Life Time Fitness Group Fitness Instructor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Life Time Fitness Group Fitness Instructor Interview Questions

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online through a job search site--Indeed. I received a Phone Screening within the first week. After that there was a trip to the location to see the facility, and a few classes were taken. There was a phone interview and then an Interview with the general manager

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked a job before where it was commission/sales dependent?   Answer Question

Interview

Typical interview, questions about your experience. I talked about my experience and they let me know which fitness classes were available to teach. I interviewed with the Department head and also the General Manager.

Interview Questions

• You must know the company's mission statement word for word.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Interview

I had to audition to be an instructor.

Interview Questions

• Nothing beyond a normal fitness professional would encounter - wanted to make sure I could recognize someone having a heart attack.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple - they have it broken down on experience, years and time at job.

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Novi, MI) in August 2013.

Interview

Fill out online application, then once submitted will receive a call from appropriate department head. Will set up an interview to meet with the department head and then the general manager. Will need to know the mission and vision statement. Once Interview done, will wait to hear from the department head.

Group Fitness Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Vernon Hills, IL) in November 2008.

Interview

There was an online application. After the online application, I received an email for a group audition. There were about 8 of us at the audition. The audition atmosphere was friendly. We each got to teach our class for about 5 minutes. The following week, I got a call for an inerview and possibly hiring. I was hired after the interview. I will say, it all went very smoothly. I must say, that I had my national fitness certifications in place before I applied - AFAA, ACE, RYT and CPR.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiation, as I wanted to teach there, so I accpted whatever was offered.