Life Time Fitness Interview Questions in Chanhassen, MN | Glassdoor

Life Time Fitness Interview Questions in Chanhassen, MN

4.2

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chanhassen, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Chanhassen, MN) in June 2016.

Interview

It was a team panel Interview. All of the interview questions were scripted questions. The company is very tied to health and a healthy lifestyle. It was an emotionless experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you identify with Life Time's mission? (They recited the mission statement)   Answer Question

Designer, Learning & Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chanhassen, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Chanhassen, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

When I was called in about my job opportunity I recieved one of the coldest calls ever and he then hung the phone up on me. He acted like I am not worthy for working at this company even though I have a bachelors degree very similar to graphics design.

Interview Questions

• Nothing, they just said good luck in a dark cold voice.   Answer Question

Corporate Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chanhassen, MN

Interview

Rather laid-back interview process, considering the size of the corporation. Friendly recruiter did a phone interview and asked the expected questions about my experience. Company culture seemed to value fitness and health; the people I saw were attractive and fit. Office seemed like beige cubeland. The only lunch option was the club cafe across the treeless parking lot.

Interview Questions

• If you were competing in any sort of competition, what sort would you be sure to win?   Answer Question

Architecture Project Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chanhassen, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Chanhassen, MN) in August 2013.

Interview

You have to submit your resume in their Taleo system. Then their internal recruiter will call you and schedule a phone pre-screening interview with themselves. If this person feels you qualify, they will pass your resume along to the decision committee who will decide if they want to interview you are not. My resume was passed along twice. I interviewed in person once and was not selected the second time.

The telephone pre-screen interview was about a half an hour. The questions were really just a review of your resume to obtain a better understanding of your history.

When I interviewed in person, it was with the Director of Architecture and a couple of other people. I'm not sure who they were as they weren't necessarily memorable. I know I was not expecting to have to interview in front of a team of people as it was never mentioned pre-interview, so it was intimidating. After the interview, one of the group members gives you a tour of the facilities across from the head quarters which unfortunately was a little uncomfortable because you are in full business interview suit and tie and walking around a humid fitness club is not ideal.

After the in-person interview, I received a follow up call from the recruiter pending the decision and when the decision was made. I also received a follow up call from the recruiter from my second prescreening when my resume was not selected for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• A healthy way of life is our company's motto, how do you live a healthy way of life?   2 Answers

Interactive Design/Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chanhassen, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Chanhassen, MN) in March 2012.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter for a full-time position with the interactive team. Sent my design portfolio and some examples pertinent to the job. The Life Time folks said they liked it and wanted to schedule a phone interview. I thought the phone interview went really, really well. The recruiter contacted me to say they felt the same way, and they scheduled me for a big, 2-hour interview two days later.

However...the recruiter called me the day before my big interview and said, "Unfortunately they've cancelled the interview, and have decided not to pursue you any further. When I asked them what had changed, the team lead said that he showed your portfolio to his team, and he said there was a 'negative predisposition' towards your work. When I pressed him, he said that one or two people on his team either didn't like your work, or they felt that your experience was not good enough. But then he never really gave me a solid answer." The crazy thing was that this had happened to another one of this recruiter's candidates, and in that case, the interview was cancelled when the interviewee was on his way to the interview.

So if you apply for a position at Life Time, be prepared that they may sound interested and all, but then arbitrarily cancel the interview and pull the rug out from under you with little to no explanation.

Interview Questions

• In the phone interview I was asked about my experience in interactive design, and about any particular accomplishments for which I felt proud.   Answer Question