Life Time Fitness Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Life Time Fitness Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2017

2.5

Lifeguard Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Interview

Easy interview
    I called the aquatics department to ask about a lifeguard job, they gave me an interview 2 days later.
    In the interview they asked me about my experience and whether or not I have any customer service experience. From there they scheduled my red-cross certification class and I got in

Rock Wall Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (New York, NY).

Interview

Very unprofessional. Department manager was unavailable to interview me, so a college student with no relatable skills or background gave me my interview. I was amazed by the ease of questions. Example: have you ever climbed before? I answered yes and was prepared to explain my certifications and past experience, but there was no need. I was asked if I could get along with kids and then told there would be a second interview with the general manager. His main concern is do you know the mission and vision statements. Very easy. He just wants to see that you will take the time to care about this place. After that he'll forget your name since the place has an absurdly high rate of turnover.

Interview Questions

• Have you climbed before?
      Do you get along with kids?
      Have you ever been in a situation involving conflict?
      1 Answer

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beachwood, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Beachwood, OH).

Interview

Initial phone screen with general questions on background and why interested in company. Then 1:1 interview mainly targeted selection questions along with general interview questions about your background. Then one to a practical interview where you work someone out. Final interview with general manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a recent change that happened in your life, how did you adapt to this change   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Interview

They first asked me questions over the phone, then I had my interview with the hiring manager, then the general manager, then they had me drive to a different location to meet with the regional manager. After I thought everything went well, they never called liked they said and they sent me a Dear John email.

Interview Questions

• Whats an example were you had an customer who was unhappy and how did you deal with them?   Answer Question

Assistant Personal Training Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness in November 2016.

Interview

Brief, questions were irrelevant to the job and not at the level of professionalism in which I had expected. My interviewer also inquired about where I lived in relation to the location of which I was interviewing for. Furthermore reiterating their ignorance of interviewing protocol. With my experience in the industry it's a shame my interviewer could not put their ego aside and see how much of an asset I would have been.

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial contact was a phone interview followed by several face to face interviews with the personal training manager, club manager and regional manager. If you made it past all the interviews there was a week of training

Interview Questions

• Playing the part of a personal trainer plays a big role into this job. How do you keep up with your fitness levels?   Answer Question

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application online and a week later was contacted to schedule a phone interview. Complete a phone interview discussing my background as well as a cultural fit. The interview went well and the recruiter indicated she wanted to move me to the next stage in the process and would be in touch within 5 days to schedule. She never contacted me again, even after I inquired via email and voicemail. I certainly respect if you do not move forward with a candidate or something else happens but not contacting the person back after indicating they would leaves a poor image of the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you would be a good fit for this company? (She elaborated about the company health mission etc)   Answer Question

Front Desk Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vestavia, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Vestavia, AL) in October 2016.

Interview

After a short phone interview, met in person with the Spa Manager and the GM. Was much more conversational than structured. Required to memorize and repeat their Mission Statement to the GM.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Boulder, CO).

Interview

3 part interview, 2 coding tests and a meeting with general managers, engineering team managers and head engineering manager. First two codinginterviews were 2 hours long. The last person to person interview was 3 hours.

Esthetician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2016.

Interview

Very friendly, positive and easy to talk to. Standard interview questions: Describe a time you went above and beyond to help a client, what did you like most/least about previous job. Etc.

Interview Questions

• What is 1 thing you would do to market yourself to build up your business?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I have moved on to the 2nd interview. Negotiations have not taken place yet.