Life Time Fitness Interview Questions in Chanhassen, MN | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 11, 2016

3.3

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chanhassen, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Chanhassen, MN) in June 2016.

Interview

It was a team panel Interview. All of the interview questions were scripted questions. The company is very tied to health and a healthy lifestyle. It was an emotionless experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you identify with Life Time's mission? (They recited the mission statement)   Answer Question

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chanhassen, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Chanhassen, MN).

Interview

It felt very rushed and impersonal. Threw me right into the practical assessment scenarios without giving me a tour of the facility or any other background info on how the club is run. Felt like they didn't care if I wanted do there. More like they were trying to intimidate me.

Designer, Learning & Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chanhassen, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Chanhassen, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

When I was called in about my job opportunity I recieved one of the coldest calls ever and he then hung the phone up on me. He acted like I am not worthy for working at this company even though I have a bachelors degree very similar to graphics design.

Interview Questions

• Nothing, they just said good luck in a dark cold voice.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chanhassen, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Chanhassen, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a very long interview process. I interviewed on 8 different occasions. Some were over the phone, on skype or in person. Be prepared to role play coaching. You will meet with the area director, national recruiter, and company executives. They do not like hiring from outside the company so be prepared to speak to your adjustments

Corporate Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chanhassen, MN

Interview

Rather laid-back interview process, considering the size of the corporation. Friendly recruiter did a phone interview and asked the expected questions about my experience. Company culture seemed to value fitness and health; the people I saw were attractive and fit. Office seemed like beige cubeland. The only lunch option was the club cafe across the treeless parking lot.

Interview Questions

• If you were competing in any sort of competition, what sort would you be sure to win?   Answer Question

Temporary Health Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chanhassen, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Chanhassen, MN) in April 2014.

Interview

Had a phone interview with a Human Resources recruiter. Then sat down with the senior manager who conducted an in-person interview. Received a call from a program manager within 48 hours with a verbal offer. The paper offer was then emailed to me later that same day.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle repetitive work?   1 Answer

Child Care Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chanhassen, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Chanhassen, MN) in April 2014.

Interview

I started with a referral. They brought me in for one interview with the head of the child care center. They then gave me a second interview with the club manager. The process took about 2 weeks and they were very flexible with interview times.

Architecture Project Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chanhassen, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Chanhassen, MN) in August 2013.

Interview

You have to submit your resume in their Taleo system. Then their internal recruiter will call you and schedule a phone pre-screening interview with themselves. If this person feels you qualify, they will pass your resume along to the decision committee who will decide if they want to interview you are not. My resume was passed along twice. I interviewed in person once and was not selected the second time.

The telephone pre-screen interview was about a half an hour. The questions were really just a review of your resume to obtain a better understanding of your history.

When I interviewed in person, it was with the Director of Architecture and a couple of other people. I'm not sure who they were as they weren't necessarily memorable. I know I was not expecting to have to interview in front of a team of people as it was never mentioned pre-interview, so it was intimidating. After the interview, one of the group members gives you a tour of the facilities across from the head quarters which unfortunately was a little uncomfortable because you are in full business interview suit and tie and walking around a humid fitness club is not ideal.

After the in-person interview, I received a follow up call from the recruiter pending the decision and when the decision was made. I also received a follow up call from the recruiter from my second prescreening when my resume was not selected for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• A healthy way of life is our company's motto, how do you live a healthy way of life?   2 Answers

Member Services Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chanhassen, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Chanhassen, MN) in May 2013.

Interview

Had an interview with the department head of the Member Services. Then had a group interview with the General Manager of the club.

This is how I got the job. I dressed up. I pot on a suit and walked in and asked to speak with the manager of a department. She was busy at the time so I spoke with the assistant department head. We had a short conversation about my interest in the online opening for the Member services position. She took down my name and submitted it to the department head. The next day I received a phone call from the department head of member services. During that time we set up a 1 on 1 interview.

During the 1 on 1 interview there were a lot of general questions. Why Life Time Fitness?
    How do you work in a team?
    After that interview they asked me to stay and do some on the job training to get a realistic idea of what it was like to work at the front desk. Basically I took over swiping cards for members. After the interview I received the date of the interview with the general manager.

The general manager interview was a group interview in which he posed us all questions about how we function in a team, our enthusiasm when it comes to learning.

We were also required to have memorized the mission and vision for the interview. I believe this is dependent on the general manager, and not all clubs may have you do it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chanhassen, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Chanhassen, MN) in July 2012.

Interview

Pretty standard. I interviewed with three creative directors and the ECD and then came back and interviewed with the team I'd be working with to do a culture check. I presented my work to each creative director individually and talked through my resume and work experience. I felt the whole process was pretty standard and there was nothing out of the ordinary.