Life Time Fitness Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Life Time Fitness Interview Questions

Updated Nov 20, 2017

2.5

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Interview

The interview process was a great conversation and the steps were very efficient. The hiring process was terrible, however. They try to implement a training process but they do not give any budget to execute it.

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

There were 3 Interviews, one by phone with one of the Head Trainers at the facility; an interactive interview, which was a mock training session where I acted as the trainer and was given two "clients" who were other trainers, to train. Then the final interview was with the club manager and programs director to make sure that I was a good fit for the entire club.

Interview Questions

• Who is your favorite superhero, and why?   1 Answer

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Omaha, NE).

Interview

After filling out the application online they would email you for a follow up in-person interview. At the in-person interview, there would be generic interview questions like "What are some challenged you've faced in the workplace?" as well as just certifying that you are qualified to lifeguard (ie having a lifeguard certification). If you pass, they run a background check. Once you are cleared from the background check, the final stage is being "interviewed" with the Branch Manager. In my case, this interview consisted of reiterating the Lifetime mission statement (you will need to memorize it) and then talking about football.

Interview Questions

• Can you recite the company vision and mission statement?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Charlotte, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was relocating to the area where I applied. This process went on for around three months with 3 separate phone interviews. When I got to the area I went in for a practical interview. This was fine and the training manager was very nice and professional. Said he'd be in touch soon to let me know. Had ANOTHER phone interview with someone out of New Jersey. That was also fine. Then waited around 4 weeks for scheduled interview with the GM. Had their mission statement memorized, but not their 3 behaviors so was asked to reschedule. I accepted another position with a different company and thanked them for their consideration. *Did not interview with any women throughout this process, and did not appear to be any women in management roles in the location I was in.*

Kids Activities Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness in October 2017.

Interview

I first applied online and received a call 3 days later and had a 20 minute phone interview with someone from HR. She set up an interview with the manager of the department I was applying for and I went in to that interview 5 days later. That interview lasted 30 minutes and I was passed on to have an interview with the GM a week later. I was told that it would be a group interview with 2 or 3 people and that it was mainly just so that I could meet the GM and so that he knew all of his employees. I was under the impression that I had gotten the job due to what I was told and because they had already completed a background check. When the actual interview with the GM happened, it was a group of 8 and the interview itself lasted 3 hours. The only question that was asked was why we wanted to work there and the rest of the time he told us how to be good employees. Then, after all of this, we were told that they were pursuing other candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Overland Park, KS) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online, receiving a phone call the next day to set up an interview with the Kid's Activity Manager. The interview was about 30 minutes with mostly situational questions. The manager was kind and was very thorough about the job position and the company. The interview entailed a tour of the Child Center and then a set up of a second interview with the general manager. In between these interviews I decided the position wasn't for me, but the company, the manager, and the Child Center all seemed very great! It seemed like a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• Tell of a time when you went above and beyond for co-workers, ect.?   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a time when something unexpected happened and how did you respond?   Answer Question
    • What sticks out to you in our mission statement?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Columbus, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

I emailed about the position and applied online and received a response in about a week to come in for an initial interview. I then was told that if I was interested in the position after the interview, the manager would like to bring me in for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you had to work in a team   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you had to follow a process in order to get something done   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Troy, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

Over the Phone type of interview from the personal training manager at the gym asking me general questions but wanted to know sales more than training people or pertaining to it.

Interview Questions

• Asked about personal training, but mainly went to sales experiences   Answer Question

Camp Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Interview

There is a 2 step interview process.
    1st step: your basic interview with the department manager for the department you applied for. They'll ask you questions from a sheet that corporate requires. If you pass you to come back for part 2.
    2nd interview: you will interview with the GM of the club, they'll ask questions more in depth than the 1st interview and you'll have to recite the mission and the lifetime way behaviors or vision.
    (You'll know if you passed the 1st interview if the department manager gives you this information)

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness in September 2017.

Interview

It was mostly behavioral sort of questions in the interviews. There was a phone screen, then 2 interviews after that. The final interview was with the GM.