enthused?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The job turned out to require a lot more hours than described. Assume you will be working long hours. Had I known that, I would have declined the salary and the job.