Life Time Fitness Department Head Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 8, 2017

2.8

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Department Head Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Interview

4 Separate Interviews, Professional Environment, Repetitive questions during interview process, did have to continuously check in on the process to gain feedback on next steps and to set up next interview

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you overcame a work objective and how you overcame. What was the end result?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Life Time Fitness

Anonymous Employee in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Montvale, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, questionairre, in person interview....you are called and screened, then asked for an in person interview where you are asked to fill out the form. The company want all of their employees to memorize their mission statement for the in person interview where you will fill it out on the questionairre. They will call you with an offer if they are interested. Benefits are great but pay can be minimal to ok depending on the position.

Department Head Interview

Interview

Interview process involved interview with current department head, regional lead, and club general manager. Questions are targeted selection based and they are looking for STAR answers (situation, task, action, result). Department heads are put through and expected to pass Life Time's department head certification for their respective department upon hire.

Interview Questions

• Must memorize and recite company's mission and vision statements for interview with gm.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Houston, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

Received a phone call from recruiter a couple weeks after submitting my resume. Scheduled a formal phone screen for the following week with corporate office, after 2 weeks I was called by the General Manger of location and set up interview with GM and RVP on the same day. Met the following week and was called with a job offer after a few days.

Interview Questions

• Scenario based interview style. "Tell me about a time you had to diffuse a customer service issue..." "Tell me about a time you had to coach a technician in the moment..." Etc...   Answer Question

Department Head Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness in October 2011.

Interview

Life Time is very thorough when hiring leadership. They are looking for candidates with the right motivational fit and experience in the field. You interview both in person and by phone with leadership in the club, the region and the area of expertise.

Interview Questions

• Lots of scenario questions to determine motivational fit.   Answer Question

Department Head Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness in November 2010.

Interview

phone screen with regional, 1:1 with GM recite the mission and vision of the company verbatim, talk to corporate. should you pass all three, you got it! this is for the department head position. front line positions must pass through the phone screen first followed by a 1:1 with the department head and the GM.

Interview Questions

• what is the mission and vision. aside from that, if you know your field well enough, you will be fine.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation - take it or leave it.