Life Time Fitness Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2018

2.5

502 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Interview

Not a positive experience. They took very long to get back to me. Had an unnecessary amount of steps and amount of interviews- 3 in total for a job paying minimum wage and expecting you to buy expensive clothes.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions were asked. I was told I'm overqualified even though I'm still a student.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Interview

The interview process was a great conversation and the steps were very efficient. The hiring process was terrible, however. They try to implement a training process but they do not give any budget to execute it.

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

There were 3 Interviews, one by phone with one of the Head Trainers at the facility; an interactive interview, which was a mock training session where I acted as the trainer and was given two "clients" who were other trainers, to train. Then the final interview was with the club manager and programs director to make sure that I was a good fit for the entire club.

Interview Questions

• Who is your favorite superhero, and why?   1 Answer

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Omaha, NE).

Interview

After filling out the application online they would email you for a follow up in-person interview. At the in-person interview, there would be generic interview questions like "What are some challenged you've faced in the workplace?" as well as just certifying that you are qualified to lifeguard (ie having a lifeguard certification). If you pass, they run a background check. Once you are cleared from the background check, the final stage is being "interviewed" with the Branch Manager. In my case, this interview consisted of reiterating the Lifetime mission statement (you will need to memorize it) and then talking about football.

Interview Questions

• Can you recite the company vision and mission statement?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Charlotte, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was relocating to the area where I applied. This process went on for around three months with 3 separate phone interviews. When I got to the area I went in for a practical interview. This was fine and the training manager was very nice and professional. Said he'd be in touch soon to let me know. Had ANOTHER phone interview with someone out of New Jersey. That was also fine. Then waited around 4 weeks for scheduled interview with the GM. Had their mission statement memorized, but not their 3 behaviors so was asked to reschedule. I accepted another position with a different company and thanked them for their consideration. *Did not interview with any women throughout this process, and did not appear to be any women in management roles in the location I was in.*

Kids Activities Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness in October 2017.

Interview

I first applied online and received a call 3 days later and had a 20 minute phone interview with someone from HR. She set up an interview with the manager of the department I was applying for and I went in to that interview 5 days later. That interview lasted 30 minutes and I was passed on to have an interview with the GM a week later. I was told that it would be a group interview with 2 or 3 people and that it was mainly just so that I could meet the GM and so that he knew all of his employees. I was under the impression that I had gotten the job due to what I was told and because they had already completed a background check. When the actual interview with the GM happened, it was a group of 8 and the interview itself lasted 3 hours. The only question that was asked was why we wanted to work there and the rest of the time he told us how to be good employees. Then, after all of this, we were told that they were pursuing other candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Overland Park, KS) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online, receiving a phone call the next day to set up an interview with the Kid's Activity Manager. The interview was about 30 minutes with mostly situational questions. The manager was kind and was very thorough about the job position and the company. The interview entailed a tour of the Child Center and then a set up of a second interview with the general manager. In between these interviews I decided the position wasn't for me, but the company, the manager, and the Child Center all seemed very great! It seemed like a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• Tell of a time when you went above and beyond for co-workers, ect.?   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a time when something unexpected happened and how did you respond?   Answer Question
    • What sticks out to you in our mission statement?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Columbus, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

I emailed about the position and applied online and received a response in about a week to come in for an initial interview. I then was told that if I was interested in the position after the interview, the manager would like to bring me in for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you had to work in a team   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you had to follow a process in order to get something done   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Troy, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

Over the Phone type of interview from the personal training manager at the gym asking me general questions but wanted to know sales more than training people or pertaining to it.

Interview Questions

• Asked about personal training, but mainly went to sales experiences   Answer Question

Employee Engagement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chanhassen, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Chanhassen, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

I was contact by a HR rep shortly after I submitted an application. We did a brief phone interview a couple days later. She asked the typical questions (tell me about yourself) etc. I was told they were looking for someone to fill the position immediately and that I would be contacted to set up an in-person interview.

Here's where things get extremely frustrating.

After playing phone tag for 3 days with the girl who is supposed to set up the meeting, I finally get a hold of her to schedule the interview. Well she doesn't know the persons schedule that I'd be interviewing with. We hang up and she calls me back later. Finally we get an interview on the books for 2 weeks later, I'm supposed to meet 2 gentleman . Seems like a long wait for a company that wants to hire someone ASAP but okay..

I go in for the interview and only 1 of the gentleman is present. He asks resume-related questions and shows me around the complex. He says he's very interested and he's going to have the gal call me to set up an interview to meet the other guy who apparently couldn't make it that day.

Again played phone tag with the scheduler girl and get an interview on the books for 3 weeks later. Seems like a long wait, but I'm interested in the position and I agree.

The DAY BEFORE the interview the gal contacts me saying they need to postpone the interview.. ok, what date are we postponing to? She doesn't know and says she will call me the next week. Next week rolls around and guess what? No phone call. I call her and no answer. I email her and ask when the postponed interview will take place.

3 WEEKS LATER I get a generic email saying the position has been filled.

Are you kidding me? I have never been jerked around like this in my whole life. This experience has left a terrible taste in my mouth for LIFETIME. If someone is genuinely interested in working for your company then how about you treat them with some respect? You can bet I will tell my friends/family/colleagues to choose a different gym.