Life Time Fitness Facility Operations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Life Time Fitness Facility Operations Interview Questions

4.0

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Facility Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Interview

The interview process had too many steps for this specific job in my opinion. They say that the reason why there are so many steps is to weed out those who do not fully embrace the vision and the mission. However, 90% of the workers do not even care and it shows in their sloppy work.

The first of three parts is to submit your application and you receive a call from the department head to ask a few simple questions and to schedule a time to meet. After that, you meet with him and he gives you the mission and vision which you need to memorize word by word as well as a tour of the facility. The last part of the 3 step interview is to meet with the general manager, recite the mission and vision, and talk with him about why you truly meet the criteria.

They seem to want to only hire people who meet the mission and vision. However, once in, I have seen that my co workers only fake smiles and pretend to be working when the department head or general manager is in front of them.

Janitorial type job but the interview process seems to be better suited for those who are planning on receiving an assistant department head or upper management position, not for an entry level worker.

Interview Questions

• Recite the Mission and Vision   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Life Time Fitness

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Plano, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

They ask if you understand that you will be cleaning toilets, even as a Manager. They talk on and on about cleaning up vomit, pee, etc. because that is what you will be doing. They are usually hiring only to fill specific time slots, so if you don't fit that you won't be hired. They usually are only hiring a male OR female, as they need one of each always on the clock for the locker room, so just because the job is posted, you may or may not get a call back based on your gender. They ask odd questions to see if they can control you (easily manipulated). They love young and impressionable employees that haven't worked elsewhere to see how horrible the conditions and benefits are.

Interview Questions

• They now want all new employees to memorize the mission and vision before the second round interview with the GM. If you do not have it memorized EXACTLY, they will not hire you. Even if all of the people interviewed couldn't get it 100% correct, they just plain won't hire. They will ask you to reapply entirely.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. Period. They will say, well there are 20 other people that I've been interviewing and any one of them will work for this rate. (that's really all that matters to them)

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Dallas, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

Three interviews. If you get past the first interview(with an Assistant DH) you will have to learn the Mission and Vision to recite during the second interview (with the DH). Your third interview will take place with the General Manager.

It is a lot of interviewing for a part time job that pays only 7.25/hr.

Interview Questions

• Life Time has a set standard for initial first interviews.

You will be asked about schooling, work history and availability. You will also be asked 3 questions/scenarios that will tell management about your customer service abilities, decision making skills and your level of commitment. (for example, Has there ever been a time that you gave up doing something you love to do because you had to work or had school commitments).   Answer Question