Life Time Fitness Interview Questions in Chanhassen, MN | Glassdoor

3.1

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Employee Engagement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chanhassen, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Chanhassen, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

I was contact by a HR rep shortly after I submitted an application. We did a brief phone interview a couple days later. She asked the typical questions (tell me about yourself) etc. I was told they were looking for someone to fill the position immediately and that I would be contacted to set up an in-person interview.

Here's where things get extremely frustrating.

After playing phone tag for 3 days with the girl who is supposed to set up the meeting, I finally get a hold of her to schedule the interview. Well she doesn't know the persons schedule that I'd be interviewing with. We hang up and she calls me back later. Finally we get an interview on the books for 2 weeks later, I'm supposed to meet 2 gentleman . Seems like a long wait for a company that wants to hire someone ASAP but okay..

I go in for the interview and only 1 of the gentleman is present. He asks resume-related questions and shows me around the complex. He says he's very interested and he's going to have the gal call me to set up an interview to meet the other guy who apparently couldn't make it that day.

Again played phone tag with the scheduler girl and get an interview on the books for 3 weeks later. Seems like a long wait, but I'm interested in the position and I agree.

The DAY BEFORE the interview the gal contacts me saying they need to postpone the interview.. ok, what date are we postponing to? She doesn't know and says she will call me the next week. Next week rolls around and guess what? No phone call. I call her and no answer. I email her and ask when the postponed interview will take place.

3 WEEKS LATER I get a generic email saying the position has been filled.

Are you kidding me? I have never been jerked around like this in my whole life. This experience has left a terrible taste in my mouth for LIFETIME. If someone is genuinely interested in working for your company then how about you treat them with some respect? You can bet I will tell my friends/family/colleagues to choose a different gym.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chanhassen, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Chanhassen, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

I was referred by an employee. I was emailed by the recruiter. After exchanging a few emails, there was a phone interview, which lasted 30 minutes. Two weeks after my phone interview there was an in-person interview with three of the department leaders.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chanhassen, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Chanhassen, MN) in June 2016.

Interview

It was a team panel Interview. All of the interview questions were scripted questions. The company is very tied to health and a healthy lifestyle. It was an emotionless experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you identify with Life Time's mission? (They recited the mission statement)   Answer Question

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chanhassen, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Chanhassen, MN).

Interview

It felt very rushed and impersonal. Threw me right into the practical assessment scenarios without giving me a tour of the facility or any other background info on how the club is run. Felt like they didn't care if I wanted do there. More like they were trying to intimidate me.

Designer, Learning & Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chanhassen, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Chanhassen, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

When I was called in about my job opportunity I recieved one of the coldest calls ever and he then hung the phone up on me. He acted like I am not worthy for working at this company even though I have a bachelors degree very similar to graphics design.

Interview Questions

• Nothing, they just said good luck in a dark cold voice.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chanhassen, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Chanhassen, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a very long interview process. I interviewed on 8 different occasions. Some were over the phone, on skype or in person. Be prepared to role play coaching. You will meet with the area director, national recruiter, and company executives. They do not like hiring from outside the company so be prepared to speak to your adjustments

Corporate Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chanhassen, MN

Interview

Rather laid-back interview process, considering the size of the corporation. Friendly recruiter did a phone interview and asked the expected questions about my experience. Company culture seemed to value fitness and health; the people I saw were attractive and fit. Office seemed like beige cubeland. The only lunch option was the club cafe across the treeless parking lot.

Interview Questions

• If you were competing in any sort of competition, what sort would you be sure to win?   Answer Question

Temporary Health Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chanhassen, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Chanhassen, MN) in April 2014.

Interview

Had a phone interview with a Human Resources recruiter. Then sat down with the senior manager who conducted an in-person interview. Received a call from a program manager within 48 hours with a verbal offer. The paper offer was then emailed to me later that same day.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle repetitive work?   1 Answer

Child Care Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chanhassen, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Chanhassen, MN) in April 2014.

Interview

I started with a referral. They brought me in for one interview with the head of the child care center. They then gave me a second interview with the club manager. The process took about 2 weeks and they were very flexible with interview times.

Architecture Project Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chanhassen, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Chanhassen, MN) in August 2013.

Interview

You have to submit your resume in their Taleo system. Then their internal recruiter will call you and schedule a phone pre-screening interview with themselves. If this person feels you qualify, they will pass your resume along to the decision committee who will decide if they want to interview you are not. My resume was passed along twice. I interviewed in person once and was not selected the second time.

The telephone pre-screen interview was about a half an hour. The questions were really just a review of your resume to obtain a better understanding of your history.

When I interviewed in person, it was with the Director of Architecture and a couple of other people. I'm not sure who they were as they weren't necessarily memorable. I know I was not expecting to have to interview in front of a team of people as it was never mentioned pre-interview, so it was intimidating. After the interview, one of the group members gives you a tour of the facilities across from the head quarters which unfortunately was a little uncomfortable because you are in full business interview suit and tie and walking around a humid fitness club is not ideal.

After the in-person interview, I received a follow up call from the recruiter pending the decision and when the decision was made. I also received a follow up call from the recruiter from my second prescreening when my resume was not selected for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• A healthy way of life is our company's motto, how do you live a healthy way of life?   2 Answers