Life Time Fitness Aquatics Lifeguard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 7, 2017

2.7

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2015.

Interview

I had a quick interview with a head lifeguard and then another professional interview with the head of aquatics. I applied online when I saw that they were hiring. I have a few family friends that use lifetime as their personal gym and I wanted to be able to use the facilities without paying an insane amount of money per month.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Life Time Fitness

Aquatics Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Interview

I was hired without an interview, but then required to go to an interview as a procedural safeguard. The interview was held with another interviewee who I did not know would be there. In essence, we were interviewing for the same position and shared our answers one after the other. I also had to write out the company goals and values word for word. I interviewed for another position with this company and that time it was a group interview with ten people, again with no forewarning.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is little negotiation with these entry level positions. The hours are made by the hiring staff and often they forget if you ask for certain times of day or days of the week off. Negotiation is better dealt with with department supervisors.

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

The hiring process at Life Time Fitness takes an extremely long time. Once contacted about interviewing with Life Time as a lifeguard I completed 3 interviews. The first was with the Aquatics Department Head, which was mostly behavioral questions. She also asked questions about my prior lifeguarding experience. The second was an in-water interview to assess my Lifeguard technique and swimming skills (you must know all 4 strokes to pass). The third was a group interview with the General Manager for our location with other candidates for the position. At this stage you had to know the Life Time Vision and Mission Statements and answer some general questions. After all three stages the start processing paperwork which can take weeks!

Interview Questions

• One of the most difficult things I had to do was know the mission/vision statement. If you have prior experience as a lifeguard or you show that you have a great work ethic, than getting hired is not a problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Aquatics Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Interview

Life Time asks a lot of situational questions where you have to come up with real customer service related scenarios. They also focus a lot on how you live your daily life to see if your lifestyle matches the company's mission/vision.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to give up doing something with friends or family in order to achieve a goal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Houston, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

First interview was over the phone, quick and informal. Second interview was in person, with another applicant. Was more formal, but not very formal, included a swim test as well. Third interview with the building general manager was formal, included memorized recitation of the Lifetime Mission, Vision and Statement.

Aquatics Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vaughan, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Vaughan, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

I submitted resume - I actually brought it in to Lifetime. The Aquatic Supervisor contacted me via email to set up an interview, I submitted my qualifications and had an interview. Then I had a second interview with building supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Mission statement, what was the last time you did something nice for someone?, how do you stay fit - what does fitness mean to you?, what was the last time you had something unexpected happen to you - how did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing was very negotiable. You can negotiate rates after you have worked a session.