Life Time Fitness Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2018

2.5

Member Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Rochester Hills, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

2-3 times, 2 different managers and General MGR. Basic Questions about previous history. Was asked to interview 3 members on their dislikes and likes about Lifetime. Interview questions were pretty easy. Job was not difficult, learned a lot and the free membership was a plus

Swim Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

You meet with the manager of your department, followed by the general manager. Both ask a similar set of questions and once you get the ok you are hired. It is an extremely easy process and the only difficult part was memorizing the mission statement.

Member Services Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Garden City, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Did a preliminary interview in person although they were also doing phone screening, then an interview with the manager I would be working for, then the General Manager of the club.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to adapt to a change?   Answer Question

Child Center Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Bear Lake, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (White Bear Lake, MN) in July 2017.

Interview

Was interview by 2 women who were the child center managers.
    The interview was more like a conversation about availability and getting to know you.
    One of the managers sent me an email before the interview with the lifetime mission statement which is, "Life Time provides an entertaining, educational, friendly and inviting, functional and innovative experience of uncompromising quality that meets the health and fitness needs of the entire family." and during the interview they asked what that means to me.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have with infants?
      How much experience do you have with children?
      What does the lifetime mission statement mean to you?   Answer Question

Operations Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (San Antonio, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was quick since I had no previous work experience. I talked the the department manager for a about ten minutes the usual "describe a time when you had to solve a problem". A couple days later i had an a meeting with the general manager. The interview lasted about a minute and a half. All he wanted was to see if i had memorized their mission statement which I did.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in your life when you had a disagreement with a coworker. What was it? Wow did you handle it?   Answer Question

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was unnecessarily long for a lifeguard position. I felt like they expected a lot from only a student applyng for basically a minimum wage job. But, the woman interviewing me was friendly and the questions were easy for the most part. Great benefits like a free gym membership if you do work here, so not the worst thing in the world.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is the mission and vision statement of lifetime fitness?   Answer Question

Employee Engagement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chanhassen, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Chanhassen, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

I was contact by a HR rep shortly after I submitted an application. We did a brief phone interview a couple days later. She asked the typical questions (tell me about yourself) etc. I was told they were looking for someone to fill the position immediately and that I would be contacted to set up an in-person interview.

Here's where things get extremely frustrating.

After playing phone tag for 3 days with the girl who is supposed to set up the meeting, I finally get a hold of her to schedule the interview. Well she doesn't know the persons schedule that I'd be interviewing with. We hang up and she calls me back later. Finally we get an interview on the books for 2 weeks later, I'm supposed to meet 2 gentleman . Seems like a long wait for a company that wants to hire someone ASAP but okay..

I go in for the interview and only 1 of the gentleman is present. He asks resume-related questions and shows me around the complex. He says he's very interested and he's going to have the gal call me to set up an interview to meet the other guy who apparently couldn't make it that day.

Again played phone tag with the scheduler girl and get an interview on the books for 3 weeks later. Seems like a long wait, but I'm interested in the position and I agree.

The DAY BEFORE the interview the gal contacts me saying they need to postpone the interview.. ok, what date are we postponing to? She doesn't know and says she will call me the next week. Next week rolls around and guess what? No phone call. I call her and no answer. I email her and ask when the postponed interview will take place.

3 WEEKS LATER I get a generic email saying the position has been filled.

Are you kidding me? I have never been jerked around like this in my whole life. This experience has left a terrible taste in my mouth for LIFETIME. If someone is genuinely interested in working for your company then how about you treat them with some respect? You can bet I will tell my friends/family/colleagues to choose a different gym.

Overnight Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomingdale, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Bloomingdale, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Was very long fast for the first one and then waited an hour for the next I believe they forgot that I was there.onve the second one began it went fairly quickly

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work there?   1 Answer

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Folsom, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview with department manager about experience and availability. Then an interview with the general manager if the department manager liked you. The interview questions with the GM were all situational

Interview Questions

• Give us a time you dealt with a stressful situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Interview

Not a positive experience. They took very long to get back to me. Had an unnecessary amount of steps and amount of interviews- 3 in total for a job paying minimum wage and expecting you to buy expensive clothes.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions were asked. I was told I'm overqualified even though I'm still a student.   Answer Question