Life Time Fitness Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 8, 2017

2.5

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2016.

Interview

The first interview is a test where you have to train one of the training staff and they evaluate if you are a good enough trainer. The second interview is formal and with the club manager. After that there is a metabolic test on the treadmill, a "move it" session with another manager and then a lot of precertification that has to be done on the computer.

Interview Questions

• They ask you to repeat the companies mission statement word for word   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness in December 2015.

Interview

There was two interviews, and they were extremely hard, and I had to. Memorize a mission statement. They asked me to describe times in my life that I had to deal with specific emotions.

Interview Questions

• What's a time in your life something unexpected happened and how did you deal with that?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

Designer, Learning & Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chanhassen, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Chanhassen, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

When I was called in about my job opportunity I recieved one of the coldest calls ever and he then hung the phone up on me. He acted like I am not worthy for working at this company even though I have a bachelors degree very similar to graphics design.

Interview Questions

• Nothing, they just said good luck in a dark cold voice.   Answer Question

Massage Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Interview

three interviews. Meeting with the GM. First fill out all info on the website first

Interview Questions

• What problem have you experienced in the past, how did you handle it   1 Answer

Negotiation

I felt it was fair. NO Problems

Interactive Design/Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chanhassen, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Chanhassen, MN) in March 2012.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter for a full-time position with the interactive team. Sent my design portfolio and some examples pertinent to the job. The Life Time folks said they liked it and wanted to schedule a phone interview. I thought the phone interview went really, really well. The recruiter contacted me to say they felt the same way, and they scheduled me for a big, 2-hour interview two days later.

However...the recruiter called me the day before my big interview and said, "Unfortunately they've cancelled the interview, and have decided not to pursue you any further. When I asked them what had changed, the team lead said that he showed your portfolio to his team, and he said there was a 'negative predisposition' towards your work. When I pressed him, he said that one or two people on his team either didn't like your work, or they felt that your experience was not good enough. But then he never really gave me a solid answer." The crazy thing was that this had happened to another one of this recruiter's candidates, and in that case, the interview was cancelled when the interviewee was on his way to the interview.

So if you apply for a position at Life Time, be prepared that they may sound interested and all, but then arbitrarily cancel the interview and pull the rug out from under you with little to no explanation.

Interview Questions

• In the phone interview I was asked about my experience in interactive design, and about any particular accomplishments for which I felt proud.   Answer Question

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Folsom, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

There were many people at the open interview. They conducted the interview in groups and the questions were difficult. But I was very disappointed that I was even contacted by them, after they said they would give me a call. Wasn't even told if I had got the job or not.

Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Florham Park, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

It took a long time but I hope I get accepted and that they give me a call soon. I hope that I can start soon. I love kids and I need a job so I hope I can work here for the summer.

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Interview

three separate interviews. First with PT Manager, second with an assistant for a practical interview, last with club manager. Each interview was spaced a week apart. I received a review of my interview after each round I completed.

Interview Questions

• Past experience was brought up to gauge your future performance, be prepared with past revenue numbers, client roster sizes, etc.   Answer Question

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Framingham, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

First I was shown around the facilities, then they brought me into the lifeguard office. Once there I was asked a series of questions by the aquatics director. She was reading off of the corporate website and asked many questions that seemed inapplicable to my seasonal lifeguard position.

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Bloomfield Hills, MI).

Interview

The hiring process is intense. First there is a fifteen minute phone interview then the initial interview with the department head then the interview with another department head and a final interview with the general manager

Interview Questions

• To remember the mission statement   1 Answer