Life Time Fitness Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Life Time Fitness Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2018

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomingdale, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Bloomingdale, IL).

Interview

Set up multiple interviews and always got a text day before that he was canceling it. Then the day before our last set up interview, received a text saying "thank you for my interest but i am no longer interested in interviewing you"

Swim Coach Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Interview

I got called in for an in person interview about a month after applying. I showed that I was a good swimmer and talked to the department head. I was offered the job about a week later.

Pool Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Montvale, NJ).

Interview

ONe intervew wiht deparemtne head. Then also an interview with the general manager. Was relaxed and easy to follow. Process did not take long. For entry level jobs the process is very much quite simple in terms of interview difficulty

Aquatics Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness in January 2018.

Interview

I applied for the Aquatics Manager in Training position, and got a call a couple days later from a recruiter. They talked to me for 20 minutes on the phone about how I was over qualified for the position and to apply for the Aquatics Manager position. She talked to me about all the opportunities in the different cities instead of just getting off the phone with me. She completely wasted my time by telling me she was going to send me an email with the links to the different openings, and after 2 hours, I knew I would never hear from her again, and I didn't.

Interview Questions

• She didn't ask me any questions since I was so qualified. Basically wondering why I'm leaving my current position.   Answer Question

Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Interview

Not a positive experience. They took very long to get back to me. Had an unnecessary amount of steps and amount of interviews- 3 in total for a job paying minimum wage and expecting you to buy expensive clothes.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions were asked. I was told I'm overqualified even though I'm still a student.   Answer Question

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness in December 2017.

Interview

I was recruited through Linked In. Initially the recruiter told me that LT does not hire people Part time, but that she would still contact clubs in my area to verify.

The same day I got a call from a Personal Trainer director asking if I could come in for an interview.

The initial interview went well. Mostly asked about me and my experience, history, etc.
    He also showed me around the facility.

I have my “personal trainer practical” next week which is part 2 of interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Interview

The interview process was a great conversation and the steps were very efficient. The hiring process was terrible, however. They try to implement a training process but they do not give any budget to execute it.

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

There were 3 Interviews, one by phone with one of the Head Trainers at the facility; an interactive interview, which was a mock training session where I acted as the trainer and was given two "clients" who were other trainers, to train. Then the final interview was with the club manager and programs director to make sure that I was a good fit for the entire club.

Interview Questions

• Who is your favorite superhero, and why?   1 Answer

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Omaha, NE).

Interview

After filling out the application online they would email you for a follow up in-person interview. At the in-person interview, there would be generic interview questions like "What are some challenged you've faced in the workplace?" as well as just certifying that you are qualified to lifeguard (ie having a lifeguard certification). If you pass, they run a background check. Once you are cleared from the background check, the final stage is being "interviewed" with the Branch Manager. In my case, this interview consisted of reiterating the Lifetime mission statement (you will need to memorize it) and then talking about football.

Interview Questions

• Can you recite the company vision and mission statement?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Charlotte, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was relocating to the area where I applied. This process went on for around three months with 3 separate phone interviews. When I got to the area I went in for a practical interview. This was fine and the training manager was very nice and professional. Said he'd be in touch soon to let me know. Had ANOTHER phone interview with someone out of New Jersey. That was also fine. Then waited around 4 weeks for scheduled interview with the GM. Had their mission statement memorized, but not their 3 behaviors so was asked to reschedule. I accepted another position with a different company and thanked them for their consideration. *Did not interview with any women throughout this process, and did not appear to be any women in management roles in the location I was in.*